Luminaire Snowball Fight IX (18-DEC-22, 2100 EVE Time)

Hello, New Eden! Guess what time it is? It’s time to rock and roll!

In the spirit of the holidays, for the sake of Live Events, and you, the people, and New Eden, it is time for our ninth annual snowball fight!

The last snowball fight and the eight that have come before have eclipsed all of my hopes and dreams, and hopefully yours as well! Once again, we come to Luminaire for madness of snowballs!

See our topic on the snowball fight from last year to see just how far we have come!

Bring Festival Launchers, snowballs, and fireworks for some fun, games, and pelting the crap out of each other in Luminaire! If you need a Festival Launcher or fireworks, we have enough in store for everyone! Just ask me and I’ll give you one and a few snowballs and fireworks!

Anyone who needs snowballs, fireworks, or a Festival Launcher will receive one for free! If anything, you will probably receive a Festival Launcher and snowballs for free via login rewards prior to the event anyway!

If you wish to communicate directly with me, you’ll find me in the “Content: Events” and “Live Events” chat channels!

Snowball Fight Details:
Luminaire VII (Caldari Prime) - Moon 6 - Federation Navy Assembly Plant
18-DEC-2022
2100 EVE Time
That’s 4pm USA EST!
Note: The Party will be at the Federation Navy Assembly Plant, NOT the Battle of Caldari Prime Citadel!

Note: In the event of a power failure due to a winter storm, the raincheck date will be 8-JAN-2023.

We got coverage in the Community Beat, posted on December 16!

**We have established a Discord specifically for the snowball fight! Thanks to @MaksiWWGaming_Tadic for setting it up!
Discord Link

I have notified CCP Convict and will work with him to make sure everything is done properly and accordingly following the creation of this topic.

I will enlist the assistance of my CEO to put in a Fleet Fight Notification request form into the records on my behalf.

DJ Daggaroth of New Eden Radio has confirmed support for the event!
https://www.newedenradio.com/

EVE Radio has confirmed their support for the event!

Talking In Stations and many groups have been notified!

Livestream coverage is encouraged! Thank you for offering your streams!
Athinard en Distel - Twitch

Lightshows will be held (similar to the manner in which EVE Radio does on occasion)
-prizes will be devised based on discussions about this event: prizes will include PLEX, ships, weapons, and other comical gifts
-to participate, bring devices that produce light and visual effects: lasers, remote-repairs, cap transfers, target spectrum breakers, drones, fireworks, etc.
-only individual pilots can be rewarded a “numbered” or “positional” prize (i.e, 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place, for example)! You can partner up with someone if you like, but prize packages can only be awarded to individual pilots!
-Note: based on popular demand and performances, there will also be prizes for Outstanding Group Display! These will be awarded once per lightshow to the best-looking organized group of capsuleers, while the same rules for lightshow performance also apply to these groups (i.e., getting CONCORD-killed will result in disqualification).
-Note: all prizes will be contracted to winners AFTER the event has concluded!

“Secret Santa” Gift Exchanges
-bring a gift to get a gift!
-items worth around or under $250 million ISK are encouraged, to be contracted to Commander A9 at Luminaire VII Federal Administration Information Center during the event to make the exchange with other participants: everyone who gives a gift gets a gift. This ISK level is just an encouragement rather than a minimum requirement - gifts of less than $250M will be accepted (provided they’re not an item which is not permissible!)
-please mark the contract with “Secret Santa” to differentiate it from prizes and any donations, or else your gift might be accidentally given away as a prize!
-in outstanding circumstances, you can relay your gift earlier than the event, as long as it’s as close to Luminaire as possible
-please set contracts for the maximum amount of time so nothing expires
-contracts may not be accepted during or even immediately after the event, but they WILL be accepted–we cannot delay orchestrating and running the event with administrative tasks such as contracts and paperwork
-no alts please: If multiple characters tied to one player/user/person behind the keyboard are discovered, all gifts contributed by those alts will be combined into a single contribution and appropriate exchanges made - Please do not “game the system;” that’s not fair to everyone else.
-any “crate” items will be opened, and the items which are produced will be given as part of the gift
-the following items are not permissible for the Secret Santa Exchange, as they cannot be contracted or have little to no value appropriate for an exchange: contraband, items deemed illegal by the laws of the empires, any “expired” items such as boosters, accelerators, or crates, “Civilian” items, or items with a total value of less than $1,000 ISK such as literal “Garbage” items.
-Note: Secret Santa gifts will be exchanged AFTER the event has concluded, so we’re not wasting time trying to hand out the gifts in mid-event!
Be Advised: Someone attempted to impersonate me in 2020 around this time and was dealt with. Make sure you double-check your contracts to ensure they are going to the right person!

