Left because of wardec

You know this is not the thing which attracts players. And very small amount of people trully want to use possibility to have multiple accounts. We pushed to use them and it’s because of game imperfection but not advantage.

Everyone wants to play a normal game - not a paranoidal sociophobic nightmare [which is EVE now].

6 Likes

Well, yes, EVE Online is played in a different and less linear way other games are played. It attracts a special kind of player. And it does need an effort to understand the meta. We all had problems dealing with it, but it’s used mostly as a way to get yourself out of a ‘stuck’ situation. And you can play on without the (blocking) problems.

Fixed. No charge.

1 Like

We can (and use) leaving corp for a war period. We can (and use) switching characters.
But eventually the day comes when one just stop dealing with this mess.

3 Likes

Ok,
I assume you are wardecced repetitively. Let’s try and find out why.
Someone who wardecs you needs to have a goal. No one just wardecs people that avoid wars, it’s like tossing away ISK and waiting idle in the hopes someone comes out of station.
So do you have any clues, if not, who wardecs you? Is it the same corp or different ones ?

We get wardecs every month. Sometimes twice a month. So about 20 per year.

I have no aim to know who stands behind this (don’t gonna waist resources on it). I was getting the information when it’s worth, but that is in the past. Don’t need it anymore.
The cases when it was direct wardeccing fits hand’ fingers for the whole time. Practically all wardecs were hired by someone.
But for 90% of cases I know the reason.
And absurd is most of causes - just someones joke when people don’t wanna to revenge but just to make things harder. It were different corporations and players who hired wardecs.
There’s a special category of wars when alliances hire wardecs for their own people (this really happens inside different alliances and very common practise). Here can be two options: you are in alliance (then upper management do this in order to drag members from the high-sec to nulls); you’ve been invited by null-sec alliances (they wardec your corp so you’ll see how difficult the life in high-sec is and would hurry to join and home their null-sec base).
Another category is when mercenaries just see you in overview and add your corp to their wars list. For the alliances they do it regullary (looks like they have a schedule for big alliances) because their list is available for public.

You all have seen what is going on in corporations and alilances info panel wardec tab.

When your corporation is active, has plans and on the way of their realisation (not just time-spending) it has wardecs quite often. And everytime it happens plans changes. So wardecs as mechanics is a big problem for the community development. It brings more negative results compairing with it’s benefits. It restrains development of community, it’s growth and progress. Pulls back possible good things that could be existing in the game.

5 Likes

The most common way to get a wardec on you is to travel to the tradehubs often in industrial-ships. There are several corporations that blanket-dec those who do that. Flying smart will make most of the wardecs go away.

1 Like

Flying smart seems to be difficult…
Hey folks use your brain, and you will laugh about every wardec.
Peoples, you should meditate over this quote:
“Forget yourself. Become one with eternity. Become part of your environment.” - Yayoi Kusama

You are talking here in general terms, but in fact refer to a tiny niche in the grand scheme of EvE. The niche is called “player corp in highsec”. Change only one and wardecs are not a problem anymore.

I’m not happy with the current war mechanics myself, as they are oppressive to inexperienced players, and also players who don’t want to hide behind alts, but it’s not an excuse to ignore 99% of the rest of the game’s content - as it’s trivial to avoid wars, if you want.

Appreciate your post. But your “flying smart” means using alts, using contract systems, using avoidance list etc. So in reallity this is not actually “smart” this is masochistic. Then just imagine corporation with 200+ active pilots, what’s unnatural the situation will be with all this massive “startegy” of wardec avoiding.

3 Likes

There’s no need to put here a wall of facts. Just open EVE Map and use filter for player density.

1 Like

Number of players in real player corps, not just disposable shells? Do you have the numbers for this? Most genuine highsec players I see (and I’m living in highsec) are in NPC corps or tax evasion corps.

2 Likes

You have been given the tools (just like everyone else) to reduce the risk of getting wardecced, you refuse to use them. It’s your own fault.

It’s not ‘his fault’. He might just need more EVE experience; or hang with someone who has a great time avoiding wardeccing.

2 Likes

If 70%-85% of server numbers are just disposable shells (read alts/twinks) than daily peak average number of actual players is just 3000-6000 (20k*0.3). If this would be true than this game would has really huge problems.
[It has them anyway]

4 Likes

The community, not the game. But I understand that. How can we improve this? How do we get more people in?

1 Like

Doesn’t those both interconnected?

There are so much and “Ideas&Discussion” section will get it eventually. But you are questioning so why not to answer it [shortly]:

• transparency and clarity of ingame mechanics (making high-sec completely safe or remove it for good, reworking of balance so frigate cannot destroy battleship, making skills do matter so couple month pilots will never could overcome players who spend years in game training their skills, etc);

• diversity of content (much more scenarios for missions, much more ways to play);

• removing of schedules and timers (implement mechanisms when players shouldn’t babysit their structures [removing of fuelling as one of it] but be sure that everything will be the same irrespective to when they log back - once they gained something it should be not easy to loose);

• enrichment of game media (more attention to lore and it’s representation in game);

• market and mining bots elimination (mean making it’s not possible at all by redesigning mechanics);

• independence (making game and company itself not dependent from big alliances, restrictions on the ways big alliances can influence this game, sanctions on existing complicit big alliances);

• justice (ingame instruments for sanctioning scammers and pirats given to players and not requiring participation of other players).

Here is the major things that needed.

3 Likes

Sorry, but it doesn’t make sense to discuss with you, if you you do not read and try to understand what I wrote.

My point: don’t play in highsec in a player corp if you do not know what you are doing. Most people get that, though some have to learn the hard way. Second, not having a corp in highsec does not exclude you from the majority of the content in EvE as you try to spin here.

EDIT: only now read your post above … jesus … you are a lost cause, and I don’t think EvE is for you (and you probably influenced your corp mates which is sad … they could be still with us).

2 Likes

Anyone who left because of this was in the wrong game in the first place. This is not a game for bears or instanced PvP heros.

Sounds like a bunch of carebear ■■■■, you want all this go join WOW.

Eve is a sandbox and us, the players make it what it is.

3 Likes