Market Bots - The market is saturated and something needs to be done asap- Read!

I agree with you on that point - I’ve given up trading and I used to turn over 10 to 15 bill a day, I see the same 80 to 90% of items that I trade on also controlled now by bots - Its been 7 months since I told CCP bots were invading the market and which items / what to look for and they are still operating on the same items, just more of them now than ever.

Its also now been nearly two months since I gave them a list of 51 bots, 37 of which had clear RMT histories, the ticket is still open, the 51 are still trading 24/7 and now my list has grown to over 100 of known market bots (stopped logging them when I reached 100 as felt it was a waste of my time)

On top of this, I’ve found and reported numerous hauler bots which will also be impacting the market

Poinen II - Moon 3 - Expert Distribution Retail. - 0.6 - 25 bots running from this location
Hurtoken IV - Moon 7 - Perkone Warehouse -0.6 - 36 bots running from this location
Airkio II - Sukuuvestaa Corporation factory -0.9 - 11 Bots - all made 11th Oct 2017 - all now using badgers Umokka X Moon 6 - ‘Top Down Station’ - 0.6 - 15 bots running from this location

Again, despite being reported, all these are still operating 24/7 - we destroy their ships, they run the missions backwards and forth in their pods and still CCP does nothing.

Agree totally, I’m in the process of securing my assets and I will be also closing my accounts down in the next two or three days - Arma 3 for me now on.

The lack of action and communication strikes me as an organisation in melt down

1 Like

I just thought about it and thought, ■■■■ them retards, and as such just cancelled all my accounts now

1 Like

Sad, but it’s the only weapon we have against CCP. Also, not sure where customer support has gone - maybe early Christmas holidays? Cause they ain’t answering my support tickets, that’s for sure.

I agree with all the thread. I am now making some sparse items and elling outside the main hubs, but my trade and selling is now very low, my deals in high sec aprox go to 30b daily to 2b in three items.

I am lucky and sell many items in null sec, but the current situation is dumb.

CCP if you are reading this, you really REALLY need to do something about these bots. They are both oppressive and pervasive. The amount of bloody 10.01 isk bots in Amarr is getting out of hand.

They appear to operate for about 1 hour (at random time intervals) always undercutting by 10.01, then stop for a random period of time, before returning.

Yes, yes, you can argue that it’s players doing this, but I highly doubt it.

1 Like

They evolve \o/. The first time I noticed them/it was 18 months ago in Dodixie. They were active 24/7/365 at a ~60 minute interval and you could set your clock after them.

I watched them for a year and finally reported them 6 months ago via support ticket and you know what, that reported bot is still active.

Bots stopping for a break? LOL! Have you heard of elinor or evernus? Bad bad banksky

Even a player using 3rd party tools still need breaks (food, sleep, cleaning his room because mom said so). He wouldn’t operate 24/7 over months without any break and change his market orders always exactly on the minute.

You prove once again that you exist only to troll.

Have you ever engaged your brain and realised why they do this? TO EVADE DETECTION.

If they sat there 24 hours a day and adjusted order prices every 5 minutes, how long do you think it would take before they were detected?

Nah dude all you can do is cry over this over that. There ARE bots, but you can make money on them, they do exactly the same as you, except crying. The weak people always complain.

Using a bot that does that every 60 minutes, evidently doesn’t get you banned. - Even if someone is reporting you!

How do you know he is operating 24/7 and updating exactly on the minute without sitting there 24/7 yourself?

3 Likes

Because I don’t have to sit there 24/7 by myself.

Being trader myself, without using elinor or evernus (yeah, stupid me) you get a feeling for your competitors.
There is that guy who always undermines you with 0.01 ISK, the orders of that other guy always end with .27 ISK and there is that guy who is always by 10.01 ISK cheaper than the second one. Something very easy to spot and to follow.

Also not trading in Jita and with items where you have only a handfull of competitors is making memorizing their behaviours not very hard.

