Local Comms Blackout - Discussion Thread

Not really. In order to assault those empires, you’d need to do a lot more excessive and pointless entosis work. Which nobody’ll do.

It didn’t bother us back then, why would it bother us now? We can afford it better now!

Actually, just means mining will be more isk, or build thy own ship, or buy plex to sell for isk to buy materials.

Should balance things nicely for all except make bots less relevant, also ships costing more means isk spread out to the small Indy Corps who could never hope to compete with the null bot machines.

If WH’ers survive no local why can’t null, just means that more treachery will be had as other corporations work to bring down a neighbour they don’t like when they allow a fleet to jump their neighbors and then whistle and look the other way instead of being obligated to help, isn’t that what eve is about?

2 Likes

no nothing to prevent
I’ve been playing it for a long time and I’ve tried everything.
hisec unplayable
lowsec bad play
wh unplayable
null sec killing
and we will fly prazdyna systemama so it will cry

D-SCAN D-SCAND-SCAND-SCAND-SCAND-SCAND-SCAND-SCAND-SCAND-SCAND-SCAND-SCAN

LACHESIS - ROOK - CURSE - HUGINN - LACHESIS - ROOK - CURSE - HUGINN

Combat Probes ?

1 Like

I had to do it when I went into WH’s in the “old days” because it was that dangerous. Didn’t bother me to work for my reward. Now days, most are to lazy to bother…

2 Likes

Well we had it as a standard part of gameplay back then. We lived with it and know what to expect.

But players that had no experience of that possible lose of skills and skill levels because they forgot or didn’t bother to update their memory backup or insurance, would have the sudden realization, EVE isn’t like BF or CS style PVP games, it requires skill and the ability to think of self-perservation.

Too many players bring they Battlefield or Counterstrike PVP mentality into EVE combat, they don’t care if they get pod’d as there’s no penalty for doing so.

5 Likes

Funny, we came as a group from BF 42! :smile:

1 Like

CS BETA 0.3 :wink: UT 99 and QUAKE 3 Vet…

1 Like

Hate to say it i think i enjoyed BF42 more than the rest of the series, BF1 got close to it.

Good old Games… i can rember the Days of the Good old LANs…

2 Likes

The amount of whine in this thread is amazing. Give it a chance, the only people that should auto un-subscribe over this are people that are running bots and those with more accounts then they can actually play (looking at your rorq miners). The former can **** off and not come back, the latter need realize that null was meant to be dangerous and that they can carebear their 50 rorqs in high sec for all I care.

Are there chances of unintended consequences? Of course, so it is good this first round is temporary to see what happens. Sure things will get more expensive, I have no issue with that. I love me some T1 cruisers anyway.

5 Likes

Brigade Plan A: CCP don’t do this.
Brigade Plan B: OMG CCP having to D-Scan constantly is giving us repetitive stress injuries and PTSD please automate it.

• Solution ends up right into next bot script.

Now, if only these blackouts causes cynos to fail too. Imagine this new change plus the old feature of nullsec having to use convoys.

6 Likes

T1 cruiser roams! :yum:

4 Likes

I didn’t know you did impressions.

I’m not saying the tactics in BF, CS, or other style games don’t have a place in EVE.

But i personally find the newer players of those games don’t have tactics like we do, they tend to rush in guns a blaze, and don’t care if they die for nothing.

Maybe its me, after playing more involved tactical games like ARMA, where there’s a penalty for dying for no reason. I happy to die to protect a high value fleet ship if I’m in a lower value and less require fit.
But running in without scoping the battlefield out is just dumb to me, sadly i know of many players that openly say that’s their tactics “rush the target”, no thought of webbing and nulling a target.

Not sure if its because they’ve never been given guildance or just how they play.

2 Likes

Plenty of people do all the time.

But it isn’t even about “taking” their space. A space that’s hard to defend can provide plenty of content to everyone, both the defenders and hostiles can benefit off it.

And that’s why I have so many scouts.

1 Like

Sounds like you make a good FC.

1 Like