Local Comms Blackout - Discussion Thread

Thanks, but I’m just a good soldier…

1 Like

Thank you for reading the thread, and having the intelligence to see both sides of an argument.

Also thanks for the last bullet. It puts my thoughts out there in a way more palatable form.

Enjoying all the salt, but at the same time excited to perhaps put my other foot back out in nullsec. While WH krabbing is very lucrative, its sporadic as all hell, and nullsec will have much better average. And for a little while I’ll not have to worry about some cloaker instantly knowing I’m in system so I can krab in peace.

Guess it’s time to weigh in.

Congratz CCP for having the guts to shake the snowglobe. This is the CCP that I remember and the EvE that I love. I am 100% in support of this idea, it guarantees my subs will stay.

It’s funny, real EvE players look at this and think, “how can I use this to my advantage”…

Will is effect the markets? - Of course, best put yourself in position to profit there.

Look this really comes down to two arguments:

1. It’s harder for new players in null. Well maybe they don’t belong in the ‘EvE end game content’ just yet. Maybe they need to learn the ropes in NPC null, or Lo, or Wh, or even HS. That’s fine EvE should always be a journey, not a destination.

2. It’s harder to solo rat/mine… Null was supposed to be about players working together to build something, never about solo riches. Wh’s work mostly because people work together. That was what null was supposed to be. I have nothing for props for people who work together and build (and defend their empire - you’re playing EvE the right way), and I’m sure you’ll continue to be successful.

Look nobody who loves this game wants to see Tranquility become ‘Serenity2’. Nobody! If CCP decides to remove all our SP/Isk and ships to reset the server - I’d rather see that than a server shutdown (and I have characters with over 300 mil SP, so have years to lose). A friend once told me, ‘you never want too much isk, once you have too much, you’ll lose the desire to log in.’ It’s very true, another great EvE player once explained to me, ‘Rich isn’t a number, rich in EvE, means you can buy what you want, when you want it.’ All you people worrying about your 60 mil tics, maybe it’s time to spend that isk and enjoy EvE for the great game it is….

7 Likes

I think I’m beginning to like learning skills again! That will weed out the weak! :wink:

When we went through it, it was like watching a group of dudes going through the DT"s for a month. :rofl:

Most new players will never get to know that kinda comradery… They miss out on the true spirit of the game I guess?

5 Likes

Maybe they could give a slow rate 15 second auto-update of dscan. Would be a good compromise.

Bots can’t do ■■■■ with dscan effectively. Please write out a logic board on how to do so, and you’ll end
up with an AGI, please hand it out so we can end the RL world, if it doesn’t hand itself out.

Also… will you all please ffs give up on the cyno argument? That argument has been beaten to a pulp, buried, and shat on. If you’re getting caught by cynos more than once, you are just plain not playing null correctly.
Please listen to this song. It applies.

I’ve linked the song several times… for a reason. Fly dangerous, or fly carefully, your choice.
1 Like

Can I have your stuff?

Unfortunately a lot of them are spending that isk on subs or sp. The latter is the bigger one I’d imagine, if I’m reading markets correctly.
While I’ll not get into that whole spiel as what’s done is done, these new people cry about the skill thing, so they buy injectors to ‘catch up’, while not realizing that skill points don’t help you get, take, or win good fights.
Some ‘pilot’ skills in eve take years to gain, and you often gain them while drooling as the timer for that next ship or module skill ticks down, not when you inject into them.

2 Likes

Inside of 15 seconds I can get you with combat probes and you’ll never see those probes.
Any juggling of probe mechanics will likely be on the edge of the standard probing time where the minor percentages of probes, ship bonus, modules, and drugs, would really really matter.

As for dropping the cyno argument:

3 Likes

does anyone know if the blueberry overlords have any dam relation to harmony gold?..the same suck corp that has been fragging over battletech for years with their BS.

Hrm. Actually why are you even in here talking? You don’t even play in null. You’re just some lazy high sec ganker. Be low rate elsewhere, your opinion is about as useful as teets on a boar.

1 Like

Ganking? I’m just protecting defenseless rocks.

1 Like

Are crap, +3 accounts for me too. Now its OP. Sorry Enrietta…

Seriously, enough with all the salty “I’ma Unsub” posts, in one way or another everybody in New Eden will be affected by the Null Sec Local Blackout. Whether that’s a positive or negative affect depends entirely on the player.

5 Likes

So just what is this supposed to accomplish? I’ve just come back to the game after a long, enforced absence. Subbed up 2 accounts, got settled in with a new Corp. Now this monkey wrench hits the system. An explanation of the goal would go a long way towards easing the rampant butt-hurt. You folks in hi-sec gloating, won’t be funny when the trade from null-sec winds down. I know a lot of industrials who are logging off. I’ll be sticking around. At least for the duration of my 2 Omega subs. Past that will depend on circumstances.

“If” that’s true, then I’m sorry for you. But you should have gone alpha 1st…

1 Like

already unsubbed. would like a refund CCP. Cloaky camping will be out of control. good way to fix the game. lol JK

2 Likes

I have to say, Im always amazed by the shortsightedness of some people.
For everyone saying yaay, easier to hunt. What do you think you are going to be hunting? A lot of people wont be krabbing during the Blackout so its actually not more content for you but less.
Secondly, if this change becomes permanent it will ensure an ever bigger blue donut. More will join groups that have supercap umbrellas which means, yet again, less content.
So on the one hand you are complaining about a certain thing yet on the other hand saluting something that will only reinforce it? I mean come on.

Removing local is a meme and should be treated as such. There are real ways of adressing the issues, removing local is most def not on that list.

5 Likes

Had my Alphas for a week to ease back into game. But so restrictive. Just check me on zkillboard, that’ll show how long I’ve been gone.

From pretty much the beginning. 2000 was when they had a closed offering.

Partial ownership has been flowing around for a fair time, as shareholders buy and sell. It’s not something I’ve spent any real time looking at.

While yes, Hilmar had shares which have now been bought out (as PA bought everything) he was far from a majority shareholder.

The 2016 financials (I think that was the last time they were published)

1 Like

…. why the track Comes into my mind… The Day Is My Enemy…