Looking for a 'conservative or right wing' corp

Agree with the others, find a corp that puts a stop in the game to the hot topics like that. As the old saying goes, two things you don’t discuss to remain civil (or friends) is politics and religion. My personal believe probably mirror yours, but I’m not here to listen or argue with people in discord, fleet or alliance/corp chat about that. Most people doing that have already drawn their line in the sand and are just looking for a fight.

I’m here to enjoy playing EVE, making ISK, blowing up ships, etc. I was in a prior corp on my main in a large alliance that was pretty toxic, sexist, immature, even made very sexual comments when my RL wife was in comms. We left, found another home in the same alliance, and are much happier - and that was the first question I asked. How are your comms about those types of things ? Perhaps that should be yours ? If you don’t want to hear or see that type of nonsense, just see if they have a rule about avoiding discussing “hotbutton topics”. It is usually a good thing as some people just don’t have any common sense and know when to stop. Then you can have a peaceful place where they talk about their day, shooting ships, fleets, mining, etc… and leave their political and religious opinions at the door.

And on the topic of Goons, I will say they honestly don’t tolerate that crap either. They might call you all kinds of things and rip you a new one if you do something dumb in game, but you start talking politics/religion/anti-pickyourwhatever, they will shut that down fast. Many others are the same way. They have their own groups internally as well for different flavors of things. I know at one time there was a pro-gun sig and there’s usually some gay, furry and other sigs out there. In those, you are free to cut lose among your own kind.

Other than that, if you want an all conservative/pro Trump group, I’d just stick to the donald on reddit. Eve’s not the best place to find what you are looking for.

Firstly I would like to say I am NOT going to make another new character or account, I like this one and going to keep playing on this account and character, no matter what other people say. @Vekitsu

secondly, I have found an alliance and corp. that respects my views and beliefs and other people’s views as well, they aren’t one sided compared to the previous corporation I was in. in fact, they encourage political talk both related to the game and in real life. hint = (it’s not goonswarm).

thirdly, (I repeat myself) those who silence others by saying don’t discuss your ‘X’ views and also say to that person not be political, are they themselves being political, whether they know it or not, by telling that person (in this example me) to be silent and not express my views, while on the other hand they talk about their views as freely as they like. those people know who they are and I’m not going to tag their names here.

1 Like

I have a communist ideology and was a member of a majority conservative/alt-right-lite corporation for a while. While this caused no overt conflict and our political discussions were intellectually engaging with mutual respect, I found I couldn’t effectively gel (in game) due to the basic differences in our philosophy. Specifically individualism vs collectivist.

So I think you made the right decision to find a group with the same basic philosophical disposition.

Historically Eve does have a larger left wing community than most mmo’s probably because of the basic long term societal structure not found in other mmo’s which favor individualistic short-term merit. But there’s plenty of room for all.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.