Lets talk mining battleships for the coming changes

thought you were talking about the people that keep a combat ship in the hanger to eject and switch to. ive stolen those.

also were we are at the basic “durrr use alts” that eve comes to instead of people work together.

My mining Vindi laughs at your Rokh.

1 Like

You know that would be laughable because a vindi has such a high price tag…but since the hulk’s price in in the neighborhood and compared to a vindi a hulk is a paper towel in space, not so laughable.

I personally like to mine in a Catalyst. Warp to belt, shoot miner, collect ore, dock, wait 15min, repeat. I think my method is far superior to BS mining.

9 Likes

Destroyer mining works, although your method can become costly and wouldn’t be a viable business model for most.

Semi-afk gameplay is never superior to non-afk one.

Wait what this is actually a thing

Just use a Veldnaught.

–Practical Gadget

2 Likes

I used to use destroyers to gank but I quit multiboxing before they nixed it. I started using tornados, its much more fun.

Didn’t read through the thread yet, but:

The time in between clicking Lock, before the actual Lock for 50 million isk, Alex.

semi-afk gameplay sounds like a bot aspirant to me.

I wish I knew how to bot, but alas that much nerdy birdy my dated processor cannot a doodle do.

1 Like

mining battleship what a great idea to eliminate afk mining , as you have to stagger the miners and shift ore every 30 seconds …
got any other great ideas you’d care to share ? :grinning:

Megathron is far superior to the Rokh, as far as isk/hour is concerned.

One question - I was under impression that diverting concord is exploit. Yet I saw CODE doing that in Uedama several times in row - blackbird going criminal and somehow warps off away right before they bring their freigher-gank fleet elsewhere. Can someone clarify?

I am still kinda puzzled as to why alpha’s do get decent ratting ships, but not a decent miner

The effects of mass alpha mining can’t be that much worse than mass alpha isk printing right?

right

I’ve lost a Hulk because I mined in a high-traffic system. If you’re serious about mining, spend some time to find an out of the way place and set up shop there, even if it’s in another region. Code is no different than any other predator, they hang around where the herd is and feast away. If you’re not where the herd is, stands to reason you’re much safer.

If you’ve got to mine in a battleship, then why not just fly missions for better Isk and buy the minerals outright? Even in a Hulk the return on time spent is so-so, and if I had to fly a BS to mine I just wouldn’t mine, period.

Some parts of Hi-sec are so overpopulated I cannot understand why players want to hang there. With the added dangers of Code jackals I’d be packin’ my stuff and say “AMF”, and I don’t mean “Adios My Friends”.

https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/exploit-notification-delaying-concord-response

So according to that KIND of tactics it may not be an exploit per se, however flying out before concord arrives is not allowed (you must take your punishment), so if code is breaking the rules they can be reported, however code usually stays within the mechanics of the game, kinda hard to think they would start now.

Absolutely great advice.