Currently i am working on an explorer achievement “State Surveyor”. I set a route an fly through systems.
Because of the many system you need to visit, i display in the map the option “Systems i have visited”. But they seem not to update, even after 4 days new visited systems do not display on map.
Is there an update intervall of a week or so? Im just wondering…
Historic map data is indeed not updated live but in batches.
When I did the same achievement tracking some weeks ago I think I saw the ‘systems I visited’ updated in something that seemed like once-a-day batches.
If you go 4 days without an update that seems surprisingly slow. Maybe I was just lucky or maybe there’s a problem with these batches at the moment. As this adding the most recent data to the historic map data is not crucial for gameplay I suspect fixing it doesn’t have high prio.
Either way I learned not to rely on this map data for the achievement as it’s also tracking historic pre-achievement visits that don’t retroactively count for the achievement, which is problematic for characters older than a few months. And because of the slow batches and non-live updates it’s also less reliable than to keep track of where you flew yourself with routes and screenshots.
It seem to take more than 1 day, and yes, it is updated in batches at downtime.
But you say there is “old” data displayed in the map, but with systems already visited that do not count for achievement?
That would be a big problem for the achievements. How do i know which system i need to visit? it seems not possible. I visited currently on system after another with data from the map. so its no wonder why i just miss 19 systems for the caldari achievement and do not find any unvisited.
In the map, the unvisited systems since introduction of achievements have a bit different color, a bit brigther. I double check with the date “last visit”, so all ok…