Lai Dai Corporation and Intaki Assembly sign Armistice, Onikanabo Brigade withdrawing from Intaki V

Nomistrav, the amount of my involvement with what happened on Intaki is miniscule. I’m telling you that anything that is illegal in nature will be dealt with according to State Law and I can promise you that my taking advantage of a general lift in LaiDai stock prices to divest myself at a profit constitutes profiteering in only the most general sense. I honestly don’t think you understand how big one of the Okusaiken is.

You want to compare that to a direct threat against my crews?

If you intended to make a point, I suppose it’s only that if one scratches a Federal patriot, a violent extremist bleeds.

jayaata bahnahk, gihstawa bahnahk

Ishukone recently discovered something in the tunnels under the Kaalakiota mountains on Caldari Prime. Then the Republic found something on Pator. Now, Lai Dai makes an uncharacteristic visit to a third homeworld. All of this is happening during a time when we’re learning new secrets from the precursors nearly every day.

Interesting that.

4 Likes

I don’t suppose any of the capitalists on this thread have a stock of Intaki Three Color Paintings they need to sell?

You know, when you think about it, if you could on stock in Intaki Three Color Paintings or a holding company for their artistry, and then you added Ishukone stock at a one-to-three ratio to that portfolio, you’ve technically done what you wanted to do, right?

I don’t have any connections to the Art world, I’m afraid - apart from a lovely sculpture gifted to me.

The Art market is too subjective to be an easy investment.

It’s great for money laundering though. Dealer in on the scheme puts up a piece and you dump as much dirty money as you want at private auction or sale, because it’s all subjective, see? Then you sell some pieces back getting clean money in return sans a fee.

At least, so I’m told, I only do legitimate things with art for purely aesthetic reasons.

I’m sure that the Caldari people, being the money-grubbing merchants they are, have art markets somewhere that offer short-selling. Adding a Fourth Color to noted Intaki Three Color Paintings might make certain positions on said markets quite profitable.

There is always the option of taking a can of paint and a big wide brush into a gallery yourself.

Tl;dr all.
But I read “armistice” and “orderly withdrawal”, so I just went “Hurrah!” and “Yaaay!” inside my head.

2 Likes

Anything that exists can probably be bought and sold on the Jita trade hub - but you’d have to know some people to get access to the illegal stuff. As an ex-cop I just don’t have those connections.

This whole tragic episode is yet more proof of the plunder and exploitation that awaits the Intaki people at the hands of the Caldari State whenever they are able to expand their influence in the region. Perhaps now the Intaki Assembly will finally reconsider the grave error they made when they refused to allow the Federation Navy to reestablish a permanent security presence in the system when the FDU originally liberated it from State Protectorate control. Instead they put their trust in Mordu’s Legion, and that trust has been betrayed. Clearly they are too busy lapping up the largess from lucrative Upwell security contracts to provide for the security of the Intaki people.

Lai Dai and Ishukone have played their corporate power games once more, and Intaki citizens have paid the price in blood, devastation, and theft of their cultural heritage. Their callous disregard for human rights in the naked pursuit of profit at all cost should be a fresh example to the rest of the cluster of the true nature of the Caldari State.

2 Likes

Last I checked, the Intaki Assembly was not signatory to a client state agreement with the Caldari State so is not afforded the rights and protections of corporate basic laws.

Which is a damn shame, they could have grown strong and prosperous like the Achur under the guiding hand of Caldari corporate rule.

Update

As reported by Lina Ambre this morning New Eden Standard Time, the Kainta Yavaat Transorbital Launch Facility has been the subject of negotiations between the Intaki Assembly and the Lai Dai Corporation regarding the leasing of the Facility to the latter.

1 Like

My congratulations to the Intaki Assembly for their wisdom in diversifying the contract base of their world outside of just a single Caldari Okusaika.

The fact that such “corporate basic laws” ignore fundamental human rights is exactly why their like should never have been allowed to leave the Luminaire system in the first place. Lai Dai’s actions on Intaki V show the State for what it truly is, a gang of high tech barbarians looting the galaxy for profit. Apparently the rest of the Caldari State is poised to let this outrage proceed through the CBT with little if any sanction on Lai Dai, which only proves further that the Caldari megacorporate model of government is incapable of restraining its own retrograde elements.

It is high time that the Caldari State faced an internal reckoning with these feudal relics. Abusing the liberties of your own people is one thing, but the rest of the cluster should not have to tolerate such outrages.

1 Like

Alternatively, both the Federation and the State could settle their differences anywhere but Intaki.

2 Likes

People don’t have innate liberties that are not extended by a government, in the case of the State, the rights and liberties extended under Caldari basic law. Again, if one is not signatory to those laws then they are not extended. Far be it from Caldari to dictate how others should choose to govern themselves and live their lives. I do not see what is so outrageous about such a system.

The Intaki chose not to live under corporate rule and prosperity, now they experienced the detriments of such a decision – much like many in Sinq Liaison or Verge Vendor once experienced.

If people have no innate liberties that are not extended by a government then how is it that the Caldari megacorporations had the right to reject the rule of the Federation government? How is it that the megas could justify denying access to those rights to people the government deemed to be protected?

The foundational myth of the Caldari State is that it formed to defend the liberties of the Caldari against Gallente oppression, but the truth is more consistent with the first part of your statement. Then, as now, certain State megacorps recognize no other authority than force of violence or the threat of it. Then, as now, the only freedom they desire is the freedom to oppress others at their whim.

The only relevant difference here is between a Federal government that has respected greater Intaki independence even as that respect has advantaged its rivals, and the State which now apparently sanctions blatant violation of Intaki sovereignty as a playground for megacorporate misconduct. The Intaki Assembly put its trust in Ishukone and Mordu’s Legion to protect them from interference from both the Federation and the State. It should be obvious now who the true threat was.

1 Like

The Assembly seems to forget that it’s on its own when playing the powers against each other. Federation, Lai Dai, Ishukone, State and Legion are unfortunately all orders of magnitude stronger entities than Intaki V. As a result of not having a reliable ally, the Intaki people remain in the middle of the warzone vulnerable to these sorts of threats without any viable path to repercussion.

Personally I don’t think there’s any shame to stronger involvement with the Federation, not more than letting a bunch of bandits get away with their crimes at least. Going the other direction apparently hasn’t helped us much in this regard.

1 Like