[March] Jumping and Tethering Changes

@CCP_Fozzie @CCP_Falcon or anyone else at CCP that might know, how will the jumping to a citadel and tethering change affect jump freighters?

How long does it take you to organize? Maybe the problem is your organization skills before you undock. I’m not saying set the time limit to 15 seconds, I’m saying make it 10 minutes or allow them to get jumped off after an initial invulnerability - like a station. I want citadels to be less of a cheap escape when you’re trying to run or not fight. Plus, capitals can’t get jumped off anyways.

Bottom line, I want people to be forced to use their situational awareness to keep from getting killed because that is all small gang PvPers seems to have on our side.

As long as it takes the server and their client to function correctly.

So you want to gank people that forget to dock. Station games are one of the dumbest things in eve and I’m glad citadels have ruined them.

No you just want to gank people that forget to dock. If you wanted a fight you’d realize someone sitting in tether is functionally no different for you then them being docked. If all your gank targets docked up you’d be whining for CCP to add ways for you to force them to undock.

no cyno to POS - you will slowboat to the forcefield
No POS tethering
You cannot operate bridge at small POS
Undock tethering does not change

POS analogy does not stand here I think

Which is what they are changing.

I’ve never tried it but it is irrelevant as mediums and larges are cheap and easier to setup and tear down then a medium citadel.

It’s not an analogy. It is a fact that citadels are meant to replace the functions of POS. Restricting supers to either docking in Keepstars or logging off at a safe does not allow the same style of super use as POS allowed.

You can bridge from a small pos very easily, I have done it both as the bridger and the bridgee. POS size had zero to do with the ability to bridge, it was more about the safe placement of you titan.

I want to have the opportunity to fight them when they slip up, sure. But more so, I want to have the opportunity to fight them when they think they have the upper hand because Eve is full of cowards that don’t want to fight unless they’re sure they’re going to win. When is the last time you let an enemy go when you knew they didn’t have a chance? It’s no different, you’re taking advantage of their mistakes and misjudgments. The fact that citadels leave little room for mistake, besides how close to the nearest blob you put them. is a big problem, especially when you don’t have the numbers to take out the citadel to fight the people.

Says the guy complaining that citadels stop him spearfishing.

So I should have to try to bump them when they have a citadel with guns, that is keeping me from fighting a cruiser in my destroyer? It’s almost like they should dock.

Everyone relax. Goonswarm, I mean, CCP, er…um…let’s just all agree it is Goonswarm/CCP Employees have decided that what will help them the most is for this change to occur.

As with almost all update here in the past year or two, if it benefits Goonswarm; then it is a go. If it benefits anyone else; then it is on the DEV map to be replaced, removed or dropped.

Oh, and it will fix something that is wrong which again is just the whining sound of Goons.

Then you’d be complaining about them docking.

Actually, I wouldn’t.

Yeah you would. The target being in tether or POS shield prevents you from killing them just as if they docked.

I don’t think being undocked and safe for long periods of time is a good feature to have. I think getting rid of that feature that POSs added to the game is a good thing. If they’re just as safe docked, then I think they should be docked to be that safe.

Why?

Or people like you could get over the fact that they are safe while their ship model is loaded in space and not only while their ship model is not loaded in space.

@CCP_Fozzie @CCP_Lebowski

Did you discuss the how Capital Emergency Hull Energizer will somewhat make this change useless, unless the timer is greater than 30 seconds? Otherwise everyone would always fit this module and hull energyze into safety.

p.s. Ignore my post.

A CEHE doesn’t stop you being pointed and made unable to tether.

2 Likes

It’s funny that you’re making the point for me. Right now somebody in any ship can sit tethered, dscanning and using combat scanner probes until a fight that they know they can win comes along and then they go gank the person. I never said I want to kill people due to graphical issues, you’re assuming all of that because you think you know me. I want to have a reason to fight on a citadel as a small gang PvPer, and there currently is no reason to. Also, the fact that they can be placed almost anywhere, it makes gatecamping for many way easier than it should be.

■■■■ I forgot that due to all the insta-tethering capitals I saw. This is going to be good!

I can do that cloaked.

You aren’t meant to.

A gate camp 1000km from the gate isn’t useful.