Main War declaration thread

So What? This is a competitive game, players can’t always have what they want.

But look at the OP again.

What does that even mean?

Does this part help?

Nope. This tells us nothing. Further it is incoherent. That part about, “…as the game does not know or care who won the war.” Precisely. The game does not care. Because the game is made up of all of use players and the Devs. Without us it is nothing except largely useless code. And guess what, I don’t care about some war dec in HS that does not involve me. I just don’t. The people who care are the players in the war dec themselves.

Does this help? Not really. It is fine if all you want to do is blow up pixels, but beyond that it provides absolutely no pathway for “pushing those miners our of system X”. None. In fact, this actually limits war decs in that you have to specify a reason and a victory condition…which leaves out things like “pushing those miners our of system X.”

This also limits conflict…and why doesn’t it make sense to shoot them all over New Eden? It is a war for crying out loud, not a table tennis match.

You can already run from a war, drop to an NPC corp. Move to another region. Running locator agents are not that good due to the watchlist changes.

Wow…just wow. So, this really fails to recognize that there are players who get war decced and simply do not want to fight at all. I mean at all. They’ll dock up and even log off for a week if necessary. Most will drop to NPC corps. This is why war dec mechanics are always a topic of whining, often by (some) players on both sides.

And now we are going to set these players as criminals who can be shot by anyone? Yeah…really bad idea. This is cramming PvP down players throats.

No, there really doesn’t. The reason for the war could be I think your player name is stupid so I’m going to start a war and try and shoot you.

Reduces conflict, the exact opposite of the stated goal.

What is this mysterious reward? Right now the benefit of a war is determined by the person initiating said war. Be it kills or some other intended result.

Now sit down and see how an older more experienced player could abuse this. And as noted, new players should be looking to corps that have more experienced players that can help them…or be willing to take the risk of starting their own corporation.

You have been around since 2009…maybe you haven’t been reading the forums much, but no this won’t help. Those who are fine with fighting and PvP often go to LS or NS and really don’t bother with war decs. Or they go into war deccing and don’t complain about war decs (unless it is about people dropping to NPC corps). Or they just do NOT want to enegage in ship-to-ship PvP at all. In which case nothing you can do will change their behavior.