Is your Corporation/Alliance getting hit by Wardecs from one of the High-Sec Wardec Crews that operate near the Trade Hubs?
These Wardecs can definitely hinder some of your members operations and effectiveness but when these Wardecs happen there are some really simple rules to follow to avoid taking any losses:
- Head out to Low-Sec or Null-Sec and stop going to High-Sec, this isn’t hard at all.
- Use out of Corp/Alliance alts for your High-Sec needs… no really, stop going to High-Sec.
- If you absolutely have to go to High-Sec avoid trade hubs and pipe systems.
- If you absolutely have to go to High-Sec use an interceptor or covops.
- If you mission or mine or haul in High-Sec while you are at war, then you have failed at all 4 rules above and will likely lose your ship.
If you need something from High-Sec and don’t have an out of Corp/Alliance alt ask for help, I’m sure one of your Corp/Alliance mates can provide some assistance.
If everyone in your Corp/Alliance follows these rules the Wardec Crew will likely drop the Wardec in one week and then you can go about our normal business. But if one person decides the rules don’t apply to them then you will get multi-week wars, and other groups of Wardec Crews will see you as an easy mark and will Wardec you as well.
Don’t be a "volcano of dumb…” you don’t even have to talk with that ‘Rules don’t apply’ person, we all know the excuses:
- I’ll watch local (they use neutral alts)
- It was only for 5 minutes (you are still in High-Sec)
- It’s only 1 gate (you are still in High-Sec)
- It’s far away from trade hubs (hello locator agent)
- I need to Plex my account (spend $20 or there are lots of other ways to make ISK)
- I didn’t think it would happen to me (yay loot pinata!)
- I didn’t know there was a war (sure do now)
But why don’t we fight them?!
a) They really know their game, they use neutral scouts, neutral logi, station and gate hug like no one else, if they come off station its because their scouts have cleared it and the target is solo, they use heavily tanked ships with logi.
Could we kill them?
a) Yes of course, but 99% of the time they will dock up and we’ll get nothing, they have no assets in space to force a fight.
High-Sec Wardec Crews aren’t going anywhere, they’ll be out there camping the pipe systems and trade hubs of New Eden 23/7, but their game is preying upon uninformed undisciplined pilots. Please do your part to keep your Corp/Alliance mates alive and teach them this simple SOP