Left because of wardec

Another corpmate of mine and the friend rejected to renew his subscription. And I see that he not log like before. His reason - wardec. And such a case is not the first in our corporation.

9 Likes

Drop to NPC corp and a common chat channel and you are fine, or move to lowsec/nullsec/wh. Player corps in highsec are mostly pointless, except from structure holding shells, tax evasion, and wardec other corps.

16 Likes

Just leave high-sec

12 Likes

If people can’t accept that they’re going to get wardecced in this game, that this game is a PVP one and they are going to have to deal with that, then this game is not for them anyway.

28 Likes

Good luck to him with whatever he does next. EVE isn’t for everyone, but hopefully he finds a game he enjoys.

17 Likes

Goodbye!

3 Likes

I think he has: making throwing away alts to troll the forums about wars and ganking.

But on the off chance this is an actual player, read the advice above and play the game your way without worrying about wars. From what you describe you don’t need to be in a player corp yet - leave that for later when you better understand the mechanics of this competitive game.

5 Likes

If you would counter troll the war dec spam trolls by leaving your corp for a week then rejoining, then this wouldn’t happen near as often.

6 Likes

Thanks for reply guys. But do you read yourself? Imagine if one will put this next to EVE Online page in Steam or to it’s trailer. I think it will be fair for new players to know it before DL the game.

well… so this days real trolls can’t be treat the way they deserves. But those who use the forum because it’s their right (and devoir to show the problems) are trolls for sure.

5 Likes

Have you read the Steam reviews for Eve?

The comments here are tame by comparison, and technically correct.

Wardecs are a trivial annoyance that are ludicrously easy to avoid for anybody with half a brain and the slightest understanding of game mechanics.

14 Likes

I read everything I say back to myself very carefully before I post it. Sometimes, I still make mistakes, but it’s usually just literary errors.

I agree with you completely, I think all players should have a proper understanding of every game they get into before they spend money on it. The thing is, that’s entirely up to them. No one is going to hold their hands and help them make decisions for themselves. These new players, your friends, they all have their own minds, do they not? They should be properly informed on what this game is and they should take some of the responsibility to inform themselves.

2 Likes

Tottally agree. And (for one second) CCP doesn’t put the objective information about what the game really looks like.
But don’t you think that if all potential newbies will get the whole objective information there will be very small amount of new comings to this game?

What’s in trailers? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrwffiIB5ok&list=PLF614A7A6461E61E1&index=3
“Welcome to EVE Online, the game where players write history in a universe of unrivaled beauty, depth and opportunity. Find out what you can do as a pilot in New Eden, from influencing powerful pilot-run corporations and leading fleets of warships into battle, to mining valuable materials and exploring the far reaches of the galaxy. Your adventure is what you make it. The beauty of space, an expansive and vibrant community, as well as all the challenges you wish to face await you in EVE Online. Begin writing your own legend by joining EVE Online”
Why don’t they put

right in the first seconds of it’s trailer (like - bamp - big disclaimer with this warning right in the beggining :grin:).

2 Likes

This game was released in 2003. It’s currently 2018. That’s fifteen years of acquiring new players, enough of whom have stuck around long enough to keep the game running. Whether they had all the information spoon-fed to them or not is quite irrelevant. The fact is, they stuck around. They were all newbies once, they all had to deal with wardecs and ganking and everything in between and here they are. Here I am, having started myself only in 2012. I got into the game without really looking into it all that much, and I learned about it through experience. I decided for myself, I made the choice, to learn and adapt to the game, and in making that choice, I learned to love it for what it is, and not just that, but do quite well at it.

Of course the game scares away new people, because just like every single other game out there on the market, this game is not for everyone. There isn’t a single car that is made for every customer. Not a single bottle of wine that is made for every customer. Not a single movie or broadway play is made for every audience. And so it is with EVE and every other video game. Not one is made for every single audience.

Some are more niche than others. Flight sims, for example, especially study sims, have very small audiences. Not many people want to sit around staring at a console of gauges testing their ability to maintain level flight for 100km in poor weather. Likewise, not everyone is interested in the dakka-dakka testosterone-fest competitiveness of CSGO, Arma, COD, and other shooters.

The game isn’t for everyone, and that’s okay, because there are more than enough people around that it is for such that the game has managed to survive for fifteen years. Those people that do well can take pride in the fact that they’ve accomplished something that most people gave up on. EVE’s complexity, depth of content, and learning dynamics are all part of what makes it unique and special in the world of gaming.

