Left because of wardec

This is never going to happen.

People who declare wars are not “asshats” - they are just playing the game as designed. A core idea of this game is that everything player-made can be destroyed, and no where in New Eden is safe. Player structures have always been subject to attack, even POSes, which do have to belong to a corporation and declaring a legal war was the same mechanism used to attack and remove them. Unlike Upwell structures, you can/could take a POS down during the 24h lead up to a war, but still you and your industry was at least subject to disruption, even if you could always evade the war by taking down your POS.

This will always be the case. Even if CCP throws out wars tomorrow, they will replace it with some alternative mechanic to attack structures in highsec (maybe with something like how Mobile Depots are fought over?). They will never, ever make player-owned structures completely invulnerable, and they certainly will not add that as a “premium feature” you get to pay for. There will always be a way to attack other players in the PvP sandbox game.

That said, CCP has provided you with a plenty of NPC stations in the majority of systems that are actually immune to attack for players like you who don’t want to fight. You can build, research, invent, reprocess, and refine in these stations, or the growing ecosystem of player-owned stations that offer similar services. None of this is locked out to you from the NPC corp. Yes, I get that you want your own EC but there is nothing you can do with one that you can’t do from an NPC or public Upwell Structure.

If you want to be part of the land holding class, you open yourself up as content for the other players. That’s how a game like this works - if everyone could opt-out of being a target, then nothing would get destroyed and no-one would want to buy the stuff you gather or build. If you don’t want to be as much of a target, then your intended route is to stay in the NPC corp which has more safety as a trade-off for forgoing the advantages of structure ownership.

You have to choose. You don’t get to have your cake and eat it too, and you especially don’t get to pay CCP for that privilege over the other players. Play safer, or take some more risks, but don’t complain that you can’t have all the rewards but at no risk to the other players.

5 Likes

I’m being realistic, just like Drac is… but that went way over your head.
So focused on the “negativity” we say that you forget we’re right all along

Eve markets need war to survive, there is a limited balance to the eve market, with the destruction of many ships people need more, take away the PvP in highsec you not only drown the markets and not make any isk, your allowing the nullsecers to take over the game completely…

Ask yourself do you play nullsec online?

Well, it’s true that declaring a war doesn’t make someone an “asshat”, but then again, there’s nothing saying that asshats can’t declare wars. :wink:

–Gadget is just sayin’

2 Likes

This is negativity.

I’ll say the same thing but in a different way…

“It seems many people may not know how to engage blanket war deccers”

Can you see that how I said it leaves room for debate? saying it the way you do will just make people completely ignore you. negativity.

1 Like

The reality of things is that it’s negative

It’s a fact, facts can be positive and negative afaik… lol

Yes I fully agree with you.

When I did my ventures with Drac some of the people who previously wern’t bothered to pvp actually did pvp and had lots of fun. I felt this was because of my approach.

Perhaps we need to work on the way we engage the people who dont like wardecs?

I think the folks that don’t like wardecs should go back to basics and start again in an NPC corp or NPC community, this will require cool people to carefully teach them how to pvp and give them general advice.

I still think about doing a high sec venture and simply giving those who are unsure about pvp some food for thought.

Nothing more annoying than people who start a game, fail to lrn2play, and then weep on the forums for changes.

Stop weeping, lrn2play or quit.

1 Like

Are you in love with drac? You bring him up in almost every post?

I ship them.

–Gadget starts a fanfic

You mean the market where 90% of the items sell for less than the parts required to manufacture them??? Seems to be that markets need smarter economists participating to “survive”. VOLUME… lol

PLAYER DRIVEN wink wink

1 Like

So your saying more ships need to die

I once saw a player in a vindi with 3 neutral guards suspect baiting. A small group took the bait and the guards were repping the vindi. Well our wormhole had a direct exit there so we brought a few ships including 2 geddons and a falcon and made short work of the logi. Sadly we weren’t on the vindi it’s timer expired but the other guys handled it while we bumped his freighter away so he couldn’t ship swap.

Ps neutral assistance is the most counterable thing in the game and if more people did it there would be less of it used

1 Like

So just out of curiousity, why do you chaps hide in high-sec ganking bears while low sec continues to be a barren wasteland where a decent pirate can’t find a fight for love nor money?

I’ve been listening to this ‘Eve is a pvp game!’ line from you lot for 10 years now, yet you seem endlessly reluctant to actually engage in any vaguely competitive pvp. Why is that?

3 Likes

Why would a ‘decent pirate’ hunt anywhere but where the marks are the fattest and least protected?

2 Likes

So in other words its not about the pvp at all, its about having things as easy as possible for yourselves? More fun to watch a new player get upset and ragequit, than actually engage in a fight you might lose?

5 Likes

Hisec wars and pvp? :joy::rofl: mutually exclusive terms. Blanket wardeccers are sawing the branch they sit on. They just don’t see it.

1 Like

Kal,

They’re thying to emulate real dirtbag pirates, not some anime flavored honorable knight in a tricorn.

–No so dread pirate Gadget

1 Like

Gadget, I could respect that if they didn’t also insist on whining about how pvp they are every five minutes. Also those real dirtbag pirates spent most of their lives being hunted down by navy ships. I don’t see our resident high sec dirtbags facing much in the way of retaliation.

All feels a bit like the big kid who just snatches the sweets from the smaller kids.

1 Like

Its a sandbox so its player’s fault if there are no consequences.

Some players farm roids, some farm NPC, and others farm players. Everyone gets to make their money in the manner they most enjoy. (sandboxes! YAY!!)