KVN-36 Node Death - 2020/08/21

way to take what I said out of context, Bub. Now please quote the rest of it.

AS FAR AS THE SERVER IS CONCERNED events are happening in real time.

Except they arenā€™t.

Everything but the damage cap runs on tick timers.
The damage cap & repair pause threshold runs on actual real time.
This means instead of 900 seconds (15 minutes for the maths challenged), itā€™s effectively 90 seconds repair timer when in 10% TiDi. And the damage required to pause it is roughly speaking multiplied by 10 (obviously exact time of application can create some variance here).
So, functionally the DPS is slowed down.

1 Like

Thank you Nevyn , this is exactly the point I was trying to make. DPS is slowed down but damage cap is not, its just bonkers.

Has CCP identified the problem that caused the node crash?

The main AFK cloaky thread got so out of hand it caused the node to crash. In addition to disabling bounty payouts, the cloaky thread should be disabled as well during TiDi.

The need more input.
Johnny nr 5

2 Likes

Yes to save money the KVN-36 node is still running on Windows ME!

1 Like

Ti Di doesn't cause Server Crashes but other bugs introduced after that in the code do.

There have been a number of issues lately with the server stability. After the intro of Ti Di originally you could have much bigger fleets than you can now. The servers have been upgraded to the greatest however just adding extra rocket power to a potato is still going to run like a potato.

I think if anything the mistake CCP made was to introduce new ambitious changes right in the midst of a war, however, at the same time they can't win because without additional changes the community jump up and down.

Something something, best hardware for the server, something something didnā€™t workā€¦

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.