Manufacturing, is it only for the "big boys"

In a wormhole. Nanite paste all the way. It increases the value of the component pi products by a small amount. But more importantly for living in a hole. It reduces the mass to practically nothing.

1 Like

I actually went for wetware mainframes although there is a lot of moving between planets/factories… ill give that a month and then change if it works out to be too much hassle.

Used to do the same but the WH i’m in now is not great for it. Paste has a crazy isk/M3.

Yeah. It also doesn’t take a huge amount to set up for. And it’s useful for your own pvp.

Unless you are using the PI for other industry purposes I don’t think there is anything better than paste. Even if your living in null, the shipping savings add up fast.

You are limited some what by Lava planets as you need Silicon . That’s why I don’t do it anymore.

Implants

Back in my day… you could pull market data by item or hub into googledoc in real-time (open the spreadsheet and pull the most current data available) and use any spreadsheet magic your mind could imagine. You could see profit margins, price % +/- . and just current buy/sell.

This was before CREST and I haven’t even looked into it in years…

Anyone know if this is still possible. if so is there any documentation or tutorials on how to set one up again?

I too would love to know this. Posting to follow.

By not trying to compete in one of the major trade hubs.

Set up in the boonies where the competition is lighter & the margin is bigger (but volume smaller).

manufacturing has been shelved for me. I’ll just sell the exploration loot, it’ll make more for me in the long run.

There are so many nice things to build from intact armor plates which increase the value …

Shhh, don’t tell everyone :smiley:

I guess there is, but I dont have the patience for it nor the interest is guess in trying to find or create a market in a non hub system.

What a bad understanding of marging.

Maybe you loose ISK with your industry and make far more ISK at just selling your ore.

Or maybe your industry is very profitable and you wast your time at mining instead of just buying mineral on the market.

Industry is not something you “craft” like in medfan mmorpgs, it manufacture itself and you only have to deal with the input and the output.

If you can have a clear schedule then you can easily fit into your other activities the input/output part.
What really take time is the prospecting part where you find and calculate a valuable niche for yourself.

1 Like

@Jetto @Deunan_Tenephais I do agree with you, it’s not that I don’t. I guess that side of the game comes easier to some than to others. I’ve dipped my toes into it many times over the years and it has never really been truly successful so I figure perhaps leave it to those that do “get it” . I agree I do have a bad understanding of it, I think my best crack was opening ISK per hour and trying to get in on the most profitable thing I could do at the time.

But I now figure that I can go out for an hour and get 100m in explo loot and sell it, the time involved in making a clear 100m on the market, where ever it is (although I am only used to hubs) would result in frustration for me, as it did in this recent foray.

I’m comming back after a 4 years break. I try to return to my old risk sources but every is quite broken for me now.

The last thing I am able to do to earn Isk is hybrid reaction and this will end the 24th.

The main thing to keep in mind is the fact that the more effort on your part, the more profit you are likely to get. pumping out tons of t1 is meh, but if you can get your hands on discounted mats for t3 hull etc then youll make larger profits. if its easy you wont make a lot. just research things that strike your fancy

Yes, and no, you can’t compete with with the mega corporations nor should you try, if you manufacture for profit as a single player you need to be clever and patient, this means you need to think outside the box;

What I mean is this, not everybody can get into Jita, not everybody can freely move in and out of trade hubs, now add those trading citadel’s near Jita, then step back, who is YOUR customers, will you sell only, will you buy?

There are many under served systems, the trick is to be far enough from Jita that it is many jumps but stay in the region so you can price items based upon Jita, then you can price your items over Jita, at this point ask yourself how many jumps is worth the price your asking, most people just want to play and don’t like jumping in slow moving ships when buying in bulk and others just don’t like jumping, if you price your items to cover the costs of materials, manufacturing cost, and a small profit you will have your price, now you will have to be patient because selling this way takes more time, otherwise when jumping into a pool of sharks when your a guppy…well what do you expect.

1 Like

Thanks for all the advise people, I’ve still decided that it isn’t for me, the work involved as well as the research involved made my brain melt so Ill stick with some other things that I am doing at the moment.

Feel free to talk amongst yourself but my original post, I will consider answered, thanks, G

1 Like