Festival Launchers and Snowballs/Fireworks will be donated to any pilot who does not have one or runs out so the fun can continue!

The Battle for Caldari Prime Memorial Astrahus Citadel is online! We have enough fuel blocks to keep the power going until January 2023, and we’re going to need more fuel very soon. We are always investing in the future, so any spare fuel blocks, components, and Upwell assets can be contributed to help keep the facility powered and supplied.

Any donations go towards obtaining equipment and prizes! Try to get your contribution as close to Luminaire as possible please.

Thank you to those who have donated!:
Jaantrag - 16,000 Nitrogen Fuel Block, 1,000,000 Yoiul Festival Snowballs, 165,313 assorted fireworks, 225 Festival/Display Launchers 10 sets each of Men’s and Women’s Yoiul Stormchasers apparel (suits, t-shirts, caps, pants)
PHX1340 - $0.10
Anataine Deva - $18,034,000,000, Zydrine Burn
Melissa Kjeller - coordination of Orca and free Festival Launcher-equipped Ventures for distribution
Winger Aerospace - calendar event and public announcement pinned to Discord
Spectre Fleet - raising awareness of the event
Naava Edios - $2,000,000,000
MaksiWWGaming Tadic - setting up Discord server, 10,000 Helium Fuel Blocks, 30 rigged Coraxes each with 7 Festival Launchers, 29,001 assorted fireworks, 1,000 Yoiul Festival Snowballs
Pierian Shawcross - 40,000 Helium Fuel Blocks, 13,100 Hydrogen Fuel Blocks
Frofr - $20,000,000, Vigilant Blueprint Copy
SergalJerk Discord - promoting event in Discord via NPSI fleet ping
keacte - promoting the event on NPSI fleet community gateway calendar: https://www.ebwf-eve.online/npsicalendar
Ezabella - 500 PLEX
Maleena Aivoras - $100,000,000.00, 10,000 Yoiul Festival Snowballs
MonkeyChuff Auduin - Stratios Friendship League SKIN
FaVour Eternity - 20 Dark Blood Standup Heavy Energy Neutralizer Blueprint Copies
Athinard en Distel - livestream coverage: Twitch
Uriel The Flame and Gremmerz - Twitter promotion: https://twitter.com/TheGremmerz/status/1600771960988119040
Aurora Alliance - adding the event to their Discord calendar
Darlen Noeskh - $150,000,000
Geo Eclipse Oksaras - $250,000,000
Coalition Of Independent Miners - pinning event announcement in Discord
CCP and CCP Convict - 1,000 PLEX, Cruor, Garmur, Succubus Luminae Polaris SKINs, and coverage in the December 16, 2022 Community Beat
ISD Forgefire - promoting the event to fellow ISDs
Maerwen on behalf of the Taezali Corporation - 1,500 PLEX
Industrial Quest - 12 Festival Launchers, 450 Yoiul Festival Snowballs
Davina Sienar - 25 Festival Launchers, 1,337 Yoiul Festival Snowballs, 3,330 assorted fireworks, Phantasm Glacial Drift SKIN, Prophecy Warp Convergence SKIN, Stabber Fleet Issue Warp Convergence SKIN, Succubus Luminae Polaris SKIN, Men’s and Women’s Yoiul Stormchasers Suits and Caps
Louis Anton - 8x Orca Blueprint Copies
ergafar – $300,000,000
Johnny Oxford Virpio - 30,000 Hydrogen Fuel Blocks
EaglePoint Dragon - $30,000,000
Roku ‘Kismet’ Soturi - $1,000,000
Mikill Bjorn - 4 Festival Launchers, 511 Yoiul Festival Snowballs
Kranyoldlady - $500,000,000

