Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Agreed hard part however is a colorblind developer would only see their specific colorblindness. But having a task force of several users with some benefits say a special skin for being an ambassador. Each type of the main types have one ambassador that goes thru the game and speaks with users to help identify issues, and that way it would keep down chatter and help get things more streamlined. For me best colors I see are reds/pinks i do use teal as its an entirely different shade from the rest to help identify need to be seen objectives. Otherwise I do appreciate the fact that ccp has made it accessible for those with C/B to play.

My colorblind UI settings. Here is how I have my UI currently set up. I keep things black and white, and important things are all colored red/pink just to help me.

1 Like

Hmm possibly something like the CSM maybe then, CCP could utilise a group of colour blind people to assist them with the creation of a proper ui interface or possibly multiple interfaces defending on the persons colourblindness and thier variation to others with the same issue. this would
1: Save them money hiring a team to do work that might only take a month or two to resolve (id hate to be hired for a month only to be layed off not long after).
2: It would encourage people to input to a great game and make it better because a community run game often produces better results than someone completely unfamiliar with the game at all.
3: a tech team like this would be able to tackle not just ui issues but gameplay ones as well as alot of other things.

1 Like

Suggestion: Easy of structure identification
Keywords: ui, citadels
Note: On right click menu before the citadel name, have the citadels size icon showing, so that we do not need to either show info on each one or have 50+ on the overview to identify the 1 keepstar or fortizar in a system with multiple structures.

2 Likes

We have in our Corp about 175k BP, atm we put BPs in cans into a hauler and move it around. If we could see all at one time this would be our wet dream.

1 Like

Suggestion: Ability to simulate effects different implants with ship fitting & leave notes with the ship fit.
Keywords: implants, ship fitting, fit
Note: It would be great to be able to work in the ship fitting tool and also be able to simulate what implants you have plugged in. Would also be great to be able to leave notes with the fit eg “use HG Asklepians!” or “the second cap booster is interchangeable with…”

6 Likes

That’s a good idea. Have an implant section on the Simulated Fit screen where you could place the implants that would then give the boosts to the ship as if the implants were…really… implanted… in… your brain.

2 Likes

A little thing - Abandon Cargo Container To

This function would allow you abandon a cargo container or all of your containers in space to another pilot by simply dragging their name from the chat window and dropping it into the dialogue box.

The recipient would then receive a notification that cargo containers have been abandoned to them.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Provide an option to show all low power structures in the structure browser.
Keywords: Structure, low power, visible.
Note: Make unfueled/abandoned structures easier to find.

• Add an option in the facilities drop down menu of the structure browser to filter for low power structures.
  • Return structures that meet the filter criteria whether or not the character has docking rights.
  • Enjoy some explosions we might not have had otherwise.

I don’t believe we should add these to the overview - it’s already getting pretty cluttered.

1 Like

Suggestion: Add Multibuy Icon To Killmail Reports
Keywords UI, Market, Combat
Note Possibly next to the Total Worth number in the bottom right, this will enable people to quickly buy their lost ship’s fitting’s again without having to go to a Simulate fitting if they even have their former lost ship’s fitting simulated. Can be used to quickly buy an enemies fitting too, if someone so wishes.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Flash drone name in drone window when drone has aggro or is targeted etc
Keywords: ui, drone, drone window, drone damage, aggro
Note: Would be nice if we could tell when our drones get aggro similar to how we can tell our own ships has aggro by being yellow/red boxed. Drones can die very quickly, knowing when they have aggro immediately vs only knowing when they start taking damage can mean the difference between saving the drone vs losing the drone.

6 Likes

Suggestion: Make link in skin window to go into the info window of the skin

Keywords: Windows, UI, Skins

The links in skin window in character sheet go to the ship info instead of skin info. To see the skin you take these steps:

1. Search the skin in skin window
  2. Open the info window for the ship that the skin goes on
  3. Search the skin again in skin panel of ship info window
  4. Now you can look at the skin

It would be much better if hte link would go directly to the skin info window skilling steps 1, 2 and 3.

Screenshot too:

3 Likes

I know that it was already requested before but, again:

#1 please create a warning to get back our drones or MTU before get into warp loooool

#2 please allow us to download to excel our wallet’ movements

#3 please allow us to customize all our Neocom :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Suggestion: In Fitting Management search, make the shiptype searchable, not only the Fitting name.
Keywords: ui, Fitting Management
Note: Makes it easier to find ship fittings that doesn’t have the ship name in the fitting name
When searching for lets say Drake fittings. You type “Drake” in the search field, but it returns 0 results since the drake fit you were looking for was called “Bring back 2012”.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Please shrink the packed size of Enormous Freight Containers so they fit in Mining Barge’s cargo-hold.
Keywords: Cans, Mining, Barges, Cargo
Note: I get the reason for not having a bigger cargo bay on barges but a barge should be able to launch an enormous from its hold.

1 Like

Suggestion: delete the delay in movement skills in the queue
Keywords: skills queue
Note: when i drag and drop skill to another position in queue i wait ~2 seconds when can continue.

1 Like

Suggestion: match the accuracy of the weapon with a column in the overview panel
Keywords: accuracy,weapon,overview panel,informativity
Note: weapon accuracy 700, target angular velocity 0,1. How do I in fight to QUICKLY determine the chance to hit the target. But if these targets are several, how to choose the best for shooting

2 Likes

Suggestion: boost electronic warfare drones
Keywords: drones,electronic warfare
Note: only ecm drones are currently usable(and need balance). need boost ehp (for stasis, tp and other drone) and effectiveness per one drone?

2 Likes

Suggestion: save history of all learned skills
Keywords: history,skills
Note: Not played eve for 3 months. The game has kept information only about the last 10 studied skills, and the studied before(studied for the first two of the three months) in the history of nothing. And if I hadn’t played for a year,how do I remember? To record in advance all on paper?

1 Like

Suggestion/fix: agent information overlap.
Keywords: agents, missions, station ui, information overlap.
Can the offered/accepted text (yellow/green) be moved down one line in the station UI to prevent it overlapping other agent information. This has been a issue for more than a year.

1 Like

Legal ruleings in the States prevents in game online gambleing. This is why it was removed originally to prevent CCP breaking any real life laws and getting a massive fine in real world $.

1 Like