At the end of the day, the people who quit because of a wardec were always going to quit over something in this game. Even if they were never wardecced, there was going to be a mission too hard for them, a gate camp, a scam, or some such that was going to be more than they could handle. Or maybe just more than they wanted to handle, but either way, they were always going to quit. They are not cut out for it, and that’s on them. And guess what? Yes, it’s on this game as well. This game filters out the weak, and I’m okay with that. I want a challenge in my PVP. Blapping newbros with civilian shield and armour repairers who accidentally stumble into lowsec is boring.

17 Likes

K.

Bai.

Also, as a side note my Alpha infiltration alts have been wardecced for months. I’m flying my coal carts around with gay abandon and taking a few small precautions which don’t impact on my oh-so-vital productivity levels that much at all. All this whilst my corpmates are getting slaughtered for mining 2 or 3 jumps out of hubs and not paying attention because they’re banging the underside of the desk whilst watching anime. They then proceed to cry in local which, let’s face it, is like flicking a lion’s bollocks and not expecting to get bitten.

So incensed have I been with their ineptitude that I’ve already relieved them of two Orcas by deccing them with a 1 month old character. Yet still they carry on, and all I hear on comms is the same, sad lazy BS that you’re spouting.

Just stop being bad. New Eden does not owe you a living.

10 Likes

Those comments :expressionless:

3 Likes

Bye Felicia!

1 Like

Because that wouldn’t be great marketing, despite the reality of it.

The same is true of any game. WoW isn’t for everyone, minecraft isn’t for everyone, COD, etc.

EVE just isn’t for everyone and more so than a lot of games because it’s always been niche due to it’s nature.

2 Likes

Okay.
Deep breaths.
I got some serious truth to drop on ya.
WAR is NOT scary.
It’s not.
War is just that time in the game when you actually have to pay attention when you are playing in high sec, because there are people out there who would like to kill you. I did war for years, only died from it once… and that was because I was befuckered by the demon bourbon into deciding that it was a great idea to YOLO my Golem into a manned enemy POS.

Keep your head on a swivel.
Assume that they, and by ‘they’ I mean anyone who you do not trust implicitly, are out to get you.
Keep local visible always.
Use D-Scan when doing anything out of station. ‘who is that? why are they there? is this a trap? maybe I should leave?’ these are the kind of RATIONAL thoughts that should be going through your brain when doing stuff under wardec.

Do NOT dock and hide under your bunk until it goes away.
This murders the fun for you and makes you not like the game. It’s stupid and no way to live.
Keep in mind it’s harder for the murdermonkeys who want you dead to track you down and put the tongs to you than it is for you to move… so, switch up your habits.
Pick a new system/agent/station to do your things at. If aggressors still show up, then move again.
If they want to try to kill you, then by the gods they should have to WORK for it to happen.

Did I mention local? You see a flashy red pop into local, you beat feet asap.
You see a stranger on D-scan, or worse… in your mission/belt/anomaly? GTFO NOW.
The very best defense ever is simply not being there when the offense shows up.

Exert yourself. Prove to the universe that you desire to live.
Deny your would be murderers their satisfaction.

STOP asking CCP and CONCORD to save you. Only you can save yourself.

19 Likes

I would like to add to this that even if you lose something, even if it’s something big, it’s not the end. My first wardec, I lost a navy domi. I was still new, thought bigger was better, lost it to a couple of lokis and a coupla tempests from some german wardec corp.

A few months later, after learning a lot, I caught a few of the guys that were involved in my domi kill in a lowsec in anom with some rather shiny navy battleships of their own and a few cruisers. I caught them in my Jaguar, alone, with my closest help one jump out. Four navy battleships and a few cruisers running anom, and I went balls deep on 'em, tackling one of the navy battleships. One of the others engaged and tried to get me off him, the other two battleships and a couple of cruisers bailed, one cruiser stayed behind. Eventually, two of my friends came to join me, also in assault frigates, and we took down the other navy battleship, and the last cruiser that had stayed behind.

After I reminded them of who I was, and the navy domi they killed, I displayed the trophy killmails of the two navy battleships, in exchange for my one, killed by assault frigates, they got salty as hell. I realised that what I’d learned from losing in this game had made me better. Not just better, but dangerous. Dangerous enough that people had begun running away from me, raging at me, and before long, people who knew me and wanted to kill me brought blobs and tricks that they’d knew they’d need to take me down, because I was no longer that easy to kill in a toe-to-toe fight.

EVE is a learning experience, and you lose more from losing than you do from winning. The proof of that is in the winning itself. If you’re winning, it’s because you have nothing left to learn for that fight anyway.

10 Likes

Sorry to hear that.

It’s definitely a recurring issue, just another of the many nails driven into the coffin.

5 Likes