Monetization Survey

Thank you!

1 Like

^^ :rofl: ^^

For everyone who is against character renaming, a solution has been proposed to have a character name history, kind of like a corp history or character transfer history. I’m sure some scammers would still use it to change their names, but anyone who takes 5 seconds to open up the character info window will be able to see all past names. Thus, it isn’t going to be of benefit to spies and corp theives.

Now, will there be some scammers that would be able to benefit? Maybe. But scammers already create new characters all the time, so it’s not exactly like they are all living with the consequences of their actions anyway.

By the way, a lot of people don’t like thinking about real life when they enjoy their escapism, and a lot people try to nip political discussion in the bud because it often just devolves into arguments. In fact, it’s not just the forums that do this; even many player run communities prohibit political discussion. I don’t know if you were joking, trolling, making a political statement or what, but your comment was of a highly controversial nature that could easily derail the thread, if not get it shut down.

And no, I wasn’t the one who flagged you.

I’ve had a few people now say that they didn’t understand one or more questions. So, obviously I could have done things better. Can you guys me some insight as to where I went wrong?

@Jim_Era

1 Like

I think you did well. I had/have to think about it and look some stuff up still. Because I want to explaine each one I guess…

1 Like

Good survey questions, it is interesting to see where my thoughts stand compared with everyone else who answered.

The only change I would make is add a question about daily log in rewards.

For me it was my own fault for not realising it was “Are you in favour or not of monetising these things” and not “which of these things, some of which are monetised already, are you in favour of”.

Slight difference but I dont blame you.

After drinking about it, I cant vote. The only thing I don’t like are the skill inj. I think they should be capped at sub caps. Seems to me at least that this would solve a lot of other the poll questions.

If I did vote, I would have to do a dual post where I argue my point from both sides.

I would rather see a “I don’t care” place to vote than bother typing that much since ccp doesn’t care anyway. Sorry.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

How
do
you
all
know

this

formatting?

I

am
envious
!!!.

Had to look from the CSS itself, is there a tutorial about it?

Google is your friend :stuck_out_tongue:

These were marked as already visited in my browser but at a quick glance neither has the ins and del html tags listed I assume there might be another page I’ve seen those on so there might be more stuff elsewhere than those two linked above.

Btw yes there is some tutorial, not sure how to start it, the discourse bot guides you through some of the basics but I think it does not detail most stuff though it was years ago I ran it.

3 Likes

In my naivety, of course, I googled for formatting in conjunction with Eve Forum and unfortunately found nothing, since I do not know what platform is behind the forum, good to know that they are all more or less standardized.

And no, even though I just did the beginner/advanced tutorials with the bot last year, there was no instruction there on those particular formatting options.

Thank you!

Glad to help.

Just FYI if you are not sure yet the EVE forums run on:

Though as you recognized and mentioned in those sources I’ve linked they use (among others, some of the) BBcode and other common stuff among their own I think. There are many forum and community platform software it is a good thing they tend to share some of these markups and whatnot to make the users’ lives easier.

1 Like

Ship insurance. Lose one, get the same fitted one back in your home station :rofl:
Yes, I think monetization beyond subs and cosmetics is evil, can you tell ?
Aurum and PLEX were old ideas, addressing RMT and what not, but some clever marketing guys seem to have their foot in the door now, using psy101 to grab more.

1 Like

Yeah, Eve Echoe’s insurance is messed up. I heard that some of the players are protestesting. Unfortunately, one of the guys leading the protest said that he doubts Netease will give a damn. He said that looking through their history, they generally try to milk a game fro 2-3 years, and then move on. Of course, this is just hearsay, but it sounds quite sad. From what I understand, a lot of people were digging Eve Echoes.

2 Likes

You mean this was actually implemented ? Had no idea. That is truly messed up. Seems Gordon Gecko has more followers than ever. Which may lead to a situation not unlike other efforts by ccp to increase their portfolio and make some horrible, product ending decisions…

lol. I figure you knew about it based on your comment.

Yeah, “milking for 2-3 years” until the product has become such a notorious money grabber that people actively avoid it, that’s not a workable strategy given the development time for any new game. Mitigating losses by $$ insurance, what a laugh if it weren’t so sad. Getting wiser about New Eden force lines is the viable and long term-option for any player. Next up, gank immunity in hisec for $$ ?!
It takes years to build reputation as a company, seconds to lose it.

I thought there’s no PvP in Echoes outside of null-sec?

I wouldn’t know. If there isn’t any outside of null, what’s the meaning then of lowsec (if they have it), and what are the economical checks and balances on hisec wealth creation ? Anyway, not in its proper place in this thread. My comment about gank immunity in hisec for $$ is not a long stretch if you follow the original reasoning, is all. Just feed on the uninformed risk averseness of some players and you create more chaching.