Luminaire Snowball Fight VIII (19-DEC-21, 2100 EVE Time)

Hello, New Eden! It’s November…which means we know what happens next month!

In the spirit of the holidays, for the sake of Live Events, and you, it is time for our eighth annual snowball fight!

The latest snowball fight last year and those which have come before have blown the doors off everything! Once more, we bring to Luminaire a storm of snowballs, lasers, and insanity!

See our topic on our last snowball fight to gauge our efforts over the years!

Bring your Festival Launchers, snowballs, and fireworks for some fun, games, and insanity in Luminaire! If you need a Festival Launcher or fireworks, we have plenty on-hand! Just ask me and I’ll give you some!

Snowball Fight Details:
Luminaire VIII (Caldari Prime) - Moon 6 - Federation Navy Assembly Plant
19-DEC-2021
2100 EVE Time
That’s 4pm USA EST!
Note: The Party will be at the Federation Navy Assembly Plant, NOT the Battle of Caldari Prime Citadel!

Note: In the event of a power failure due to a winter storm, the raincheck date will be 26-DEC, the Sunday afterward.

I have notified CCP Convict and will be working with him to make sure everything is done properly and accordingly.
-Thank you CCP for highlighting the event in the December 3 Community Beat!

-per disclosure authorized by CCP Convict, CCP Convict confirms that the Pulse episode on December 17 will cover the Luminaire Snowball Fight VIII!

-CCP Convict also confirms that CCP will be doing a livestream on CCP’s Twitch Channel!

-as of December 12, CCP Convict confirms that CCP will be awarding 1-month Omega subscriptions as prizes! to 5 pilots!

Since I’m not a CEO, I’m having our Live Events marshal, Super General, put in a Fleet Fight Notification request form into the records on my behalf as of December 8, 2021.

DJ Daggaroth of New Eden Radio has confirmed her support!

Livestream coverage is encouraged!
-ISD Deloro: Twitch
-1NightDemon1: Twitch
-Contempo Enterprises: Twitch

Talking In Stations invited me onto their show on November 28 and December 13, and I am humbled by the invitations!
https://www.talkinginstations.com/

Lightshows will be held (similar to the manner in which EVE Radio does on occasion)
-prizes will be devised based on discussions about this event: prizes will include PLEX, ships, weapons, and other comical gifts
-to participate, bring devices that produce light and visual effects: lasers, remote-repairs, cap transfers, target spectrum breakers, drones, fireworks, etc.
-only individual pilots can be rewarded a “numbered” or “positional” prize (i.e, 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place, for example)! You can partner up with someone if you like, but prize packages can only be awarded to individual pilots!
-Note: based on popular demand and performances, there will also be prizes for Outstanding Group Display! These will be awarded once per lightshow to the best-looking organized group of capsuleers, while the same rules for lightshow performance also apply to these groups (i.e., getting CONCORD-killed will result in disqualification).
-Note: all prizes will be contracted to winners AFTER the event has concluded!

“Secret Santa” Gift Exchanges
-bring a gift to get a gift!
-items worth around or under $250 million ISK are encouraged, to be contracted to Commander A9 at Luminaire VII Federal Administration Information Center during the event to make the exchange with other participants: everyone who gives a gift gets a gift. This ISK level is just an encouragement rather than a minimum requirement - gifts of less than 250M will be accepted (provided they’re not Civilian Hobgoblins and bodies!)
-please mark the contract with “Secret Santa” to differentiate it from prizes and any donations, or else your gift might be accidentally given away as a prize!
-in outstanding circumstances, you can relay your gift earlier than the event, as long as it’s as close to Luminaire as possible
-no alts please: If multiple characters tied to one player/user/person behind the keyboard are discovered, all gifts contributed by those alts will be combined into a single contribution and appropriate exchanges made - Please do not “game the system;” that’s not fair to everyone else.
-the following items are not permissible for the Secret Santa Exchange, as they cannot be contracted or have little to no value appropriate for an exchange: contraband, items deemed illegal by the laws of the empires, expired boosters, expired cerebral accelerators, “Civilian” items, or items with a total value of less than $1,000 ISK such as literal “Garbage” items.
-Note: Secret Santa gifts will be exchanged AFTER the event has concluded, so we’re not wasting time trying to hand out the gifts in mid-event!
Be Advised: Someone attempted to impersonate me last year around this time and was dealt with. Make sure you double-check your contracts to ensure they are going to the right person!

Festival Launchers and Snowballs/Fireworks will be donated to any pilot who does not have one or runs out so the fun can continue!

The Battle for Caldari Prime Memorial Astrahus Citadel is online! We have enough fuel blocks to keep the power going for the next year. However, we are always investing in the future, so any spare fuel blocks, components, and Upwell assets can be contributed to help keep the facility powered and supplied.

Any donations go towards obtaining equipment and prizes! Try to get your contribution as close to Luminaire as possible please.

