[March] Jump Fatigue Changes

I think that any meaningful increase would have the same result as these changes to fatigue.

We’re talking about increasing mobility. Mobility is mobility, whether it’s by gates or by jump drives. I would argue that with the accompanied changes to tethering, capitals have roughly the same risk as they would taking gates.

I think that increased mobility will ultimately result in more pvp opportunities for everyone. It may not be the kinds of fights that everyone is looking for, but it will definitely be more fights.

One type of mobility isnt the same as the next type. The difference between cyno jumping and gate travel is significant. Cyno travel is instant travel from one system to another which is several jumps away, while gate travel takes time even in an interceptor. It would seem a balance of too much mobility vs not enough mobility would be easier to tweak if all we are adjusting is the warp speed of ships.

If we go too far in increasing mobility via jump gates by having too high of a warp speed for ships then yes, things can get silly and Eve would seem very small again in much the same way as unrestricted Cyno and Jumping used to be and how jump mechanics are being changed to for the March release.

Power projection is relative to ease of mobility. The tweak of mobility via jump mechanics, instead of warp speed mechanics, brings back old problems that CCP tried to solve by the introduction of jump fatigue.

A nice strawman argument there.

This makes me want to log in and play eve again, great changes that start to fix the game. please keep up the good work :slight_smile:

I Like this, also I would be tempted to raise dreads jump range back to max 10 LY and lower warp speeds + agility. Also lower the carriers max jump range to 3 LY.

The Quality of Life value of this is HUGE!!! 99% of the time I’m jumping a carrier to do something like ratting, transporting ships or just moving waiting literally 1 hour per jump is aids; waiting 4 hrs after having 2 jumps basicly kills gameplay for the day and 3 jumps is just dock it up for the week; you’re fked. If the big blocs want to come for you; they’ll wait that hour or they will gate it. Ignore the haters on this change… this is the best thing ever written by fozzie.

Love it. Anything that reduces the turtle aspects of the game right now is a welcome change. I like that structures are a little more vulnerable and we need to be able to move ships around. A 30min timer will still slow cap fleets enough that the other side can have notice that they’re coming - likely a few hours - and prepare. You shouldn’t feel 100% safe just because you’re in a remote part of nullsec. The “blue donut” is nobody’s friend.

Welcome to Titans Online, where capitals balance can be simply destroyed by 1 unthinked patch…

Although I agree that 5 days blue time is a bit harsh, but cap can be reduced to like 20h / 2 hours - this way nothing gets buffed, fleets doing multiple jumps still would need to wait 1 hour between jumps, watching for fatigue. 30 mins red timer basically means you can forget about jump fatigue. With ability to gate jump capitals become even more manoeuvrable than before implementing jump fatigue 5 years ago…

4 Likes

This is sad. With the citadel vulnerability changes and the increased mobility of capitals, there is less risk of the giant super blobs being ‘too far away’ for those outside of the “blue doughnut” who might actually be able to change the stagnant map of the past several years.

I agree with this, but I think reducing it by 95% gives too much power to capital ships. It would be nice, if say, the reduction was like 90% or 80% instead.

1 Like

The problem as that any medium sized fight kicked TiDi and gave plenty of time to move around. And with 30 min minimum timer it will take a long time to move six midpoints. At the same time this change makes using caps daily less of a hassle. Same for Jump bridges.

I am a casual player and have 3 caps, working on my fax alt.

When are you gonna get rid of cyno alts and force people to use teamwork to move caps.

Or allow blind/unscouted jumping without a cyno for poor people without the means to have a cyno alt.

Glad to see jump fatigue reduced. Jumping once and having a 40-50minute timer sucks. Anything to reduce that is great. Hope it affects industrials with 95% reduction so jump bridges are smoother too

Good. Nice to see the feature that made me quit this game finally getting 95% nerfed. Just be done with it. Kthxbye.

Reading through the most of the responses to your stuff I´d like to add something pretty obvious, at least in my book.

In EvE we have gameplay designs that are close to be 2 decades old and while some things made sense sometime in the past we are struggling with some relics. A good example that was mentioned several times in the responses where the warp-speed of captials and super capitals. Most if not everyone agrees that moving the big ships that means everything from battleships up is not the nicest thing to do. It´s time consuming and it is super boring. So the “increase warp-speed” comes up a lot. But then people say for good reasons, simply increase warp-speed is not the best idea balance wise. So why we don´t orchestrate a “travel-mode” for battleships and everything above? We have T3Ds who have 3 modes why not use this concept to add a simple “travel mode”? If you switch to travel mode you can increase warp-speed to 5AU for example with a cooldown of 20 seconds or so. Numbers can be discussed and adjusted to something that doesn´t break the balance yet makes it not such a PITA to move anything battleship and larger. The align speed alone makes it not the nicest thing to move big things but adding a warp-speed that feels like you´re barely moving is just bad design in the current iteration of EvE.

That sounds really sarcastic and I hope thats it.

Is there already an official date for the March release?

Oddly, there is no mentioning of the March release on http://updates.eveonline.com/

Except for it wasn’t bigger than b-r other than the amount of people that showed up, there was next to no losses in comparison, so this, mixed with changing the tether mechanic, makes risking caps viable again

Changes will make it that more ppl can show up to a regional fight. The KS “fight” already had the most ppl ever. Took us weeks to get into position through planning and execution, so lets dumb things down again? (grr gons, hat gons)

So making it easier and faster for huge blobs of caps to show up makes cap use more viable? (nope, smaller guys will not use them)

Making a “Travel Mode” could be another way to increase movement without bringing back old problems with the reduction of Jump Fatigue. It boils down to making capitals use gates for movement and delegating the Cyno and Jump mechanic to combat.

As CowRocket Void above has already stated, “making it easier and faster for huge blobs of caps to show up makes cap use more viable? (nope, smaller guys will not use them)”. This isnt speculation. This is what has already happened in the past before Jump Fatigue was introduced and is just one of the old problems that will come back with the reduction in jump fatigue.