Mac client stability has significantly degraded recently

The issues seem to be most frequent on combat fleets, not necessarily in the midst of fighting. Things I’ve experienced:

• The game just closes. No errors, no freezes before closing, just exits.
  • The game freezes up, I get the pinwheel. Sometimes it recovers, sometimes it doesn’t. This was happening with the outside view turned off, and once when I tried to turn outside view on. It did not recover when I turned outside view on and I had to force quit the game.

This has happened both in and out of combat. In very full fleets, and in half full fleets (~100 players). Within an hour, I had the game crash ~4 times. Goons are at war right now, so this is making the game borderline unplayable.

I’ve also been in mining fleets for hours, or traveling around on my own, and had no issues.

This also seems to be a recent issue. Prior to the current war I was a frequent participant on fleets, and did not have nearly this many issues, even in fights larger than the ones we’ve had in the current war.

2 Likes

I have had only one CTD in the past month, but a lot of odd disconnects. I say odd, because my Mac computers disconnect by my windows laptop keeps on working.