Thank you to those who have donated!:
Luminare Snowball Fight VII CCP Convict Body Auction Revenue: $3,800,000,000, won by Anataine Deva
Johnathan Whisler - helping to maintain the goings-on
Adrian Fidard - 20 Small Arms, 10 Vitoc
Archbishop Rahl - Festival Launcher, 1000 Snowballs
Nikolerius Danten - 3x Party-Fit Coraxes

Pierian Shawcross - 59,520 Hydrogen Fuel Blocks, Standup Focused Warp Disruptor I, Standup Layered Armor Plating I

Anataine Deva - $10,000,000,000; and 1,000,000 (yes, 1 million!) Yoiul Festival Snowballs, Women’s Yoiul Stormchasers Suit, Fedo
Charonbond - promoting the event to podcast services
Neugeniko - Buzzard Caldari Navy SKIN
Maleena Aivoras - fully-fit Catalyst, 7,839 snowballs, over 5,000 fireworks, SKINs, Exotic Dancers
Kalestra Cable - 13 Festival Launchers, 4,300 melted snowballs
Electra Starfyre - SKINs, novelty items, clothes, including an X-Rated Holoreel
Talking In Stations - invitation to podcast show to promote the event on November 28 and December 13, 2021
Geo Eclipse Oksaras - $1,000,000,000
GrandPotatoPa - $20,000,000
Electra Starfyre - 25 Agency Boosters
Great Noddi - 6 Festival Launchers, 200 Melted Snowballs
Carter Weaver - logistical support
Super General - utilizing Fleet Fight notification tool on behalf of Live Events to prepare Luminaire properly for the event
Ibrahim Tash-Murkon - $3,000,000,000 (used to purchase PLEX at his request)
MonkeyChuff Auduin - 1,500 Festival Launchers, $500,000,000
Shanzem - 1 Festival Launcher, 224 Yoiul Festival Snowballs, $1,000,000
Khaprice - Apocalypse Lavacore Imperial SKIN, Armageddon Lavacore Imperial SKIN
DJ Mattress Soft of EVE Radio - on-air promotions of the event
What Could Possibly Go Wr0ng Alliance - adding the event to their alliance calendar
Press I on behalf of There’s Nothing Here Corporation - $2,000,000
Jaantrag - SKINs, over 70,000 fireworks, filaments, 500 Festival Launchers, 5 Gnosis, over 60,000 melted snowballs, clothes, blueprint copies
USTZ Incursions Chat Channel - promoting the event in the Message of the Day
ShanMiner - Yoiul Festival Snowballs Crate (which turned into a Festival Launcher and 135 snowballs)
Shadows Assassin - pinning announcement in The Ditanian Fleet Discord
Nurbs Garemoko - pinning announcement in SergalJerk Discord
Ogeko Nightwolf - $10,000,000, Men’s Yoiul Stormchasers Suit
CCP Convict - 5 1-month Omega subscriptions to be awarded as prizes
Josh Simtschenko - 500 PLEX
Gaming513 Tyler - $50,000,000
Carron Ernaga - 4 Festival Launchers, 1,100 fireworks
FaVour Eternity - Apocalypse Abyssal Firestorm SKIN, Apocalypse Triglavian Twilight SKIN, Apocalypse War Reserves Lieutenant SKIN, Megathron Abyssal Firestorm SKIN, Megathron Triglavian Twilight SKIN, Scorpion Abyssal Firestorm SKIN, Scorpion Military Stockpile Captain SKIN, Scorpion Triglavian Twilight SKIN, Typhoon Abyssal Firestorm SKIN, Typhoon Fleet Ordnance Spike SKIN, Typhoon Triglavian Twilight SKIN
John Endlend - $500,000,000
Industrial Quest - 18 Festival Launchers, 101 snowballs, 3000 fireworks
Melissa Kjeller - logistical support
Melissa Kjeller on behalf of Winger Aerospace - 20 Ventures with 3 Festival Launchers and 150 snowballs each
Nakirian - livestream coverage (Twitch)
Stelianos - logistical support
Blimpo and the Haulers Channel - logistical support through completion of courier contracts (Visit the Haulers Channel for all of your interstellar transportation and logistical needs!)
Davina Sienar - 35 Festival Launchers, 777 snowballs, 11,750 fireworks, Thrasher Luminaire Zenith SKIN, Women’s Polar Aurora Exploration Suit
Corin Adoulin - $67,000,000
General Stargazer - promoting the event on Twitter, 5x Catalyst Aurora Universalis SKINs
Aenoa Exhulis - $15,000,000
Abuscrx Vyvorant - $1,000,000
PartyTerminal - $100
Faye Nahkriin - $50,000,000
Siztemi - $489
Kuben Haruker - $50,000,000
MaksiWWGaming Tadic – $4,416,098
Captain Calypso - 18,000x Barium Fireworks, 18,841x Copper Fireworks, 13,380x Sodium Fireworks