Current Secret Santa Participants: 26
Total ISK Donations: $21,8385,000,000.10
Total Prize Value: $26,300,403,202.2
Total PLEX Donations: 3,000
Total Omega Donations: N/A
Peak Local Population: 105 pilots as of 2144
CCP Attendance: 3 developers
ISD Attendance: 6 pilots

Event Schedule
2100: Event Starts at Luminaire VII - Federation Navy Station
2200: First Lightshow
2230: Second Lightshow
2300: Third Lightshow
0000: Secret Santa window closes
All Evening: Secret Santa Gift Exchanges and music-playing

Note: I, the Fleet Coordination Commission, and/or Live Events as individuals or group entities will assume no liability for any ship destroyed in the course of traveling to/from or participating in activities during the festivities.

12 Likes

I would like to personally thank @Anataine_Deva for the very generous gift of $18,000,000,000 ISK (and a bottle of Zydrine Burn)!

With Anataine’s permission, I would like to share the note she wrote for me:

"My dearest Commander. It came to my attention, that you once more, want to turn the home system of my beloved Federation into a battlefield!

I can’t let you do that! Not without my support! Not being sober! - Therefore take this Burn, it’s like a thousand fireworks in the sky.

See ya at the party and never forget, the best firework is me!

rawr"

-Anataine Deva

It is the people who keep this event going and make it the amazing success that it is!

Thank you very much and I hope I see everyone there!

8 Likes

We have established a Discord specifically for the snowball fight! Thanks to @MaksiWWGaming_Tadic for setting it up!

Discord Link

2 Likes

Nice one!

I have advertised on the NPSI calendar too!

https://www.ebwf-eve.online/npsicalendar

4 Likes

Wow! I didn’t even know that was a thing!

I’ll credit you. Thank you!

3 Likes

This has always been hands down the coolest and most awesome annual event ever created by Eve players. I live now in Luminaire in part because of this event. I encourage everyone to get launchers, snowballs and fireworks - and head to Luminiaire on the 18th.

If you can’t make it, I will be live streaming this event at:

3 Likes

Agreed.

https://twitter.com/TheGremmerz/status/1600771960988119040

3 Likes

Wow! I am really flattered at the promotion and positive comments we’ve gotten over this!

Keep spreading the good word and let’s make this event an absolute smash!

2 Likes

Great stuff @Commander_A9. Looking forward to the event!

2 Likes

Hello, capsuleers!

I would like to extend my gratitude personally to CCP for their contribution of 1,000 PLEX and 3 SKINs of the new Luminae Polaris series!

I would also like to thank our gracious DJs in New Eden Radio and EVE Radio for coming aboard!

I’d like to thank everyone thus far for helping to contribute and spread word of this event! This event is a continued success because of the efforts, appreciation, and enthusiasm of the people!

2 Likes

Reminder folks, less than 24 hours to go

be there or be un-pelted by snowballs

m

3 Likes

LIVE: “Flying Internet Spaceships” with Commander X

Live Coverage Of “Luminaire Snowball Fight IX”!

Giveaways every half hour! Millions of ISK, Skins, festival launchers, fireworks - and yes SNOWBALLS!

#EveOnline

http://twitch.tv/CommanderXanon

3 Likes

Great time !!!

4 Likes

Thank you everyone for participating in the Luminaire Snowball Fight IX!

Thank you to New Eden Radio and EVE Radio for playing music for us!

Thank you to the ISDs and CCP for helping to set everything up, spread word, and attend!

Thank you to all of the livestreamers who streamed this event!

Thank you Anataine Deva for contributing significant funding and capital to the event!

