Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Efficiency in tasks. Splitting drone attention is very valuable when assigning all drones is overkill (combat), or wastes time in processing cycles (mining/salvaging). The functionality is there, but it has poor accessibility for players with any physical restrictions that impede effective and efficient use of context menus.

2 Likes

proposal : allow radial menu on probe scanner.

at the moment I can radial from “saved locations” :
Imgur

or from a BM folder shown :
Imgur

or from “people and places” :
Imgur

but I can’t from probe window !
Imgur

even though I can in-space :
Imgur

please fix it, those inconsistencies are annoying.

4 Likes

That’s exactly it, my most obvious example is orca mining - you want to put 1 drone on each asteroid and as a rock pops for assign that drone to a new one. The most manageable workaround I’ve got so far is to change the radial menu button to the mouse middle button - as the left button it’s too common for me to end up drag-dropping the drone as my fine motor skills are deteriorating.

2 Likes

you mean there are people who don’t have radial on middle button ?

yes you can just lock 5 roids, then switch target on each and radial up on a drone to ask this drone to attack this target (or mine in the case of mining drone and roid)

It defaults to the left mouse button and I had no idea you could change it. It’s not ideal for me, I still struggle, but it’s more manageable than dragging my drones all over the place.

I just want more hotkey options :frowning:

followup to my previous type-specific : Little things / Small QoL suggestions

proposal : allow filter for item-specific
example : I have 300 abyssal version of an item. I want to find the correct one. So I compare them all. In the end I just know its stats, and there is no way to search it in my can of abyssal unless it has a very specific CPU and PG - and on 300 items, it won’t.
Instead, it would be nice to be able to link to the exact item id.

Suggestion: Remappable camera rotate mouse key
Keywords: ui, controls, mouse, remap, camera

I used to rotate camera in top-down games via middle mouse button, and every time I open EVE I have to adjust for a bit. More freedom on remapping controls is always good.

For that specific scenario, they could just add a velocity display in the fleet watchlist, too.

An increase of the fleet watchlist cap from 15 to 25 would be nice, as well.

Occasionally sentries assigned to different targets can speed things up (blapping frigs from range as they fly at your ship and its sentries), but… yeah, especially the mining and salvaging situations. 90% of the time I give separate orders to all 5 drones it’s salvaging 5 wrecks faster… 9% is mining a bunch of small rocks with all 5 mining drones… 1% is the sentry sitch.

SUGGESTION: Tooltips for stacked window titles
Keywords: ui, windows, stacking, tooltips
Note: Lots of windows in a stack become impossible to use after a while, esp chats. Yes, I could create a new stack, but that would break my UI setup. Tooltips are a win-win for everyone.

Please Please PLEASE for sanity’s sake - can you make it so that when we hover over the title bar of a window that is tabbed along with many other (e.g. - lots of chats) - can we have a tooltip of that window’s title? So I can tell the difference between “Abyssal Lurkers” & “Abyssal Lurkers 2”, or “EVE-Radio” & English Help" & EVE University", for example…

In a tabbed window they show up like this:

[EVE-][EV][Abys][En][Abys][Som][EOth][ErW[Ind][ows]

and I have to guess whats what. Yes, I COULD use the Neocom bar to identify the one I want, but when I try that it minimizes the whole stack.

Yeah I know you guys are busy with lots of stuff… But this is one QoL change that would be really handy, and (yes, I’m guessing a lot here) I don’t think tooltips would be that hard or time consuming to put in.

3 Likes

Please allow us to split “People and Places” into separate windows. Bookmarks and friends have zero in common except the fact that you can search all of them with one string.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Specify somehow what specialized cargoholds can contain
Keywords: UI, Cargo
Note: Would help a lot to know what you can put into for example into a ship maintenance bay and what you can’t.

Do cap charges or scripts count as ammo, can I fit them in a Hoarder’s ammo bay? Do mobile depots fit in ship maintenance bay? Can I carry packaged ships inside a Bowhead’s special bay? Etc. etc. Stuff that you can find out by trying, but would be neat to know without having to try.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Squad / Wing Broadcasts
Keywords: Fleet UI
Note: if you want more specialized roles and distributed command/investment in fleet leadership, you need to be able to provide clear channels of communication.

3 wings in the same fleet operating semi-independently (for example: covering Command nodes during entosis contests), but they’re all receiving each other’s ALIGN, WARP, TARGET, etc broadcasts… kinda sows chaos and just makes things frustrating. If you want more distributed fighting and command setups, communication is at the heart of that. Right now, you need to split them into entirely separate fleets, which impairs coordination in other ways. Giving FCs/WCs/SCs more variety and granularity in their tools gives them more options, and more options generally improves player involvement.

3 Likes

@CCP_karkur
Hey guys, have started to look at Resource Wars. Unfortunately they are no longer visible through the Agency Window. Any reason why they were removed from there and if possible could they be put back.
It has everything else so makes sense to have them shown there as well.
Pain in the butt jumping around systems to try and find one.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Have AP avoid Trig or EDENCOM systems.
Keywords: Autopilot AP Trigs Triglavian Edencom Invasion

Note: It’d be great if the AP icon for invasion systems reflected the winner. Maybe current triangle for contested/active invasion, shield for EDENCOM victory, Triglavian logo for Trig victory.

Suggestion: Shortcut to center scanner probes on celestial/signal
Keywords: Scan probes scanner window signal celestial

Notes: Suggested shortcut could be a modifier key + double click to center coordinates of scanner probes on a signal or celestial in the scanning window. For instance, shift + double click. I feel like this would make WH life a lot less monotonous.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Quality and Scaling Settings on UI Profile
Keywords: UI Scaling Profiles window Launcher

Notes: Suggestion to make it so UI Scaling and the Quality settings are not applied to all toons but that individual toons have their own quality and scaling settings, example: Launchgroup A has all my normal toons that i would like to play with 100% Scaling and Group B has my crab toons that i want 200% scaling and Potato quality on. would be nice for alot of people i think that might want to run their alt on low graphics and dont have to change it every time this way.

The downside to this idea is that you then don’t have a quick and easy way to port UI scaling and quality settings across characters OR accounts - you have to do a bunch of manual work to copy over the settings (such as when needing to make a clean install, or set up a new PC). Right now, we can at least duplicate account settings across multiple accounts - and swap them between gaming sessions as needed - by using the Launcher; if those are moved to character-level settings, the process is a PAIN to migrate.

what about the setting’s client profiles ? I don’t know how it works, maybe it’s usable here ?

Right now the UI scaling and graphics settings are in client profiles, which are assigned at the account level via the Launcher and can be freely swapped out. Binding them to the character level means having to copy them out of an actual game file (the specific names escapes me - it holds things like overview settings, UI layout, etc) , which is doable but really cumbersome to collect your initial ‘suite’ of layouts. Once you have copied the files, though, they are generally reusable endlessly - so there is a basic value to this idea, it’s just a pain to deal with initially and make the library of character-level settings profiles.

Now, an overhaul of complete UI management functionality to make all of it character-bound and easily assignable/importable/exportable from the in-game character selection menu? That would make it Ok.