Lai Dai Corporation and Intaki Assembly sign Armistice, Onikanabo Brigade withdrawing from Intaki V

Because the liberties of a Caldari corporate – that is, the freedom from outside coercion or imposition deemed intolerable – is one and the same with the liberties of its corporate citizenry. Those liberties were not innately justified by any other power than violence and force against those who would seek to impose their own regime upon the Caldari corporate citizenry through violence and force.

The understanding that the rights and liberties of the State as outlined by corporate laws exists only insofar as a sufficient amount of force exists to defend them is why Caldari society and culture is structured the way it is.

There are no myths, only harsh reality.

The only regimes imposed on Caldari citizens through violence and force were those of the feudal warlords and empires that ruled the planet before the Gallente arrived. When the various Caldari member states joined the Federation they did so willingly, and were welcomed with open arms. That welcome was repaid in violence, and the Caldari State was born out of the murder of those Caldari who still sought peace. Then, as now, those who have suffered most from State oppression are the Caldari themselves. Only in the Federation are they guaranteed the freedom and liberty that is their birthright, and only in the State are they denied it.

An unsurprising response, yet the State continues to exist according to its own beliefs and its own principles. I do not foresee that situation changing due to the ire and disagreement of foreigners as to its history and culture. The old ways of the Homeworld have long taken root among the stars, and the traditions of duty and discipline under the Lords of War are not going to be broken by paltry platitudes about democracy or human rights.

Oh, I have no illusion that the leaders of the State will listen to reason. Nothing about Lai Dai’s actions should be a surprise, and the Intaki Assembly are fools if they think continued appeasement will long avail them. It wasn’t appeasement that liberated the Luminaire system from the threat of Provist annihilation, it was the strength of the Federation Navy. It would be wise for the Intaki people to consider that fact as they harvest the bitter fruit borne by the Assembly’s capitulation to Lai Dai’s aggression.

If there is nothing to negotiate, there exists no need for reasons.

I wish Lai Dai good fortune in their upcoming negotiations with Federal Marines currently landing on Intaki. Now that Federal Defense Union command has authorized planetary operations, perhaps Villore Accords will send some negotiators of our own.

1 Like

War is business;
Business is war.

Why not send your troops in, if able, force can be persuasive all on its own. If Lai Dai can’t stake their claim, then they don’t deserve to have it.

Perhaps.

I’m sure Lai Dai’s security troops are well versed with the negotiating style of Federal Marines - after all they out-negotiated them when we took back our Homeworld. I wouldn’t be so gleeful about your Navy’s phyrric victory over Home, either - even if you weren’t there, I remember how many Dreadnaught’s the Federation Navy lost that day.

I remember a titan falling into the atmosphere potentially killing more people than the battle itself did. If ever there was a lesson to be learned that day, it was that the feud between the Federation and the State should have ended when the war did.

2 Likes

Why should it end?

I’m glad to see someone pointing out the obvious solution.

1 Like

Now that Mordu’s Legion has finally broken its silence only to say it is abandoning Intaki in its hour of need, the Assembly is reported to be “Considering All Options".

As I have done since the issue of franchise renewal was first discussed earlier this year on these boards, I would urge the Assembly to listen to the protestors and include the ISP in those options.

The ISP is politically neutral, economically independent and shares a common cultural and geographic connection with Intaki. As the popular cry goes, it is truly ‘Intaki’s Best Defence’!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.