Thank you to Mike Azariah for bringing the Magic Schoolbus to the party!

Thank you Melissa Kjeller for helping to hand our fully-assembled Ventures for those in need!

I am honored to announce the winners on our lightshows!

Total Prize Value: $26,300,403,202.2
Attendance: 105 pilots as of 2144
CCP Developers: 3
ISD Correspondents: 6

Prize List:

-all prizes included 1,000 units of Quafe
-all ships are fully fitted and include the skillbooks required to fly them and/or use specific weapons and modules

Lightshow 1:

Roke Breau – Golden Ticket 1: 500 PLEX
Vabi Sure Shardani – Golden Ticket 2: 500 PLEX
John Endlend – Keep Firing Assholes!: Kronos in honor of the Ditanian Fleet Incursions
Alstevar Eastern – Competition Is Fierce: Paladin in honor of the Alliance Tournament
Sinbad Le Marin – Totality Pochvan!: Leshak
Monica Miner – Do Your Filaments Still Work?: Gila prepared for Abyssals
Khaprice – ¡Bienvenidos al juego, nuevos pilotos cápsula! [Welcome to the game, new capsule pilots!]: Gnosis in honor of deployment of Spanish client, Men’s ‘Outlaw’ Jacket (Blood Raiders extra red), Women’s ‘Outlaw’ Coat (Blood Raiders extra red), Men’s Cap (Guristas), Women’s Cap (Guristas)
Isaak Altland – Get Your Tardus Ready!: Stabber with Interstellar Convergence fit and associated SKIN

Group Prize: SneakyZapper Group: - 6x Men’s ‘Outlaw’ Boots (Blood Raiders), 6x Women’s ‘Outlaw’ Boots (Guristas), 10x Men’s ‘Serpentis’ T-shirt (olive/black), 10x Women’s ‘Serpentis’ T-shirt (olive/black), Orca Blueprint, Dark Blood Standup Heavy Energy Neutralizer Blueprint Copy, 10,000 x Quafe
Manuel Solis Solis
Charlie One Solis
Charlie Two Solis
Charlie Three Solis
Charlie Four Solis
Charlie Five Solis
Charlie Six Solis

Lightshow 2:

Alstevar Eastern – Golden Ticket 1: 500 PLEX
John Endlend – Golden Ticket 2: 500 PLEX
Dragonlady 13 – I Said Keep Firing Assholes!: Vargur in honor of Warp To Me Incursions
Sinbad Le Marin – Realign This!: Orca, Coherent Asteroid Mining Crystal Type A II Blueprint, Simple Asteroid Mining Crystal Type A II Blueprint
Pavlov Vulpin – It’s Like The Real Thing!: Machariel in honor of Integral Reality Labs 3D-Printed Ships
Monica Miner – You Maniacs! You Blew It Up!: Scorpion Navy Issue in honor of GM Week Whack-A-Bot
MaksiWWGaming Tadic – Blowing Up The Sun In Turnur: Ashimmu, Men’s ‘Outlaw’ Jacket (Blood Raiders extra red), Women’s ‘Gunner’ Jacket (Blood Raiders black), 5x Purgative Coffin, 2x Vintage Wine?, 9x Colonize! Board Game
XD8859 – The Empires At War: Brutix Navy Issue in honor of Faction Warfare

Group Prize: FaVour Group: - 10x Men’s Yoiul Stormchasers Pants, 10x Men’s Yoiul Stormchasers Cap, 10x Women’s Yoiul Stormchasers Cap, 10x Men’s Yoiul Stormchasers Suit, 10x Men’s Yoiul Stormchasers T-Shirt, 10x Women’s Yoiul Stormchasers T-Shirt, Orca Blueprint Copy, 10,000x Quafe
FaVour Destiny
FaVour Eternity
FaVour Exile
FaVour Prophecy
Nicole Bradford
Rebecca Hudson
Olivia Gallagher
Elizabeth Herres

Lightshow 3:

