Main AFK cloaky thread

Do nerf cloak somehow… Do not pay attention to those coconuts considering themselves good players and part of da elite for having an alt or hundred of them afking cloaked in x or y system with cyno module. This ain’t eve, this is pussy counter-productive move. Wanna act bold ? Do afk on your main and do not multibox, there you go boy… Being afk through an alt is just killing eve online amongs other stuff yet if you intend to play this way you may gain time by playing at youp o r n.
Introduce a fatigue system to cloaking device or auto kick and ban for several minutes whoever is afk on alt, no need to ask if you should, do it this is as skilled as jita scam, offer them that time off.

2 Likes
1 Like

Sure it pisses them off. They can’t just go about making loads of ISK with little fear of being attacked. Not sure who “is saying otherwise”.

The problem is that many ratters rely on local, or intel channels that rely on local…and any hunter has very little chance of catching a ratter. Local does give a distinct advantage. Cloaks tend to nullify that advantage.

And most suggestions for dealing with cloaking ships entail a burden on ATK cloak users. Fuel, time limits, capacitory draining, decloaking pulses/mines/probes/etc.

Most people who come here and whine like female dogs about cloaks usually want to nerf cloaks and give up nothing in return. They want the safety of local…and to nerf cloaks so that they can have even greater levels of safety.

That is not really balanced nor good game design.

Hey! Oh…wait, that’s not an inaccurate description. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I spotted a typo.

I thought it was a pre-req for a long term presence in EvE.

1 Like

It is not used to hunt.
It’s used to piss people off.
And, get kills some time to time if they have the patience to catch someone dumb who made a mistake.
Mistake, he would’ve made with, or without a local, with, or without a cloaky-camper.

There can be “mecanics”, not “nerfs”, that can deal with this situation for both parties.
It’s up to CCP to decide.
And there will be a decision, sooner rather than later, with Intel Structures.

If CCP’s choice is to tweak local mecanics, i’m up for it !
If it is to change cloaking device mecanics, i’m in as well.
As long as this situation is balanced for both sides.

Hahahahaha isn’t it great?

No matter what you write and no matter how much you write …
… and no matter how stupid it is …
… no one who matters gives a ■■■■ about what you have to say! :smiley:

Trying to seperate the topic of cloaky campers from those who it hits the most …
… hell, that’s just marvelously stupid! :smiley:

I expected nothing less from someone who defends botters and RMTers! :smiley:

Please, please go on!
Never stop posting, mate! :smiley:

It’s amazing! :smiley:

1 Like

:smiley:

Never forget that, despite what I might be saying sometimes, I am never really against you. :slight_smile:

It’s used to attack a groups income and demoralise line members.

Null sec is cutthroat gameplay. So tactics like this, flipping corps/structures, stealing an entire alliances assets and weaponised boredom are legitimate gameplay. If people can’t handle it, get out. Not everyone has to play in null.

I’m not seprating the sibjects, i’m telling this is not the primary topic here.
It hurts RMTers and BOTers, yeah great.
That’s good.
So you think that they will just stay here, and wait for it to pass ?
Most of the BOTers and RMTers are for long gone from the now claoky-camped regions.

And oh, if you’re not carring about what i say, i’ll give you a hint : stop replying. (yeah because, if you reply, it means you care. A lot).

Yes, that’s what it does, mostly the first 2 weeks.
Then, it’s less and less dangerous, because both sides are loosing patience.

I’ve just learnt that cloaky-campers were paid to do this.
That must be a pretty big salary.
Because, if they don’t get tears in forums, or in reddit, or in local, that must not be worth to do.
After all, they are locking a whole account for it.

I don’t know. Solstice could be like me, not caring at all about the trash people like you write, but instead responding just to keep the river of tears flowing. People like you always deliver bucket loads of tears. I know quite a few people that only afk cloak because of people like you. You think that your crying here is going to change anything? Nah, it’s just going to attract the vultures that are going to cloaky camp you for the sole purpose of seeing your tantrum.

You deserve all the cloaky camping you’re going to get.

Only blind people could see tears when there are not. :slight_smile:
Or desperate ones.

I just did 1.5b doing 2 DED sites despite the 3men camped system i was in.
More than i would’ve done if i were farming with my Hel.
I should probably thank the campers actually.
:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I have used them to hunt. Also, there are more uses for cloaks than just cloaky camping. Such as transport ships. And when the whining gets really good we get stupid stuff about BLOPs. How do you explain that if there is no hunting.

Great. Those have been discussed at great length in this thread and its progenitor on the old forums. CCP has indicated there wiil be (may be) a structure to change this up. So stop complaining.

I explain that simply by saying that you don’t need afk cloaky campers 24/7 to hunt.
You need an active cloaky ship. Period.

Complaints ?
Where ?
:butterfly:

HOLD ON A SECOND! JUST HOLD ON! WAIT! What the ■■■■ is wrong with pissing people off ???

There’s NOTHING wrong with pissing people off!

There’s NOTHING wrong with that either! It’s how most kills happen in the first place! Askin’ for changes based on this ‘s like askin’ “Hey mom, everything’s working as intended and we can’t have that so we must be changing things, k??”

1 Like

As i say.
There’s nothing wrong with that.
But there’s something wrong with calling other goals for it, like the “Holy War against BOTers and RMTers”.

As i say.
There’s nothing wrong with that.
But there’s something wrong with stating that afk-cloaky-camping is the only way to get preys.
Active cloaky-hunters can do the same job, as effective as an afk-cloaky-camper passing in front of his screen for a minute would.

Last time I checked, nobody has ever been killed by someone who is AFK. Some cases you do need an AFK-cloaker first before you can get a kill as an active one though, thank to the 100% accurate intel of local and the intel-networks build around it.

3 Likes

afk cloakers prevent bots from undocking and so there’s nothin’ wrong with that either! When the botters decide to blue the afk cloaker, the afk cloaker turns into an atk cloaker and kills them. Really looks like you got nothin’ but “I think that’s wrong”.

2 Likes

If your whole argument is to state that “people should not feel 100%safe while farming, and so, even more in a Null Sec system”, then, i don’t understand your point saying “you sometimes need an afk to get a kill”.
People react as stated firstly : if there’s a cloaky camper, they will be more carefull, or stop farming, or anything else that is “safer” than if not camped.

If the afk manage to get a kill, it is because the guy made a mistake.
Mistake he would’ve made anyway, with or without an afk camper.

But this, i already said it…

As far as BOTs are concerned, yet again, it prevents nothing.
By essence, BOTers or RMTers are playing this game for the money, not for the social interactions it provides, and thus, de facto, they will be pissed off for, 1, 2, maybe 3 days, or 4, and then, they will just leave the alliance, and find another one somewhere else.

That is this argument that leads me to say that this is a BS argument to defend Cloaky campers.