Local Comms Blackout - Discussion Thread

As someone that only dabbles in Null for the occasional roam, the thought that I can now randomly wander into null solo and not be able to to be local hunted is pretty exhilarating. Will I prob die to a gate camp or a hunter? of course, but at least there is a chance to hide now.

3 Likes

Character search and corp/alliance tags on the overview. Just imagine that you have only the ship there and not the slightest clue who the heck you are fighting.

lol you do have to have some baseline identification information or the game becomes
rather unplayable.

Well, so far all we have is the usual ā€˜elite pvpersā€™ killing newbro VNIā€™s.

As predicted.

I get that bots are bad, but I am confident in saying that this Black-out Strategy will fail.

4 Likes

Yes and I guess itā€™s you who decides who has a ā€œright to be whereā€ huh? No its douche bag knuckle draggers like yourself that are turning Eve into nothing more than ā€œherp derp Call ah Dooty bruhā€

I enjoy PvP combat as much as anyone who truly loves Eve, but Iā€™m not so narrow minded to not realize that those giant capital fleets that you see on the news (like the main draw for people to try Eve) take A LOT OF RESOURCES to produce.

2 Likes

Well, you asked for free intel and itā€™s still thereā€¦and free.

Dotlan

I donā€™t like this change at all. Whatā€™s the point of living in null if itā€™s going to be like living in WH space but without the benefits of WH space? This is going to really hurt the majority of people that live in null and their play styles while benefiting those who like to hunt while hidden from local. It will either change the play style of many players in null or people will just go to other games because high sec sucks balls.

4 Likes

Dotlan is still showing info correct. It just lists numbers though, so no specific information.

2 Likes

Already wasted one hour of my life on this new way of null. No thanks, not for me. Iā€™d rather stop playing that play in a wormhole or in high sec. If you arent a hardcore gamer and only want to casually play, eve isnt for you anymore.

3 Likes

Well, its your game. I havenā€™t really been very happy since you gave Providence away in such a cavalier and one sided fashion. Its been downhill from there.

Oh well, good luck. I may be unhappy but Iā€™m seriousā€”good luck and thanx for the long run of play.

I think youā€™re looking for Highsec

1 Like

You also need to take into account all the people who arenā€™t signing in sense the ā€œdrifter/blackout world eventā€ deklin and branch had a pretty good population before all this. With the time I signed in was usually between 35-40k players online, yesterday and the day prior 19-26kā€¦

Those things HAD to be changed null was only about getting incredibly rich without any sort of risk.

It simply got out of hand with the all blue blob.

And as you can seeā€¦if the changes are not enough or are nodded away by the blobs ccp can always higher the pressureā€¦

We are far from beeing over boysā€¦cpp will make it worse for you,get used to itā€¦

1 Like

Cry more carebear. Good job you unsubbed your accounts, one less clown to worry about. Donā€™t come back o7

1 Like

Itā€™s like it always wasā€¦

CCP changes something and armageddon is to be talked.

Some ragequit,some threaten to ragequit,man whine the salty tears and when the dust has settled those that remain go back to buisnessā€¦

Nothing unusal 'til nowā€¦

1 Like

Yeah? What if the next change is ā€œDue to server load, during TiDi, ships in system will now be chosen at random to initiate an instant self-destruct to order to maintain integrity of the cluster and enjoyment of the game for the greater Eve populationā€.

Tell us how to adapt to that one?

1 Like

The world would keep turningā€¦

ā€œ The dark is generous.
Its first gift is concealment: our true faces lie in the dark beneath our skins, our true hearts remain shadowed deeper still. But the greatest concealment lies not in protecting our secret truths, but in hiding from the truths of others.
The dark protects us from what we dare not know.

2 Likes

This is a ā– ā– ā– ā–  change that only hurts small groups that respond to most agressors with subcaps.

1 Like