Loki autocannons 220 v 425

Hi all,

Trying to learn the science of PVP of this most facinating game.

I am really into Loki, mostly because of my skills in projectiles / shields and matar ship.

I just wanted to ask your opinion on the weapons, i.e. 220 v 425 and cannons v artilleries in general. Would really appreciate some advice / explanations.

And whilst we’re at the topic of Loki, would really apreciate to hear your opinion / experience of different setups.

I’m not at home at the moment, but once I get home, I’ll post my setup for your constructive criticism :slight_smile:

Many thanks in advance!

1 Like

Generally speaking, 220mm performs better that 425 due the better tracking, and 425s are more difficult to fit also, so most fit wears 220 instead of 425. Except if you want to play outside of the 10km range, with fallof bonused ships like the vagabond, then 425 are slighty better due better fallof, dps and alpha.

About artys, best alpha dealer of the game, worst tracking also, very good in groups big enought to be able to kill the targets in a few shots. Also used in some kiting ships like the hurricane fleet issue ( alpha monster ), tornados or the scram kiting firetail, perfect to blap your opponent of a few shots.

Artys are good also against active tank setups or loggis, if your alpha can penetrate his active reparation rate, so the alpha eats the tank and the lower layer of defense.

About the loki, nowdays everyone fit it with HAMs, and active tank setups, which are expensive fits TBH.

Anyway the loki is a expensive ship to learn pvp, which is a complex and exciting part of the game. I’d try with cheaper ships except in Wh space whereas cloaky ships are a must.

Arties and Missiles seem way more popular than Autocannons on the Loki these days. That’s not to say autos are no good. They’re fine. It’s just that the Loki is one of the rare cases where Arties/Hams are especially good because of the bonused webs.

Bjorn did an awesome arty kiting fit recently with SPICY alpha, check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPU8If-XryI

The missile fits make the ship look a lot cooler imo. Not sure if that matters to you but to some people it does.

If you like rapid lights there’s this Headhunter Jax cloaky fit, good for killing 100mn VNIs:

Summary

[Loki, *Headhunter JAX’s Loki]

Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Dread Guristas Ballistic Control System
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

Corelum B-Type 50MN Microwarpdrive
Dark Blood Warp Disruptor
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Shadow Serpentis Stasis Webifier
X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400

Corpii A-Type Small Energy Neutralizer
Corpii A-Type Small Energy Neutralizer
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Fury Light Missile

Medium Hydraulic Bay Thrusters II
Medium Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Medium Polycarbon Engine Housing II

Loki Core - Immobility Drivers
Loki Defensive - Covert Reconfiguration
Loki Offensive - Launcher Efficiency Configuration
Loki Propulsion - Intercalated Nanofibers

Acolyte II x5

Inferno Fury Light Missile x200
Navy Cap Booster 400 x9

And lastly active tank HAM fits are popular now as the other guy mentioned. There’s no definitive fit. You can go cap stable with cap batteries or use a cap booster setup. You can use medium, large or XL shield boosters. Ancillary or regular. Anything goes.

I like to use a cloaky cap stable dual medium shield booster setup, with HAMS but I wouldn’t recommend it because its stupidly expensive. Although I would recommend the ■■■■ out of HAMS in general. I personally prefer an afterburner or dual prop over MWD. The afterburner has just saved my ass so many times. Afterburner+ web(s)=escapability.

The nice thing about t3s is you can fit a combat probe launcher and cloak with very little drawback. Your ship will still be ridiculously strong, albeit probably expensive.

The one thing everyone pretty much agrees on is the immobility drivers. Gotta have em. It can’t be overstated how good this subsystem is. They’re what make the Artillary and HAM setups work as well as they do. Go ahead and splash some ISK on the web(s). Enchant your web for silly range.

Of course, as the other guy mentioned. This is NOT a good ship to learn on. It’s expensive and you lose SP when you die in one. I’d suggest picking a weapon system you’re attracted to, then learning on other ships with that same weapon system.

Autos - Stabber, Rupture, Hurricane, HFI

Arties - Firetail, HFI, Tornado, Sleipnir

Rapid Lights - Caracal, Cerb

HAMs - Cyclone, drake

Probably a few dozen more I can’t think of right now. None of these quite give you the experience of flying a Loki but the experiences you gain could still be helpful.

The other way to learn is to go out hunting in a budget Loki and be super risk averse and take fights you know you can win, while slowly getting more and more daring. The Loki, and T3Cs in general give you quite a wide margin of error but none of that matters in the face of a blob. If you can manage to avoid blobs you’ll be able to enjoy being an apex predator, and you can pick on all kinds of stuff, even some small gangs.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

1 Like

Many thanks for taking time to explain. Very grateful for the info!

Many people metioned Cane as a good solid platform to start hunting solo.

I’ll try to post some of my ideas for both Cane and budget Loki…

The reason why I thought of Loki as a start - I did a few eploration runs deep on 0.0 and felt invulnerable…

Autocanons are probably the worst thing you fit to a Loki. If solo go HAMs if in small fleet HAMs or HM in mid to large fleets HM or 720mm

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.