[March] Jump Fatigue Changes

I do think the current amount of jump fatigue is complete overkill and needs to be lessened. I am concerned though that the upcoming changes might be going too far in the other direction. I’m not certain what the “sweet spot” for jump fatigue should be however I am certain that both timers should be cleared within 24 hours, probably 22 hours for a little bit leeway. This way if someone messes up and maxes out their JF timers then they just simply need to wait a day at the most, and not days/weeks, in order to start jumping again.

1 Like

Not sarcastic, i am legitimately happy with the upcoming changes.

heavy assets can be redeployed across the map within half a day with new jump fatigue changes. 12 hours max (and that’s being generous), it’s just going to go back to the old PL super blob days, mark my words Elise is prob just as excited for the jump fat changes as Elo is about the muninn ones. Fail and fail. Good news is these two groups will promptly show what a huge mistake this will be. So I’ll shut up and get some popcorn

1 Like

You’ll need this: dis gon b gud: The Collection - Album on Imgur

The main and biggest difference now compared to the old PL, NC., BL days of dominating Super blobs roaming around blapping everything.

Supers are cheap, supers are prolific, supers aren’t restricted to the mega rich. SUPERS DIE.

I am actually waiting for [looking forward to] the day NC./PL to come visit us again with their supers.
Yes, We’ll lose some, they’ll lose some AND a ton of fun will be had by all. It will by no means be a “oh fuk PL is here run and hide” but more of a “PL is here - ALL supers at login screen NOW” - Dread alts, carrier alts, fax alts get to login screen.

This is the ONLY reason to spend all that time ratting, mining, building, buying, selling - Making ISKies.

As I said in the Monitor thread - Eve has become too risk averse - Let loose the big guns, forget about killboard efficiency for a while. Take a risk, have some fun, PLAY EVE.

If you can’t afford to lose it - If you aren’t prepared to risk it --Don’t fly it.

can i have your stuff

These are good changes. I’m looking forward to what they introduce to the game.

Good riddance? We lost far more subs to the introduction of jump fatigue that we will ever lose to it’s removal.

1. Risk averse nature isn’t going to change. Nice try, but you’re not Freud.
  2. Thanks to the “new tethering mechanic” (which most of you missed) a cloaked bomber can now prevent multiple dreadnoughts/carriers from docking. In the new patch a warp disruptor/scrambler will prevent docking.

So… Here’s how this will play out. Small alliances that are mostly industrial (y’know, the people CCP wanted to lure out from hisec for the last 12 years) they will get drive-by super pooned by those non-risk averse elite pvp’ers who specialize in dropping between 4-15 supers. Like a supercapital has to worry about being warp disrupted (yeah, not risk averse at all).

Those groups are many and prolific. I’m not talking about NC. or PL. I’m talking relatively small alliances like Tishu, and Skill urself.

Basically CCP has just introduced a really great reason for most of null to become renter space again. Small indy alliances will need the protection of larger super capable pvp’ers. Which won’t stop small wolves with their hypervelocity rigged super capitals.

I’m fine with the fatigue changes. I’m fine with the “no tether if your fighters are out, or you aggress.”

I AM NOT FINE WITH EVERY CAPITAL PILOT BEING DENIED DOCKING PRIVILEGES JUST BECAUSE A HOSTILE CLOAKY CAMPER ACTIVATED A WARP DISRUPTOR.

HORRIBLE IDEA.

FTFY

Which btw puts them well within range of your citadels point defense. So unless their a HIC with logi, they aren’t going to have you pinned for very long. And as long as you don’t do anything foolish like fire back at them giving yourself a weapons timer, you can dock as soon as they’re dead. This is literally only a problem for people who move solo or blind jump cynos. And tbqh, nobody should have pity for when these players are caught and killed for their stupidity.

You don’t need to be in a large alliance to ask whoever lit the cyno if local is clear, nor do you need to be in a large alliance to have a person man the fort/keepstar you’re jumping to incase you need them to flip on the point defense. If you’re jumping to an astra then docking was never an option to begin with so maybe think about not jumping to those if people you don’t know to be docile are in local.

Well you’re obviously an individual of vast intellectual resources. So let me make this clear in a way even you can understand:

Warp disrupted at extended range. No tether.

Only SCRAMS prevent docking, holy ■■■■! Disruptors don’t prevent tethering nor docking. Only Scramblers, weapons timers, and having fighters out prevent tethering and only the first two prevent docking.

That’s also an Astra which was already pointed out to be far more risky to jump to and therefore additional precautions should be taken. If you jump to that with someone you don’t know to be docile in system then you are jumping at your own risk and need to own up to your mistake if you get caught.

A bonused and boosted faction scram on an Arazu is only going to reach 29.8k which is well within a PDS for a fort or keepstar as I also stated before. So yes, apparently compared you you my intellect and grasp of mechanics must seem vast.

I see a bunch of timers in your screen there. Weapons timer?

That is a warp disruptor icon. That Arazu is also at 50km. There is not a command ship on grid. That is beyond warp scrambler range.

No tether. No safety. Capitals are now confined to jumping to Fortizars. Supers are confined to jumping to Keepstars. Alliances better get ready to shuck out the ISK for Keepstar networks because a warp disruptor is all it take to pin a capital.

Weapons timer is from Arazu pointing at 50km.

You don’t get a weapons timer from someone aiming at you. Only from you shooting in some way or if your siege etc only just stopped.

Hmm… Is my dread in siege? Nope. Didn’t shoot.

Is my dread tethered? Nope. There is a 30 second delay before tether can activate. Long enough to be pointed. The cyno will go up 1 second later. 3-4 supers will jump through and warp disrupt you themselves.

But feel free to not believe me. You’ll find out sooner or later.

60 second timer after siege ends before your weapons timer ends.
The 30 second timer is also after your jump invuln ends, not 30 seconds after you jump.

Now, you might be right in which case it’s a bug, but your screenshot doesn’t clearly show what is going on, and has several explanations that would be from you misunderstanding game mechanics also.
A video showing your testing would give us a much clearer picture.

1 Like

If you did indeed wait out both timers and a disruptor was keeping you from tethering that’s a pretty major bug and it need to be fixed before patch tonight because that’s as close to game breaking as you can get (mechanics suddenly not working as expected).

It was scram only by design to make sure the attacker had to put himself at risk to do prevent tethering/docking. So this was likely an oversight/bug since it wasn’t mentioned in the patch notes - and would have gotten backlash for the exact reasons you are pointing out now.

Right now a weapons timer stops you from tethering / docking - You get a weapons timer from someone locking you and hitting you with a warp disruptor just the same as you do with someone shooting at you with any other offensive module.

Is this mechanic being changed?