Monetization Survey

Understandable, cat ears on ships is not your thing, but I’m sure a different potential feature Pearl Abyss is well know for would fancy your interest: XXXXXL size and extremely jiggly jiggle physics for female avatars for only 359 :credit_card: PLEX per month in a NES near you. :melon: :melon: :wink:

:parrotwave1: :parrotwave2: :parrotwave3: :parrotwave4: :parrotwave5: :parrotwave6: :parrotwave7:

1 Like

m8 I never said anything about cat ears on ships.

You are WRONK.

I want my leshak painted in RAL 6011.

No not really, I’m speaking about the 60% you mentioned while at the same time more than 60% state to be against it, but would do it anyway. I don’t know enough on the game yet to determine if buying ships for cash is a good thing or not, other games do it but not sure it that would work here. My feeling is that since we have a full economy here is that it would be unwanted. Hence my “undecided” on many things.

I’m more than happy to pay for a good product, that’s how that works: CCP delivers me a service and in return I pay them for it. I’m completely fine with extra monetisation as long as it isn’t predatory or the game becomes nothing but monetisation. In this case it’s not predatory nor required so I don’t see the issue.

Having said that, the packs are poorly chosen (although this may be on purpose, for testing). When I started I obviously had no clue on my options, I just wanted to try “cool stuff” but was limited to what my character could do and train at that moment. It’s only once I learned about the whole referral system and that you can make as many accounts as you want without having to “invent” a new email address for it that I was able to try different things but of course limited to alpha skills and the 1 mil SP.

So I would expect, and hope, these packs to expand to things new alpha players simply can not do either because of alpha skill limitations or sheer time sink. Things like cloaking or having the skills to fly a decent cruiser or BC. Stuff like that, stuff that makes a new player go “cool, cloaking that sounds awesome” or “wow, fly a battle cruiser” regardless of having a need for one or not. Then they try it to see if it IS awesome and then they’re possibly hooked and will probably go omega.

1 Like

You did not, but Uriel did.

Wahwahwah,

People have more $ than me, cry more.

If you got something from a corporation for free then you are the product. If you are not paying to play eve in 2021 you are as fair game as a NPC & a product to be messed with for the amusement of paying customers.

My only gripe with pay to win in eve is that ccp is refusing to acknowledge its plex deficit. All new pay to play is now seemingly bypassing PLEX.

CCP in 2021 is going to be reminded why it made plex in the first place espicially since they are now encouraging pay to win/play players, step right up to the blossoming RMT stores.

Hey kids do you need some spaceships to go with your bought for cash skill set? CCP won’t sell you a ship for cash but we will.

In reality, I predict uptake of expert systems will be terrible & not even cover development costs. But if expert systems is a success, RMT is gonna boom too.

Just the new expert systems. And it makes perfect sense, as these expert systems are aimed at new players who do not yet have plex or ISK and aren’t meant for veteran players who can then ‘plex’ their alpha alts into mining barges for much cheaper with expert systems.

2 Likes

They could also sell:

• unique ship animations (something like t3D)
  • ship emotions (a special light beam from your ship, showing some symbol or corp logo by demand)
  • access to premium station interiors (ships)
  • unique effects for weapons / modules / engines
  • walking in stations for cash

I will not tolerate selling SP for money or unique golden ships / modules.

1 Like

Crap Id like my votes removed, totally didnt read the OP properly.

I disapprove of everything.

2 Likes

I really think one problem we are overlooking is that the new player experience was balanced for a game with much fewer skills than we have now. We probably need some way for new players to pay more than a $15 subscription and get more than just starter skills without having to buy plex (which is complicated and may turn new players off to the game).

Walking in stations customizable captains quarters.

2 Likes

i totally misunderstood the survery. rip

1 Like

I would desperately like a name change for one of my chars, I’d be in favour of some kind of very limited name change certificate.

Hey man, you might want to edit any sensitive information out of your post (or delete it entirely). I appreciate your comment, but don’t want to see your privacy violated.

1 Like

Omg that’d be so cute. Would 100% pay 2 month’s sub worth of PLEX for that lol

we are all in favor of hello kitty skins for years
CCP just don’t listen

13 Likes

For those who misunderstood the survey, click the ‘show vote’ button at the bottom of the question and change your vote to whatever you want.

4 Likes

This political compass is glitched.
It does not show the results.

I basically have no problem with any monetization method that doesn’t cheapen game play (eg. making it easier to buy ships from cash shop than make/trade them), or turn into pure P2W. And EVE has been fairly P2W for a long time so it would have to be blatant there.

I’ve criticized a lot of CCP’s stupid monetization schemes in the past, but not because I think they shouldn’t be charging money for game things. It’s because they consistently and stupidly keep shooting themselves in the foot by marketing the wrong things for the wrong prices to the wrong groups, and so they remain a 3rd-rate dev company struggling to find programmers competent enough to program a chat system for heaven’s sakes.

CCP could make 3 times the money and satisfy more customer if they could just get a clue… but apparently that’s one thing the cash shop doesn’t offer.

Wrong.
EVE is a extremely linear and static game.
All it takes is one youtube tutorial or google search on how to fly X or how to run Y.

Eve is not hard and the value of “experience” is vastly overstated.