Local Comms Blackout - Discussion Thread

I can guarantee I am more fuzzy at this point. I was just lucky enough to be able to keep my accts rolling. They took away the ability to WD the large alliances a long time ago. If I do nothing but say “BOO” in local if this sticks, (which it wont cuz CCP will cave) I will have done more damage than if I shot them.

1 Like

BOOOO !

ps.: i had some wine :wink:

Wow, I had no idea it started that early! Thanks for the info and I hope it took you away from the hell of riding herd on a bunch of… well, you get it. :laughing:

I kike wine too much, so I drink beer to slow me down… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I think that this is a great idea, and it should have been done from the very first day of Eve. It never made sense to me that Concord would have a presence in null sec areas. This just fixes a long term error.

3 Likes

So I don’t hate the change, but I can say that it’s a step back not forward. Null has never been Safe but plenty of good players manage to make a significant amount of isk out there. Cloaky campers have been a thing for a long time with no direct counter, now this? It’s essentially forcing wormhole space on null residents who if they wanted wormhole life they’d have done the wormhole thing. But hey permanent gate camps throughout null will now be a thing, good luck ever moving a small fleet anywhere.

1 Like

I agree with you. This is a great idea and I don’t know where all this fake outrage is coming from. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Be careful. Numbers and logic greatly offend the people who have been screaming in a tantrum to be handed “less safe nullsex for gud peeveepee”.

They will get what they wanted though if they think its hard to find fights now lmao

2 Likes

Wormholes have this magical lack of cynos which will make this absolute cancer unless counterbalanced.

Cloak campers KNOW where to camp thanks to free intel statistics, if those dont change pve will dwindle to nothing and the “carebears” that quit because it isnt ■■■■■■■ fun to play a game vs the devs instead of other people. Everyone will be so surprised when they dont find the “botting vnis” to kill anymore, they will cry harder than you’ve ever seen them cry…

Because when that happens, begging ccp to nerf their enemies wont be something that they can do any more.

3 Likes

here’s a funky idea, how about ccp makes pilots in ships with cynos attached appear in all local normally, and everyone else operates like wh space. Cloaky camper? we’ll know he’s somewhere because he has a regular cyno.

as i said …… i think its only for the this Event …… and part of the Story… look after some month we will get a IHUB upgrade or we get the local back after we aftermath the Invasion…

i play EVE sind 11 year…. so come down, Keep calm, drink a beer :wink:

ps.: Its a Game, if People worry more for game mechanice then RL Problems…… Need more beer….

5 Likes

■■■■ this game if they do it… im so done… with all the BS…

1 Like

In their heads, this will be a magical land where all the bots will become oblivious to them, handing them thousands of green zkill marks on silver platters. The bots and krabs will never stop, playing the same way forever and ever because “it isnt safe now hooray!!!” and the kills will flow because their roaming t3 cloak can hotdrop dank super kills without anyone ever stopping them.

They cannot even COMPREHEND that something so absurdly one sidedly powerful will lead to no more open pve, and botting will leave nullsec. People bot to save time and make the most/hour. If they lose a vni every 20 minutes (or myrm after nerf) because theres literally no way to win against a cloak ship in a pve fitting (unless the “hunters” beg ccp to nerf things in their favor EVEN MORE)… They wont keep doing it.

Why rorqual mine when it takes 40 hours to replace 5 excavators… and now the booshers can land before you even recall them, undetected because cloaking exists?

Why bot nullsec when hunters can open up the ingame map using their oh so l337 pvp “skills” to see where the most npcs are dying, GO THERE, and cycle through anoms waiting… Hell why even rat? Everyone knows rock havens for supers, forsaken hubs for subcaps. It’s free intel to know exactly where to go and find these.

Why do hunters not realize that these “carebears” and “bots” and “krabs” and whatever else the hell they think will be spoonfed to them because theyve been too mentally retarded to keep up with the rest of eve (check zkill, a LOT of krabs die daily for a reason)… Why do they not realize that these activities will stop?

The only ones who benefit from this are the giant alliances who have umbrellas, now giant alliances can move supers anywhere and hotdrop or counter hotdrop easily. This change “only” fucks over the smaller groups who havent afforded to move into supers yet, and ensures they never will because any time a hunter sees a “bot alert” (aka their free intel map ingame showing a new system with high npcs killed last 24 hours) every 3l337 peeveepeer will show their mad awesome skill by sending ganking alts or cloak scouts there forever.

This change wont bring balance. It wont bring “less safe null”… it will only bring stagnation of the bots moving into highsec (and the wh ones staying where they are)… and the krabs not bothering because who the living hell would mine when any frigate gang can kill you before you even know they are nearby? It won’t be profitable… but most importantly. It won’t be fun.

Hisec mining died because you had gankers who could insure ships to actually break even off killing miners “stopping botterzzzz”. Now that in nullsec it hasnt been easy because “THEY SAW ME COMING. THEY SHOULDNT SEE ME EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE 50,000 PEOPLE ONLINE IM ELITE MOM TELL THEM IM ELITE CCP NERF THIS ■■■■ NOW I NEED MY DANK KILLS”

It’s ■■■■■■■ retarded that ccp went “oh hur dur thats right. Those poor peeveepee’ers… they need their kills spoonfed, how hard it must have been!” And when someone would link the absurdly high amount of kills in nullsec, its ignored because it doesnt fit this ■■■■■■■ meme.

Take null local away. Sure, leave all the free hunting intel people use to know exactly where to go. You think a bot has patience? People used to cloak camp super logins for weeks. It will go back to that, but only for those without umbrellas. Only in systems their free intel from the eve map will tell them to go to.

And when they run out of “targets” you mark my words. The forums will be FLOODED with “hackers docked up when i came in cloaked for my 100th kill ccp delete docking” or some other ■■■■■■■■ that the pvp carebears will come up with thinking itll bring back the “pvp” theyre pushing away.

It isnt hard to put cause to effect with how this will go. It’s just that people don’t like to face reality.

4 Likes

No thx.

no markets wont fix themseleves. there wont be any market at all for T2. it wont be worth it… and all the major null sec coalitions… will move to low sec… so low sec will be completely ■■■■■■.

1 Like

Goons have finally started their social media campaign? You guys have got slow and lazy. This should have been up and running yesterday. Shame…

1 Like

Never hold up travellers……

if someone want to leave EVE because of chaning game machanics…. do it,… find your game…
like in RL… you dont like the Job ? get a new one ….

gn8

1 Like

Im appalled! When did the EvE mentality shift from “HTFU” to “Whine until tomorrow, Little bees” :frowning:

5 Likes

The moment pvpers decided getting nerfs was the only way they could “win” without even stopping to THINK what it would do to the game. Probably.

1 Like

If they are so easy to bait in the forums, how easy would it be to bait them in game without their umbrella?

And with that, I will see you all tomorrow after taking my own advice and stop feeding the trolls. (ya gotta admit, its fun at times :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )