Level 4 Missions are no joke! - Dominix fit - Help!

Just as a curiosity, what would you guys say is the ultimate level 4 mission running ship? For speed, convenience, and simultaneous homework completion duties, what would you suggest? I ask because I honestly don’t plan on doing level 4s forever. I’m going to branch out hopefully into industry, market trading and one day I’d love to live in a wormhole. But for the next few years I’m in graduate school and if I could focus on studies but still be blasting pirates and making isk in the background in a sort of passive way, that’d be pretty cool! Any suggestions of what to work toward?

There is no ultimate ship.

You rather have one ship per mission : some require fast ship(mach, frypan), other are better with long range (raven is god), some better use BBQ lvl of tank. Turret ships are at loss vs amarr/blood, cruise missiles are at loss vs small ships, shield ships are better vs matar, armor ship are better vs amarr, caldari are good vs caldari.

I saw one guy who was doing most his L4s in a raven. range is helpfull here.

1 Like

Yea i do all my L4’s in my raven. 174 km flight for fury cruise and 112 km flight for precision makes it easy

I have done L4s for many years now and i, like you and so many others tried to find the BEST ship and BEST fit,
But there really isn’t one that is BEST, it’s all about play style.
If there is a BEST it would probably be the Marchal and that’s again a question of play stile.

I don’t like flying battleships in L4s i think they are to slow and they don’t tank very well unless you use faction modules and make a very expensive fit.
But if budget is not a problem for you try this.

I did L4s in practically anything that can over the years and for me the Tengu T3 Cruiser have become my best as it is fairly cheap to fit for any L4.

As some have said there really is not one perfect ship. I do like my Kronos. I’m looking forward to trying out other Marauders when I get the skills. They seem to be made to clear missions quickly with little risk.

Heavy assult cruisers and strategic cruisers are very nice as well. They don’t have the dps of a battleship but they get around a lot easier. I have all the HACs and 2 SCs. Tengu is nice, and Ishtar are probably my favorite cruisers to use.

All depends on your playstyle:

Blitz: Hard to beat a Mach
Full Kill/Loot optional: Just about anything that can tank and put out sufficient dps. Your Dominix fits in here.
Full Clear (meaning all ships destroyed; all wrecks looted and probably salvaged): Any Marauder, but especially one that may have specific weapon damage type for targeted enemy.

The issue becomes if you want to loot many of the wrecks , you need to be able to do them quickly or some of the larger missions (Blockade,both Extravaganzas, the Assault, Mordus Headhunters, etc) will seem to last forever. Of course you will deploy an MTU to aid you, but where you do it causes two different problems. If you deploy on warp in and then MJD out to 100k for combat, your MTU is vulnerable to someone looking to pop it (they are quite fragile). Very rare, but I have seen it in busier systems like SOE mission hubs. Even if they don’t, the cycle times for the tractor beam aren’t the fastest. If you deploy the MTU back where you MJD for sentry deployment, the MTU has to drag each wreck 80+km, a real long process at 1000-1250 m/sec. Of the two above choices, I would go with deploy on initial warp in.

I run level 4s in a Marauder (usually a Kronos, but I do vary) with the MTU deployed right at my ship’s side so that I can easily scoop up if someone warps into the mission. I haven’t had anyone think that going suspect under the guns of a Kronos is a good idea , yet, but I have had a couple people pop in,take a look, and go away. 95% only use salvage drones in any mission and freely use my own ship’s tractor and salvage module. I know I can make faster isk blitzing with my Mach, but somehow leaving each room sparkling clean before I move on appeals to me. The suggested Domi builds are solid and would serve you well for a long time. Remember that having fun is the key and CCP has made it abundantly clear that new missions are not on their development radar, so vary your fits and your ships, try different strategies, whatever it takes to prolong having missions meet that itch, because sooner or later, you are going to start thinking of simply spacing that Damsel in Distress next time she needs to be rescued.

1 Like

One of the biggest benefits you can use right away in pyfa is simulating the damage type and resistance of the enemy so you can properly design your tank.

Advice you should not follow for the long term, but if you got the cash to buy the ship, training skills, and don’t care about long term stuff. You could also go turbo easy mode, train to fly a golem, train T2 cruise missiles, get a MTU, and fit a MJU. As soon as you zone into a mission, mju away from everything, bastion up, drop MTU and just blast everything on the map while sipping coffee and watching the market on a second or third monitor.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.