Multi character training cost

I am aware it wasn’t something from inception, I have been playing the game since 2011.

Simple facts are that EVE has made lots of changes recently to try and encourage new player growth within the game, but the game still has the same fundamental problems that it has always had. and nothing I see has really changed that.

• High learning curve which is fine, its one of the things that makes the game great.
  • Training / Time wall for trying to experience new things in the game - big problem for new player base.

If they really wanted to try and make the game more accessible they would try and encourage people to use the additional character slots to try out different areas of EVE not discourage then by wanting an additional £16 per character. That way you wouldn’t end up the problem that a lot of new players have where they training into one thing and if the find out they don’t like that or want to try something else first, then they are stuck having to wait X amount of time and are unable to enjoy the game. Then more often than not give up on the game.

Basic fact EVE needs to generate the next generation of its player base or it is slowly going to die by bleeding its core players. Albeit this change can be used by VETs just as much as Newbies etc it would help people who are genuinely interested in the game get to spread their wings faster giving them more of a chance to find something that they love about this great game.

Also games change, CCP is company at the end of the day if they cant generate enough money and keep the player base growing, then it wont matter about appeasing the super rich vets anymore as the game will die.

Also I didn’t say just character count, ‘Active characters’ there is a significant difference in my opinion.

Please bore me to tears, this is something that I am quite interested in and would like to see change, if you have some actual valid information, then I would be more than happy to hear it out. Rather than people saying it will make some people unhappy.

Since when have game developers not made a change that angered someone.

If you minus the amount of non playing time you have to train all the alpha skills to 2 I think youll find its a lot quicker than most mmos let you get to a sensible level in which to play.

Ramona if you are going to try and have any input into this thread, realise that I am not really talking about Alpha accounts. The main point was to discuss then current situation with Multi character training. I am aware I have been talking about Newbies but it was referring to people that SUB and are still a bit green.

I was referring to where you said;

New players are more likely to try things out in Alpha, and have a good idea where they want to go if they do that when they Omega.
Dual training isnt supposed to appeal to new players; its a high level luxury for those of us finishing Carrier 5 on one and Transport 5 on an alt.

If a new player wants to experience multi character training for less than the cost of the MCT then its very easy; start a second account. 30 days of play is 1 third cheaper than a plex, and you get a plex if you ever sub it so its like a plex for £10 each time.

And thats not including all the MCT certs they gave out for new accounts over Xmas.

I got like three of them and started a whole new gneration of McCandlesseses.

Don’t bother with the mct just get another account it’s quite better because you can use both at once and even more if you want.

1 Like

A “normal” month subscription is $15 not $10. You are looking at a discounted subscription, either because of a limited-time promotion or because of volume-discount (you prepaid for 12 months).

Anyway, to answer your initial question, “making the game enjoyable” (through low costs) is a secondary concern for CCP; the primary concern is making profit as a business. So as a result, all of the things they offer, from multi-character training to PLEX to Extractors to swag, are priced at the maximum price that they think we’re willing to pay.

Learn to read Memphis Bass I typed £10 - ten pounds, I am well aware what a subscription costs.

Ok let’s discuss semantics then, that’s what you want your thread to be about, looks like.

How much does your subscription cost, IN POUNDS, if you’re only going 1 month at a time?

EDIT: And we’re trading insults too, so: How smart can you be? You’re posting in General Discussion, arguing the unfairness of pricing with the other customers who can’t do anything about it, instead of creating a support ticket to CCP to directly complain about it.

they should limit them like alphas while your training 1 character already. let me train a certain set of skills in accordance with paying omega.

The way MCT works, is it applies to the account, not the character. It unlocked an extra skill queue on the account that you can use to train on a second or third character that you choose. It’s not locked to a certain character.

That’s strange then, because when I purchased 1 months worth I applied it myself.

When I subbed and got the MCT “free” I didn’t get that option, it automatically applied it to the second slot which already had MCT running on it.

The MCT from that deal was automatically applied but it should work the same otherwise. You should have been able to either change the character that was training by stopping training on one character and then starting on another or start training on another character.

1 Like

I’ll give it a try, it’s not something I’ve done before.

You were spot on, cheers mate.

That happens often in this game, so no worries.

MCT cost in PLEX is fine.

There is however an irrationality in CCPs price for cash MCT.

It costs more in cash to buy MCT, than buy a PLEX for cash and use that to MCT ingame.

1 Like

I have 3 characters on each of my accounts. As an industrialist this makes perfect sense.

The second character on each account trained for research, invention, production and PI - roughly 25 million SP. The 3rd character is more basic - research, production and PI - roughly 10 million SP. These characters are fully trained, earning more than enough to PLEX the account subscription and they are included in the subscription at no additional charge.

That is, in my opinion, the main reason why CCP charges a bit more for MCT. These ALTS rarely need a lot of training and, once trained they are free.

A bit more than what?

Before PLEX fragmentation, MCT cost the same as another sub/PLEX.

Now it costs less than a PLEX (except for the MCT cash price anomaly).

A bit more than a regular subscription. Sorry for the ambiguity!

1 Like

The point? To not pay for them separately.

That’s the choice you have to make.