Nor Thiffli – Golden Ticket 1: 500 PLEX
ergafar – Golden Ticket 2: 500 PLEX
Sinbad Le Marin – Sláva Ukrayíni! [“Glory to Ukraine”]: Nestor honoring PLEX For Good for Ukraine drive, Men’s Frostline Exploration Suit, Women’s Frostline Exploration Suit
Bruno Kreisky – Rock And Stone And Blasting Moons: Athanor with Standup Moon Drill I, Orca Blueprint Copy, Dark Blood Standup Heavy Energy Neutralizer Blueprint Copy, 9x Spiced Wine, 1 VIPs
John Endlend – Don’t Break It This Time!: Maelstrom in honor of Clear Skies 3, Vigilant Blueprint Copy, 5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive, 4x Kaalakiota Peaks Vodka
Demolitica – Boxing Gloves: Proteus in honor of the Proving Ground
Maleena Aivoras – Hearth And Home For The Holidays: Crane with planetary goods in honor of Morwen Lagaan’s Hearth and Home Luminaire VII relief drive, (100 Antibiotics, 2,000 Electrolytes, 3,000 Oxygen, 3,000 Water, 500 Coolant, 1,000 Test Cultures), Orca Blueprint Copy
Vabi Sure Shardani – Christmas Asshole Package: Wolf Assault Frigate, Zydrine Burn, Exotic Dancers (Male and Female), X-Rated Holoreel, Bouquet of Flowers, Decayed Deathglow, Diamond Ring, St. Tetrimon’s Finger, 2x Vherokior Medicinal Herbs, 4x Caldari Light Marines, 5x Synthetic Oil, 6x Deathglow Residue, 9x Tobacco, 10x Vitoc, 12 Spirits, 20 Small Arms, 9x Dice of Jade, Prostitute valued at $14,000,0 (I kept the one valued at $15,000,000!)
Manuel Solis Solis - All Due Honors: Abaddon Blood Raiders SKIN, Dark Blood Standup Heavy Energy Neutralizer Blueprint Copy, Exequror Hunter’s Quiver SKIN, Hyperion Hunter’s Quiver SKIN, Inquisitor Hunter’s Quiver SKIN, Maller Hunter’s Quiver SKIN, Stratios Friendship League SKIN, Thrasher Luminaire Zenith SKIN

All of the “main” prizes for the lightshows have been contracted! I will relay the group prizes to group representatives as space becomes available.

All existing Secret Santa contracts have been accepted and I am currently processing those.

I ask for your patience as people accept their prizes and gifts to make room for other contracts.

Thanks so much, and Merry Christmas!

4 Likes

Video of the festival with killed quality thanks to YT compression

5 Likes

Thank you everyone for your kind words, was super happy to attend and stream yet another incredible Luninaire Xmas celebration! For all of you, from me and mine - a very Merry Christmas.

Here is 3+ hours of very clean footage from the light shows and festivities this year. Enjoy.

See you all next year!

“Flying Internet Spaceships” with Commander X - SPECIAL BROADCAST

Live Coverage Of Luminaire Snowball Fight IX!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWeGqvlqnPg

5 Likes

This was a lame edition. Probably the lamest of them all. Did you even have enough people to give your prizes to? I never saw local pass 100 people. EVE is truly dying.

Plenty! Thanks for coming and helping to push our numbers up to 105 pilots!

I hope we see you next year, especially in the lightshows!

We’ll also be holding an event in March 2023 to commemorate the ten-year anniversary of the Battle of Caldari Prime.

4 Likes

Thank you for hosting this once again.

It has become a favorite tradition and ritual to attend and partake in the light shows.
Thanks to all that helped make it happen as well.

Happy holidays!

4 Likes

You’re welcome!

It’s always a pleasure to host this!

Meanwhile, all of the lightshow prizes have been awarded!

I’m now processing the Secret Santa gifts! I’ll be contracting those when I get the list sorted out.

Please be sure to accept your Secret Santa contracts as soon as possible to make room for others.

Thank you for your patience!

2 Likes