Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Suggestion: Shift Drag and Drop into the Multi Sell window should open the amount input dialog as it does in the Player Trade window.
Keywords: UI, market, selling, multi sell
Notes: I have a large stack of things that I want to sell in multiple stacks. As it stands, I have to split the stack manually first and then add them all to the MS window.

Suggestion: Remove the default Original view for T2 blueprints
Keywords: industry, blueprints, show info, information, ui
Note: It is very misleading for every T2 blueprint to have the original version as the default view in the show info window. Please change it to the copy version, at least for the stuff which has no T2 original blueprints. You can probably also change it based on the time when originals stopped happening in Eve.

Suggestion: Let us set a custom base FOV value for orbit camera.

Keywords: gameplay, navigation, ui

Note: I know you can change your fov by holding down ALT and scrolling up or down, but this is only temporary and is reverted when zooming in our out.

Suggestion: Ability to create contract with selected items inside a container.

Keywords: ui, contracts

Note: Easier items filtering with named containers for making contracts, mostly courier type

1 Like

Suggestion: Option to always display ship texts, like bracketsAlwaysShowShipText=1, but fully supported with optional visibility conditions like distance, ship type and standing. Also let us apply our custom text styles to npcs too.

Keywords: interface, ui, overview, brackets, text style

Note: I made a thread about this which got some positive response but not enough traction. Figured it belongs in here.

Suggestion: The new inventory tab in the Fitting window should have the option to display the hangar of the active ship by default. At the moment it defaults to the hangar you last selected.

Keywords: interface, ui, fitting, inventory

Note: I absolutely love the new tab in the fitting window but I keep putting my ammo in the wrong ship hangars :blush:

1 Like

Suggestion: Make it possible to link missions in chat.

Keywords: interface, ui, text links, help channel

Note: It might be beneficial in Rookie Help channel.

Suggestion: Light theme / custom themes
Keywords: Interface, ui, theme
Note: The current themes are too morbid, dull and dark

1 Like

Suggestion

When playing Project Discovery, the Experience Gained and Rank meter did not go up anymore after reaching Rank 150.
Thought that was a bug, but I got the answer in the ticket that was probably by design due to my limited skill points.

It would be nice to have sufficient warnings in this window what part of it is active or not, with the reason why and what is needed change it.

Add a search bar to the ‘My Orders’ tab of the Market Orders window.

Just like the search bar for ‘Filter on Type’ in the ‘Orders History’ tab of the Market Orders window.

This would make it easier to quickly see specific items that one might be selling at various stations, and allow us to gauge how much is needed to restock.

Thanks,
Deca Skyward.

Suggestion: Context Menu Option to “Enable/Disable Light Background” for all windows

Keywords: ui, windows
Note: Useful for alts and users with multiple machines.

When using multiple monitors/clients/machines, it’s distracting when multitasking to have the windows appear differently, and it takes too long to right click all of them for several accounts.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Add visualization for attributes and training queue harmony

Keywords: ui, skill queue
Note: immediately apparent information for how effective attributes are for skill queue

expecting illustration or number showing level of harmonization for queue and attributes, possibly synced with remaps schedule.

1 Like

Suggestion: Add contract search “Availability” option for ‘Any Availability’ showing all contract accessible.

Keywords: ui, contracts
Note: Great for coalition type deployments or for other hubs

It makes sense to leave the “Availability” field as “Public” option, but add an option for “show me everything I can get” would be helpful for when it doesn’t matter who is offering the contract.

the devs will not see your suggestion… I suggest you go back and read the first post and edit your suggestion.

I like this idea, because even as a mission runner myself, I think it would be great to link missions, but I don’t see how it would work, considering right now, the only way to see a mission is to request one. They would have to add some sort of database journal or something so we can see a general idea of missions.

but then again, thats why there’s EVE wiki and EVE survival that can be linked to chat.

Suggestion: Apparel previews should have the same type shift side menu that Ship Skins have.
Keywords: UI, apparel, type switching
Notes: Since apparel apparel types like ‘Impact’ Jacket have several different color variations, it should be possible to select them from within the preview window like you can select different skins for the same ship type from the preview. Looking through different clothing items is a pain in the back right now because the only good option to do it is the market where you have to click on the preview icon.

1 Like

Suggestion: The Apparel preview should allow the use of your current character like in the NES.
Keywords: UI, apparel, preview char
Notes: Make it easier to check if a clothing item fits your particular character setup.

Suggestion #101. :tada:

2 Likes

QoL Omega info on client character select screen.
Link to sugestion
Didn’t see this thread before post.

SUGGESTION: Fedora Hat
KEYWORDS: Apparel
NOTES: Indiana Jones style hat
I would love to have an Indiana Jones Style Fedora in game. I’d even drop PLEX on it in the Eve Store as long as it was reasonably priced.

Suggestion: A “Add to Quickbar” button in the Market’s Details pane.
Keywords: UI, market, quickbar, add to quick bar
Notes: Yes, you can drag the icon into the quick bar but that’s not necessarily intuitive and requires you to have the quick bar open. You could also use the Crosshair button to find the item in the categories and right click it there to add it but that messes up the categories. A button next to the crosshair to add an item to the quickbar safes lots of clicks.

2 Likes