Killmail Request

So i’ve been working on a script using ESI SSO to pull killmails for a corpID. After a bit of frustrating trial and error I finally got the request to process. However now it is giving me a new problem. SSO Error 400. HTTP 403.

I did a little playing around with this in multiple ways. First made sure the corpID is being properly transmitted. Verified that I have and am sending the correct refresh token. And then plugged the data in manually on the EVE Swagger interface site to test if the problem was in the coding.

I am still getting the same error codes plugging into the EVE Swagger Interface manually. So for now i’m hesitant to say the problem is with my code.

Response Body
{
  "error": "Invalid token: SO1AfjISUuhL6CnO...",
  "sso_status": 400
}
Response Code
Response Headers
{
  "strict-transport-security": "max-age=31536000",
  "via": "1.1 google",
  "status": "403",
  "alt-svc": "clear",
  "content-length": "66",
  "x-esi-error-limit-remain": "100",
  "last-modified": "Thu, 14 Sep 2017 04:00:48 UTC",
  "date": "Thu, 14 Sep 2017 04:00:48 GMT",
  "x-esi-error-limit-reset": "12",
  "access-control-max-age": "600",
  "access-control-allow-methods": "GET,OPTIONS",
  "content-type": "application/json",
  "access-control-allow-origin": "*",
  "access-control-expose-headers": "Content-Type,Warning",
  "cache-control": "private",
  "access-control-allow-credentials": "true",
  "access-control-allow-headers": "Content-Type,Authorization,X-User-Agent",
  "expires": "Thu, 14 Sep 2017 04:01:18 UTC"
}

After seeing this I did consider that the scopes requested might be the issue. So I went back and verified both corp killmail and character killmail for ESI were selected (not the crest).

Any ideas or have I pretty much touched everything?

I’m not sure if you just used the wrong name or if you’re literately using the refresh token to auth.
You need to use a access token to access auth endpoints. you use the refresh token to get a access token: https://eveonline-third-party-documentation.readthedocs.io/en/latest/sso/refreshtokens.html

Reading the entire chapter about SSO may help you understand everything better: https://eveonline-third-party-documentation.readthedocs.io/en/latest/sso/index.html

EDIT: access tokens expire after 20 min or so (the exact time will be included in the result when you use the refresh token to get an access token)

Yea, you’re prob sending the refresh_token. You need to send the auth_token. Refresh tokens are just used to get another auth_token, not to auth endpoints.

There would be a different error if it was expired, so i’m with @Golden_Gnu, that you’re sending the wrong token.

Yeah i was trying to pass the refresh token instead of the access token. I did figure it out though. But i’ve found a limitation in what i was trying to accomplish. Is there a way to retrieve corp killmails like on the old xml api. It had the ability to create a corp key. Not sure if this is implemented in the new ESI or if they have abandoned it.

There is yes.

https://esi.tech.ccp.is/latest/#!/Killmails/get_corporations_corporation_id_killmails_recent

any special roles required or is it open to any character within corp?

Will ofc need the SSO scope, but other than that it shouldn’t require any in game roles, as long as you are a member of that corp.

I’ll give that a shot. Let ya know how it turns out :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.