Need help for mining!

Earlier in the thread you mentioned a concern for Ganking. Those who practice that will go where the most plentiful prey is. So, consider linking up with a small group that works off the beaten path.

Some tips to avoid tricks and traps:

• Esc Menu/General - Dueling Section: Reject all invitations. That way you don’t accidentally accept one when pops on your screen
  • Can Flipping, pay attention to your can if you use it. It is a white box by default. Make a habit of renaming your can with the time and your initials. Since they disappear in 2 hours you know how long you have and you will know it is yours. If your can turns yellow mysteriously, leave it, it has become a trap.
  • Don’t be afraid to mine .7/.6 and .5 space. They do have rats but your Procurer can either ignore them or quickly pop them. You have a wider variety of ore to select from.
  • You have a probe scanner, use it. You don’t need probes to see anomalies. Occasionally anomaly belts spawn with much more valuable ore.
  • Consider taking a local Security mission Level 1-3 with your Proc or Skiff. Many have huge caches of Ore in them. They are the safest places to mine as you have to be scanned down to be found.

Cheers!

JR

different ore have different mineral values.

basically, at first you should focus on mining asteroid and selling compressed ore.
The increase in gain from reprocessing ore is not very important : minerals take more space than compressed ore.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/List_of_Skill_Hardwiring_Implants#Table_of_Implants

You have an implant here for reprocessing.

Thanks for the answer !

I just have a little problem : I don’t know how to compress ore =/
Apparently the Rorqual can do it, but it’s not like I’m going to pay for something like that just to compress space rocks. Plus it can’t enter HighSec, so is there another way to compress ore ? And is it worth it ?

Thanks for the answer :slight_smile:

For the can flipping : I don’t have to be afraid of it simply because I have an alt in a Miasmos taking the ore for me.

Next, about the ore that spawn in the missions : is it just safer to mine that way, or can we found special / rare ore that shouldn’t spawn in High Sec, or in the Empire Space where I’m mining ?

Thanks =)

citadels with reprocessing service give access to compression.

since you are thinking about it :

Let’s consider you want to dump your value at a trade hub (let’s say Amarr)

Your mining ship has a yield y in cubic meter/minute( per hour is more expressive)

if you mine an ore A , this ore has a volume va . That means you will mine actually aph ore/h with _ aph = y/va ._
Then you can compress your ore at a rate of ca. Can’t remember the compression factor, I think it is 200 for ice but not very sure, you have to look it up ; you can thus produce caph = aph*ca
if you look up the BO price in Amarr, you will have for uncompressed ba and for compressed bca. That will tell you the hourly BO of your ore by multiplying by your hourly yield :

• ha = ba * aph
  • hca = bca * caph

you do that for each ore you can retrieve in your space and you thus have the hourly worth for compressed/uncompressed ores.

AFTER THAT you can check the value of the minerals in the ore (again, in Amarr in our example)
you get the values of all the minerals and make vector multiplication with your ores yield, then factor in your reprocessing rate

eg veldspar gives 4.15 tritanium/ore and you have 50% reprocess => veldspar reprocessing is worth 2.07 tritanium . at 5isk/trita bo that means 10.35 isk/velspar when reprocessing.

you do that for each ore a and it gives you the reprocessed hourly worth of the ore a,
_ raph = aphrp/100Ma*t(Pmins)_
with

• rp your reprocessing percentage
  • Ma the vector of mineral reprocess value for the ore a
  • t transpose function
  • Pmins the vector prices of the minerals

you can then compare aph, caph, and raph which tell you if you should compress or not, and reprocess or not, the ore your mine.
You can then compare this for every mineral you can mine, this will give you the best isk/h.

Mission Ore spawns are more about being safer to mine and significant quantities. Occasionally you may see something special like Crokite or Bistot. I would lookup the mission and decide weather to just blitz it and draw another one or to blitz and mine it. Either way your making isk while changing up the action and keeping it interesting.

Mining in Security Missions;

1. Improved Safety which requires that you have to be scanned down. This can let you switch to a covetor with mining drone rigs. It has no defense worth a damn, but will out mine both the procurer/retriever by a good margin.

2. Increased safety if you switch to jetcan mining.

3. alternative and reliable source of ores/minerals should the local belts be mined dry

4. can provide a source of ore which would not be normally available in that Faction space.

Normally you will get High Security ores in combat missions. You will need to clear the NPCs (a mission like Break The Will, they do not spawn until you start shooting the objective). Sometimes there are long distances which you have to slow boat making the logistics more awkward. Mission depending, the site may de-spawn at completion - so bookmark the cans. Some missions have ship restrictions.

https://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=mininginmissions

Comprehensive list of missions and ores.

HiSec mine in anything other than a Procurer or Skiff and you can expect to get suicide ganked occasionally.

I mine with a Covetor and an hauling alt in 0.5, but nobody tried to gank me for now.

Guess I was lucky. But I can easly replace those two, plus the cargo loss

I am a miner and have not played the game very long. I was scared to join low sec for obvious reasons! I joined a corp operating in low sec and they have several mining Operations with moon ore and some really good friends who protect me. If you would like to join us that would be great. Let me know

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.