Macros For Eve?

Someone will probably tell me something like this already exists. If it does then I’d like to know…

A macro is something that binds a bunch of operations together into a single action. I think the term originated with spreadsheets. Macros exist in other online worlds…for example in Second Life I had a multifunction one with programmable buttons ( down one side of the screen ) where a single click could tell you an avatar’s height, rez a pose stand, or any other operation that usually involved clicking several things in a row.

So, how about an Eve macro that does ’ Jump through nearest stargate’, to give but one example. In practice you’d have to find the stargate in your overview or on-screen and click ‘Jump’ to escape any gate campers. That macro would make the escape a single button option. Such macros could be programmed in by an actual ‘example’ case. A macro is simply ‘repeat these actions’. I could think of many many variations. ‘Warp to home base without autopilot’, for example…all in a single macro button.

What does everyone think ? Or would it make the game too easy ?

I might have been baited here, but this is General Discussion, so it happens. In any case:

Keybinding: yes
Macro: no

1 Like

Keybinding is already a simple, probably the simplest, form of macro. So really I’m talking about being able to bind more complex actions together.

1. You may not use your own or any third-party software, macros or other stored rapid keystrokes or other patterns of play that facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate when compared with ordinary Game play. You may not rewrite or modify the user interface or otherwise manipulate data in any way to acquire items, currency, objects, character attributes or beneficial actions not actually acquired or achieved in the Game.
2 Likes

EVE has many issues with bots farming and RMTing. They’ve formed policies over time to try to limit the impact of these, as well as allow for more variability in combat etc. by trying to limit players to what can be done by single-person control.

I haven’t read up on it in a while but the general understanding is that EVE is limited to “one click or keypress creates one action”. So keybinding actions to keys or mouse buttons is ok. Linking multiple steps to one click or keypress is not, by policy.

I’ll link an old post that discussed this, there’s probably newer updates but I haven’t been following it.

https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/topic/387571

1 Like

I wouldn’t have a clue how to anyway. My question was more a case of asking if Eve Devs would ever allow limited incorporation of it into Eve itself. Looks like the answer is no.

1 Like

Direct one key into one in game keypress is allowed, so if you want to use a program that binds A to F1 or mouse click to F1 that’s fine.

One key into a number of in game keys, a timed action, repeats or an actual macro is NOT allowed. So A into F1-F8 is NOT allowed, “click F1 every 5 seconds” is not allowed and full-on macros are thus also a complete nono.

@Cilla_Cybin reported for botting and EULA violations. Despicable.

Sigh. Are there really people who can’t tell the difference between asking if something is, or will ever be, part of Eve…and actually doing it ?

It’s a troll char, just ignore.

as of this time, CCP has no desire to implement it, most likely due to the different experiences of those who are playing the game. myself i couldn’t operate a bot or create macros to save my life… so it would create an unfair advantage.

Why would you aspire to be a bot or contribute to bot-aspirant behaviour? Certainly @Aiko_Danuja can help here…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.