Current Secret Santa Participants: 56
Total ISK Donations: $18,120,416,687
Total PLEX Donations: 2,360
Total Omega Donations: 5
Peak Local Population: 240?+/-
CCP Attendance: 4 developers
ISD Attendance: 2 pilots

Event Schedule
2100: Event Starts at Luminaire VII - Federation Navy Station
2200: First Lightshow
2300: Second Lightshow
2350: Third Lightshow
0000: Secret Santa window closes
All Evening: Secret Santa Gift Exchanges and music-playing

Note: I, the Fleet Coordination Commission, and/or Live Events as individuals or group entities will assume no liability for any ship destroyed in the course of traveling to/from or participating in activities during the festivities.

14 Likes

Great fun (just look up the previous event threads for screenshots and videos). As such I encourage everyone to take part if you can. I will try to participate myself as did so the past events. Long live the fireworks (and snowballs)! :star_struck:

:explodyparrot:

3 Likes

DJ Daggaroth just confirmed.

New Eden Radio is once again onboard!

I want to thank @Anataine_Deva for the generous generous gift of $10,000,000,000 to this year’s snowball fight! I am extremely humbled by this! See you at the party!

Woohoo!

2 Likes

I was asked a question regarding converting snowballs during my recent appearance on Talking In Stations.

@CCP_Convict, there are some pilots who have quite a significant stockpile of melted snowballs. Will conversions be offered again this year to better assist us in acquiring supplies for the snowball fight?

damn, how did i miss this lol… sending some isk like last year.

1 Like

Thank you for your contribution! Every little bit helps!

1 Like

I want to thank @Anataine_Deva for the absolutely monumental and generous donation of…

1,000,000 Yoiul Festival Snowballs!

Yes, we have 1,000,000 extra snowballs now in our stockpile, ready to be handed out for free to anyone and everyone who needs some!

Come one, come all, and if you come with nothing, you’ll get something anyway! Merry Christmas!

1 Like

We’ve already begun received Secret Santa gifts! Thank you for your participation!

Anyone who wishes to participate may contract an appropriate, qualifying Secret Santa contract to me in Luminaire, making sure to mark the contract with “Secret Santa.”

Merry Christmas!

1 Like

Thank you very much for the event!! Added to my calendar, will try to attend :slight_smile:
Meanwhile, if I have something to donate, should I bring it to Luminaire?
P.S. Any advices on gankers there? Should I come in a fast and cheap ship?

2 Likes

Will be there again. Always a fun event

2 Likes

I want to thanks @Ibrahim_Tash-Murkon for the generous donation of $3,000,000,000 to the Snowball Fight! This has resulted in us breaking our record for liquid ISK contributions!

Ibrahim has recommended that this donation go towards buying PLEX as prizes…and every penny shall be spent to do exactly that!

It is charity such as this that makes these events utterly amazing every year!

Thank you, and I hope I see you all in Luminaire!

1 Like

@CCP_Convict has allowed me to disclose some good news!

CCP covered the Luminaire Snowball Fight on the Community Beat posting marked December 3rd, with a very humbling review. Thank you!

Likewise, CCP Convict confirms that a segment of the next Pulse episode will cover the Luminaire Snowball Fight VIII!

Furthermore, CCP will be doing a livestream on CCP’s Twitch Channel!

I am very grateful for the attention that this event has garnered over the years! We break records every year and this is certainly one I am happy to see us accomplish!

Thank you!

2 Likes

OInce again, I will be on Talking In Stations Sunday, December 12 at 1700 EVE Time to promote the event!

https://www.talkinginstations.com/

Thank you for the invitation! I have much good news to share!

Post-Broadcast:

The podcast went very well! Thank you, Talking In Stations, for the invitation!

CCP Convict confirms and has allowed me to disclose the following as of December 12:

CCP will be awarding 1-month Omega subscriptions as prizes to 5 pilots! I will be speaking with the pilots who earn these prizes to confirm which characters they want them added to in the course of awarding the prizes for the event.

Thank you very much, CCP!

Soon as I can I’ll get the snowballs received from daily log in sent to luminaire asap

1 Like

Thank you to CCP for covering the Luminaire Snowball Fight VIII in the final segments of the Pulse episode that aired today!

Looking forward to this fun tradition again.

1 Like

I am pleased to announce that Winger Aerospace has donated 20 pre-fit Ventures to the snowball fight! These Ventures are equipped with a 5mn Microwarpdrive, a Damage Control, and 3 Festival Launchers loaded with 150 snowballs!

Therefore, the first 20 pilots who need snowballs and/or a ship to fly will receive one of these Ventures! Thank you very much!

I also want to thank Winger Aerospace personnel for providing valued logistics support to the event! Thank you for helping me keep my sanity!

2 Likes