Left because of wardec

People have been quitting EVE ‘because of wardecs’ for over a decade. That coffin has a million nails in it by now, but still no body.

11 Likes

I regret that I have but one like to give to this.
Truly.

3 Likes

Just because it’s still making noise doesn’t mean it’s alive and doing well.

A mortally wounded animal always bellows before it dies.

3 Likes

I’m surprised you can hear anything over the sound of your own whimpering.

11 Likes

Whimpering?

So you’re posting typical sarcastic troll remarks again. And I was actually starting to think you were better than that.

3 Likes

My dude, I call it whimpering because after fifteen years of ‘EVE IS DYING, THE SKY IS FALLING!’ it’s nothing but white ■■■■■■■ noise to me. It’s like a theme song for a sitcom now. You need new material. There’s no sarcasm, I’m just calling out hyperbolic disingenuousness for what it is.

4 Likes

Heh, you posted a sarcastic troll remark intended to demean and flame me. I could have easily replied with how surprised I was that you were able to say that with your head stuck so far up your arse but I didn’t.

As for your 15 years of Eve, the first 10 years saw marked growth in player numbers up to +60k, the last 5 years has seen a constant drop in numbers to where it’s now half of that. You do the math.

6 Likes

In 2013 when the peak all time logged in characters of 65,303 was reached (due to a specific attempt to get the most players logged in), the average across the year was 42,000.

In 2017, when the peak login for the year was 47, 713, the average across the year was 35,000.

We all like to think things are bad and always getting worse, but the actual numbers don’t show it to be half what it was (47,713 is much more than half 65,303, and 35,000 is not half of 42,000).

It’s all fully verifiable on eve offline.

3 Likes

I once played Call of Duty with a friend. Then he suddenly quit the game. His reason: They shot at him!!

Ok, joking aside, so what? This is a PvP sandbox and wardecs are an integral part of the game and player corps have to deal with them. That does not mean you have to fight them, there are multiple ways how to avoid fighting and your CEO should tell you what to do. If he can’t, join a corp with a competent CEO

11 Likes

very good advice, especially

o7

I have see that happen a lot! It’s hard to see those players didn’t use more than one character on their account. They could easily play on their second alt that they can keep in a starter corp and stay in the starter zone. That way you cannot possibly be ganked. Just do missions and mine freely in the orebelts without any worry of Ganksterism. But yes it will net you a lot less ISK but at least you can have fun, even blow up each other’s starter ships as you’ll get those back for free. Enjoy a little PVP on the side… even if it’s only once in a while. Even in the tutorial you get wrecked and podded…

1 Like

Just use a second slot on your account for a month and train a basic miner/explorer.

Then when you/they get wardecced simply use the other character to keep playing and contract the stuff to your main, nobody wants to stop training on their main, I get that…but it’s a very good investment to wardec proof yourselves.

Just leave it in an npc corp and use the same station, or 1 system over. Then next time you get wardecced you can just laugh at them wasting 50m isk while you carry on regardless :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for your replies.
:+1:

4 Likes

Improve
Adapt
Overcome

HTFU

5 Likes

See, it’s comments like this that show people you’ve nothing but hyperbole to expatiate. Even if the numbers ARE half, they’d still high enough that the game would be considered healthy. Everyone keeps going on and on about how unhealthy the game is because the numbers have dropped, but I’ve seen games do just fine with even less than half the audience that EVE has.

2 Likes

Is there any stuff? :slight_smile:

1 Like

CCP SHOULD REMOVE THIS ■■■■ GAMEPLAY THAT SUITS 50 DUDES WHILE LOSING HUNDRED NEW PLAYERS EACH MONTH TO THIS GRIEVING MECHANIC UNTIL THEY COME UP WITH SOMETHING BETTER

i know 10+ dudes who left because of this, and im talking about legit dudes who would of sticked arround

6 Likes

Cool…

I know hundreds of people that stopped paying subscriptions when CCP changed the booster mechanics. Even more when the changed the aggression mechanic… even more when they made EVE saver than it was.

See what I did there…

5 Likes

People all around the world are flipping tables right now over losing games of Monopoly. You think Hasbro is gonna change the rules because of it?

9 Likes

Ok, can you tell me why they left? I think it’s because of ignorance around the options you have with wardecs. I can’t just explain it in detail but if you get wardecced you have to respond in some way :

Just check in local if enemies are around (they have a white star on red square on their name in the chat. If they are around you can either swap to another toon -you have 3 with 1 account- and (passive) mine or mission a bit in another place, (agressive) attack them with the alts or (passive agressive) hire mercs to do it for you or (cunning) infiltrate them with an alt and try to understand (which only works if you can comprehend stuff so I guess a certain person will not be able to do this option even if his translation service works well) what drives them and find a way to stay out of their targetzone.

Some blame the CEO for being inept. But I think the CEO has to learn to let go of his initial ideas about corporations and main characters and all will be better. Better meaning you have procedures to avoid or mitigate conflict.