There is this order, who hasn’t updated for 20 days. That other one gets annoyingly always an update at the time where I start to work. Then is there that one who gets a random update at several times in the evening. And then there is that 10.01 ISK one who is always updating his orders without observable break times.

That 10.01 ISK guy is active on several items. How do I know it’s the same guy? Because I bought his stuff to get his name and to be sure.
Now where we have a list of several items and know the orders that belong to this character it’s pretty easy to follow his activities on them. Meaning the last time he updated his orders.

Looking at those update times for weeks the patterns were pretty clear, that there was and is no time window where he is not updating one of his orders.

You also could use eve-central or now evemarketer beside crest and esi to follow the market fully automated.

How do I know he’s updating his orders exactly on the minute?

Well, adjusting your market orders manually gives you a feeling about your competitors as mentioned earlier. You know your items where you have to look once a day or every 5 minutes at prime. There you pretty soon start to see the update pattern of that 10.01 ISK guy, especially on items where there are no other competitors. That guy is updating his orders in intervalls of roughly a hour.

The way from this thought to actually measuring the time span and predicting his next update on an order isn’t long. And BINGO 58 Minutes as predicted! And 58 Minutes after that too, as on the next day and so on for all his market orders.

That was roughly one and a half year ago. I stopped trading because I was bored and resumed with it last summer and what did my eyes see? Right, that 10.01 ISK guy still active trading on all major trade hubs. How do I know? I bought his stuff for fun to see if it’s really him. And yes it was him ^^ what a surprise.

So I finally reported him and wrote a support ticket with character names, corp name etc. and left the game for a few months.
Now I’m back and what do my eyes see. Yes, that 10.01 ISK guy ist still there \o/. - How do I know it’s him? Right, I bought his stuff for fun. I even wrote him a nice Evemail with the request of telling me his secret. Sadly I got no response so far :frowning:

If one of you guys are telling me now that CCP is actually taking care about market bots, I can tell you from first hand experience they don’t care and they don’t ban them.

One example order:

An other example:

So who is it? That’s what we want to know :p.

I just sent you an Evemail with its name.

I would also like to know who it is.

I know one of them is Amarr Empire Minion.

I suspect all of the “Minion” toons are bots. Like Caldari State Minion.

For completeness and reporting, I’ve sent an email to security@ccpgames.com. Also, I found out, which is interesting, they never send back read receipts or delivery notifications to emails… So it disappears into a trash bin… as I suspected.

Most likely, that will go unanswered and uncared about.

Are we not allowed to say who it is on the forums? If they are not bots, let them come here and defend themselves.

What are you expecting? If you think they are bots then no matter what they say on a forum.

1 Like

Since you’re talking about Rita have a look at this interview he did with Markee Dragon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNfBf7Sfw0A. It’s only the first hour or so.

1 Like

Always nice to be in the spotlight, i am active and i’m also not a bot.
market updating for me is very different from the normal way people update orders.

i wrote my own program to detect items that have been outbid, meaning i don’t have to scroll through hundreds of items to detect which have been outbid, done that for years and burnt out a few times doing so, so obviously like any sane person, i looked for a more relaxed way to trade.

ironically enough i too reported people for bots back then as i found it frustrating to see people constantly updating orders, until i found a better way of running my operation without all the hassle, you’re right i update orders around every hour, but instead of going through hundreds, i’m able to update only items that have been outbid, reducing the time it takes myself to run through all account down to mere minutes instead of hours.

i’ll take the assumption that i’m a bot as sign that my market pvp is strong, and carry on as normal.
daily updates has became part of my day, personally i find it relaxing and keeps me in touch with eve.
if i stopped updating, others would just fill the void, and i’d loose out on ISK, so better to just keep ontop of it, means less items to update, each time i check the market.
i.e more time to other fun things

3 Likes

Thank you for confirming my assumptions even that you are behind it. If I would go into trade on a larger scale, I would totally do it like you described it in the first three paragraphs.

The question is, how do you update your orders?

Your detection software provides you with a list of items who need an update, so do you do it yourself by hand or does that also a software for you?