Mining Moon Without Permission

I for one dream of the day that I drop prospects onto an enemy r64 with a black ops.

Honestly prospect is underrated as a mining ship. it’s actually cheaper than a barge but can get comparable yield to a procurer while being much safer. (cloak + speed > tank) The only downside is that rats can be a pain since you don’t have weapons on a prospect.

With a decent fit the porp should be able to tank most rats though, and it also has enough drone bay space to fit a full flight of combat drones on top of your mining drones. I think it even has a damage bonus for combat drones, so your medium drones should be able to wreck BS rats in null quite well.

For the blops mining, just drop a T3C with command processor and two bursts, combined with prospects to do the mining. The later have 10k m^3 ore holds each, so they should be able to carry whatever they can mine before the jump timer cooled down and you extract.

make the battle prospects hundreds incoming on a fleet all of them doing 300 dps

Any corp worth its salt that has Athanors up and running and commands a fleet of miners, also has alts to protect it. Some people do not take kindly to you mining the ore that they spent their fuel to acquire. You will routinely be asked to leave but if you don’t, expect a couple of catalysts to introduce themselves on the grid.

I didn’t do this personally, but one of my buddies had a group of miners just grabbing the ore off an athanor in the off hours. After the 7th time they did this and realized that the corp they paid for “protection” wasn’t actually protecting their low sec moon and in fact sometimes ignored the ventures when the ventures were in local, they tried to reff the athanor even though I told them that was a bad idea (and they got a share of 7 pulls without spending a dime on fuel, so why do you even want it?) and not only did the moon owners kick their butts on the armor timer, the corp the owners paid also showed up. And 3/4 of the losses came actually not in the fight but trying to leave the lopsided fight but they got engaged by 3 BCs on a gate and while the fleet was trying to kill the BCs, the defense fleet caught up and it was a goner. I do wonder why the corp we knew was being hired for protection was ignoring the ninja miners. unlike the moon owners, they were active at all times of the day and could have easily put the kibosh on it and we knew they asked the moon owners (who were new to the place at that time) for ISK to in exchange for protection of the moon and Fortizar. So no only did the owners not do anything other than send strongly worded letters in response to the ventures, even the hired muscle ignored them for some reason (if I were the client, I’d ask for a discount for that kind of service)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.