March 2019 Release - General Feedback

Of course it was, or do you need a team for mission running?

Instead of screaming and demanding one can research a bit and find a very plausible and convincing explanation in the last month’s MER. “ISK Sinks and Faucets” graph to be precise.

oh wait grinding 5 hrs a day for months or years to be able to fly some ships in computer game is bad and players shoud be blamed for that. So the solution is - cut off their income - it’s the worst and most pathetic way to solve that problem. Wonder if the same amount of ISK coming to the game form PLEXes also would be a problem for CCP

Its bad when players do that one anomaly over and over again because it has convenient spawns and there is unlimited amount of them. Now you have to either wait for respawn or do other anoms as well or do something else that isnt anom farming. Maybe (Oh, shi~!) you’ll even have to change ships and fly around instead of being canned in one system in a super in a tunnel vision “but muh havens!!!”.

1 Like

There are other things you can do, or are you too terrified of someone else getting the site that you sit waiting for the respawn?

Let me play as i want to. I want to stick to my home system and play with my friends - that’s why i play EVE. The mechanics was there for years and all alliances economy grew up on that. If u do such major change you introduce alternatives.

…hence the need of nerfing.

Why not make something you can spend that isk on? Instead of cutting down incomes?
Eve economy is just like any other IRL economy, when you cut incomes you ruin the economy…instead make systems where people can invest/spend…

exactly it’s called socialsm…

The greatest isk sink that you can make is this game is an arena type fighting, where people can que up and get instant fights. Maybe make them isk/class based and get rankings in place, so you can que up with a ship within a price range and just have fun…

There are literally hundreds of ships that we can all fly relatively cheaply, a lot of them are even replaced for free by big alliances. What’s happened the last 3 years is that, due to neglected balance problems, capitals have become the only ships that really matter. Everybody is grinding capital alts. A super alt. A titan alt. A FAX alt. A second super alt. Rorq alts. It never stops. Everybody wants to fast forward straight to the most expensive, most skill intensive stuff in the game overnight, ignoring all the other stuff along the way.

This situation isn’t sustainable and it isn’t good for the health of the game overall. Capitals are way too powerful against the hundreds of flyable subcap ships in the game. Rorqs have made every other mining platform obsolete. People are way too caught up in grinding isk for more alts, more accounts to PLEX each month. Where is this all supposed to end up? What happens to all the people who are being priced out of the game because they can’t afford PLEX anymore, don’t have the time to grind capital alts to actually compete in any meaningful way?

It’s all gone out of control and the only way forward is to rebalance the whole ecosystem back to something sane. Where you can find plenty of fun, meaningful PVP in relatively cheap cruisers again. Where you don’t have to grind for 5 hours a day for months just to compete.

This change by itself is stupid, but in the context of the changes needed for the game as a whole it’s only the first step.

3 Likes

Ships blowing up is not isk sink, it is a material sink and an isk faucet thanks to insurance. You buying stuff on market is just isk changing hands, not a sink (aside from market fees).

Also Abyssal pvp room already provides this type of “arena”.

Abyssal pvp is RNG, you either get it or not, and its way to random to be a proper arena pvp like any other game has. On the other hand if you blow up ships it’s same as as isk sink, there very few ships/if none that get you back the isk from insurance.( so no problem there) . On the other hand you would stimulate the economy of the game, because guess what? EVE is a player made economy, this type of arena que with ladder/ranking/maybe prizes would be a great tool for everyone, pvpers, industrialists, miners, traders, etc. If you could que up for lets say 3 man/5 man instances up to capital class wouldn’t that be a great isk sink? Imagine 5 people queing up in 3 dread/2 fax combos and only 1 team to get out, 5-10 bil lost right there, another one is queing up in 5-10 man marauders/faction bs, and this is only some examples. Besides that, there will always be people for this kind of stuff, rankings and ladders are an awesome tool to keep people interested and willing to spend.

P.S. Try to do Abyssal pvp in normal ships, that are not T2/Triglavian with billions worth of investments in them, see if you have a chance, that is why a que based arena for solo pvp, in cruiser sized ships with 40-60m price range would be a fair fight that anyone could take.

Please remove the right-click-menu item to “scoop to cargo hold” for POCOs that are neither on grid nor actually unanchored. The bottom-most menu item used to be “access customs office,” which was how you moved stuff up to the POCO to retrieve. I nearly warped to the POCOs half a dozen times this morning flipping my PI. Why would you have an option on that menu that would warp you to the POCO, only then to tell you you can’t scoop it because (duh) it’s still deployed?

Also, please make the menu item to “access customs office” available on all right-click menus within the PI window. It’s really annoying to right-click too close to one of the commodity icons and instead get a menu only for that item, and then have to click elsewhere just to get that option. I have to leave space in the window just to have a blank area to right-click to avoid this.

2 Likes

Except that eve is not that kind of game. If you want some ships to be blown up in an orderly fashion - you can organize a tournament. Outside of that no one will use “automated arena” just like abyssal pvp is almost dead once its novelty worn off.

Problem L4 is that CCP did not do rebalance missions.
No new standard missions have been added for many years.
New Epic Arches have not been added.
New COSMOS agents have not been added.

Actually, what is happening with the Missions is just a disaster.

It feels like the CCP forgot about this content, and now they are taking it away.

2 Likes

They’re taking nothing away, they’re still there. You just have to sub or plex now to access them, it’s how it should be.

1 Like

How can you be sure of that? Competition is in the heart of every gamer, so making it more accessible would only benefit everyone. You are saying that…naaah we don’t need more content, we dont need quick pvp outside roaming for hours and hours to get some fights.
On top of that, Ladders/rankings/maybe prizes would stimulate this. And how can you compare abyssal pvp with what I suggested? Abyssals have nothing to do with normal balanced arena pvp that could be accessible to everyone.
Eve is not that kind of game? What do you want to mean by that? Since when diversity and quick accessibility is a bad thing? Diversity is the key to any game, not that Eve doesn’t have it, but more is never a bad thing.

I mean that there is no content development, called Mission.
When was the last time new assignments were added for L3 and L4 Missions ?
Content does not develop, it stands still.

In my memory, new assignments were added in 2010. (“Burner” does not count)

1 Like

Since EvE is a single server live open world open pvp MMO with player-run economic. You are trying to make lobby-based moba out of it that will be just as unbalanced as abyssal PvP now.