Marauders are probably going to be nerfed again (contrary to Google AI).
Just like Wiki’s, when dealing with AI you must look at the sources it provides and not blindly accept what it spits out. A lot of times AI is just wrong because it sources some Reddit stuff that was debunked in the comments. OFC people want quick and easy answers so they propagate the wrong information. Those who are defending AI answers are just as wrong imo.
The issue is that the AI took my suggestion as an official CCP update, lol.
The player base frequently critiques CCP for this “moving target” style of development, noting that it makes the game incredibly hard to document for both new players and AI assistants alike.
Oh I wasn’t critiquing you. Just others who are taking AI as fact and not something that must be verified.
I let AI decide who I gank.
I completely agree. I asked the AI search assistant this question;
How do I kill the crimson dragon in EVE online?
It replied;
To defeat the Crimson Dragon in EVE Online, you should prepare for a tough battle, as it is heavily armed and requires strategic combat tactics. Focus on using effective ship fittings and tactics, such as maintaining distance and utilizing drones to manage smaller enemies while targeting the dragon itself.
It continued to give me ship fittings, tactical approach, and combat strategy.
I never knew you guys had a crimson dragon in Eve online.
Have fun!
Don’t ask basic summary models questions like that. Here’s what you get from a proper thinking model.
I’ll verify which “Crimson Dragon” encounter this refers to, then give a practical fit/tactic answer rather than generic combat advice.
Thought for 7s
I don’t find a current EVE NPC/site actually named “Crimson Dragon.” You may mean a Crimson Harvest Crimson Gauntlet / Dark Blood Gauntlet boss or site. Current Crimson Harvest combat sites include Crimson Gauntlet, Tetrimon Base, harder versions in low/null/WH, and escalations; CCP describes them as ship-restricted event combat sites with difficulty tiers.
For killing the Crimson Harvest combat-site boss:
Use the right ship class for the site
Highsec easy sites: T1 frigates are enough.
Medium sites: T2 frigates or T1 destroyers.
Hard sites: T3 destroyers and below; CCP specifically notes Confessor and Svipul are well-suited.
Tank Blood Raiders correctly
Fit primarily EM/Thermal resist.
Expect energy neutralizers in harder Blood Raider content.
Do not rely on a cap-unstable active tank unless you can kill fast or inject cap.
Damage type
Use EM/Thermal damage if you can choose damage type.
Drones/missiles/projectiles make this easier; lasers are also naturally suitable.
Kill priority
Kill web/scram/neut frigates first.
Then clear DPS cruisers/battlecruisers.
Leave the boss until you are stable, unless the wave trigger requires killing it.
Do not sit still
Keep transversal up against larger NPCs.
Orbit or manually spiral; avoid burning straight away under webs.
Bring a cap solution
For active armor/shield fits: cap booster or very strong passive cap.
For newer players: buffer/passive fits are more forgiving.
A safe practical choice is a Svipul or Confessor with EM/Thermal tank, short-range high-DPS guns, propulsion, and either cap stability or a cap booster. For cheaper medium sites, a Thrasher Fleet Issue, assault frigate, or well-fit destroyer can work; players reported Fleet Issue Thrasher success in 2025 class-2/event sites.
If you tell me the exact site name and your ship, I can give one concrete fit and kill order.
That works!
However the problem is that these days basic summary model results are shoved in our faces without us asking for it as top search results.
I’m sure you can get better AI results with some effort. My point was simply that the basic Google AI that most people will encounter takes a lot of “liberties” with the truth…
Yes, you should take AI with a grain of salt. A lot of people don’t or won’t, though.
I really wish Marauders would’ve been buffed over the past year instead of the series of nerfs they received…
You’re selling a load of BS, deliberately misrepresenting facts…
I asked AI search the exact same question - How do I kill the crimson dragon in EVE online? - and got this reply:
Killing the “Crimson Dragon” (referring to the Blood Raider or Order of St. Tetrimon faction battleship boss) in the EVE Online Crimson Harvest event requires dealing high damage while tanking heavy energy neutralization (neuts) and stasis webifiers. These events occur in highsec, lowsec, and nullsec during October/November, with the hardest sites requiring high-end cruisers or battleships.
Ive asked the same question twice. No difference in how, and I’ve gotten 2 totally different answers
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
