Level 4 Mining Mission Summary

In regards to jet cans getting stolen, I do believe mission sites re-spawn after downtime (at least they used to) so you could just wait and then mine the re-spawned site. Also, you could then keep any extra as a “buffer” against future thefts.

5 Likes

Haven’t confirmed that, but I think it will only spawn the amount that had not been mined?

1 Like

What is good (2000 or above LP/ISK) hi-sec mining faction/agent?

1 Like

Lucky for you, Thukker Mix has one L4 mining agent in a 0.6 security system:

Can’t really do better than that in hi-sec. All ORE agents are in Outer Ring.

1 Like

@MacGregor_Orlenard for High-Sec anything in the 2000 ISK/LP range is solid, and as @Muffinmixer revealed the L4 Thukker Mix agent is a super one, some of the Thukker LP items can run up into the 3000+ ISK/LP range.

Just watch the location of that particular agent, he’s on a High-Sec island which can occasionally be ‘hard’ to get to.

3 Likes

What about the Porpoise? She has a 55.000m³ ore hold and should be able to mine the biggest mission.

3 Likes

@elitatwo I hadn’t really though about using a Porpoise, that’s a solid recommendation! Now I will have to take a good look at the differences between a Porpoise vs. the Hulk and vs. Retriever.

Will post when I have some stats.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Alright, tossed some fits into PYFA (Python Fitting Assistant) and this is what I’ve come up with.

Retriever:

Hulk:

Porpoise:

On ‘paper’ it looks like the Porpoise is a viable option for those bulkier missions as it’s mining yield is not that much lower than the Retriever and it can fit all the ore necessary to complete the missions in it’s hold.

I would be a little worried about the Mother Lode mission due to the asteroid explosions and the possibility of losing some mining drones to them. I would have to see how much damage is actually done by them or see if maybe the drones orbit out of range of the explosion?

3 Likes

Radius of roid damage is some about 5km so no way that mining drones are that far as I remember. But depends on damage they maybe can handle that.

2 Likes

Just noticed that mining missions reset ore amount at downtime so you can get some free mission ore and complete them instant next time.

5 Likes

I’ve been running some Level 4 Missions with the Porpoise for the past week or so and can confirm that it’s a viable ‘AFK’ mining option for all of the bulkier missions except “Mother Load” which has the exploding asteroids.

For High-Sec missions it’s more than tanky enough to handle any of the rats that show up without having to pull your mining drones and redeploy combat drones but I’ve not done any testing for Low or Null-Sec Level 4 Missions.

4 Likes

maybe try the prospect or endurance for low/nullsec, I’ve heard they are pretty good too.

2 Likes

Any reason to do mining missions? Just for killing some lifetime? Or what are mining missions good for?

1 Like

Yep they do just fine in low.

2 Likes

lol. Read first post… almost 2x isk/h than normal ore in hisec. in low you can take even more than this.

2 Likes

The missions should be the same difficulty everywhere, regardless of sec status. That’s definitely the case for security missions anyways.

1 Like

Again someone can’t read… Rats spawns are based on sec status not missions itself (only missions with drones may depending on mission. Not tested by myself).

2 Likes

Hey @Buk_Vice,
Level 4 Mining Missions are a solid ISK maker but it really is dependent on which Corp’s LP you’re working for. It was mentioned up higher but Thukker Mix is one of the better ones. Some of the Thukker LP items can run up into the 3000+ ISK/LP range, so solid return on time investment - especially considering it’s pretty afk ‘work’… you can be running the Mining Missions on an Alt while out on a roam with your main, it’s super easy stuff.

2 Likes

[quote=“Shriven_Intaki, post:38, topic:13386”]
you can be running the Mining Missions on an Alt while out on a roam with your main, it’s super easy stuff. [/quote]

Though things do get kinda awkward when your main accidentalies your alt.

Don’t ask me how I know this.

6 Likes

That has to be a funny story!

1 Like