Main AFK cloaky thread

This answer right here

The counter to AFK cloaking takes work and effort. Just as @Daichi_Yamato points out, and obviously does in his system. Nothing worthwhile is ever easy.

Case in point…This morning I’m in a system with a couple other people in local. One ratter with 5.0 status and one not so nice person with -1.9. I scan down 4 Sansha relic sites in the system and while doing so the carebear leaves local.
Not it’s just me, Mr. Not-So-Nice and 4 relic sites. 4! No one showing up on d-scan, no one home in any of the player owned structures, and no stations in the system. So someone is out here with me, cloaked up like me. What do I do to counter this potential AFK cloaker? I can’t tell if they are AFK or VMAK (Very much at keyboard)
Hop over to Zkill, clickety click. OH! A sabre pilot with a lot of Astero and explorer kills. Most solo. Find a loss of his sabre…he fits an improved cloak. Means he can’t warp cloaked, I can see him coming on d-scan. He also fits a couple scrams and and interdiction probe launcher.
Now if I knew he was AFK I could just hack all the sites, and laugh my way to the next system. Or I could try one site, and hope it’s not the site he’s camping so that I can see him coming and GTFO.
I warp to the best site at 100km, decloak and MWD away to see if I can draw him out. No luck. In the end I hop into the next 4 systems, all alone in local and hack 4 sites in relative safety.
Problem solved.
Actually there never was a problem to begin with.

3 Likes