Launcher download speed extremely slow and slowing down

I have a 350mbps connection (tested with both speed testers and other downloads). When I attempt to download a patch, the download speed first spikes to 800kb/s (Not very good for an internet that usually downloads at 40mb/s, but is acceptable, because most of the patches only take 5 or 6 minutes at that speed).
The issue is, soon after, the download speeds start to plummet. They drop about 6-8kb/s every second, meaning that in a minute or two, I end up with 50kb/s and a 2 hour download time. This phenomenon has happened before, but it has never been so serious, as the slowdown rate before was slow enough that I was able to download the patch eventually. Now, its basically impossible for me to download a patch. How can I fix this?

A reinstall seems to have fixed the problem, however, I would still like a workaround in case it happens again. Thank you!

I see this sometimes on all downloads, not just Eve - the fix for me seems to be switching the router off for 30 seconds then on again. YMMV

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.