Need help with easy/cheap Level 4 Missionrunner ship/build

Hello Everyone!

Im a returning noob, pve player /yes thats true/ currently doing solo lvl 3 missions with my Gnosis.
Its going ofc slow, but i could make them all until now, and i had to warp away and back only a few times.
Now im looking to the future and need some advice with skill plan and ship fits that i could get without bankrobbing. I dont want to make them in seconds /blitzing style/ i just want to be able to kill everything in lvl 4 mission sites without help. I know thats everyones wish but i need a build which wont takes months of training and billions of isk to get a ship to use it. I dont mind if i have to use drone or missile or any another build.

Here is my characters skilltree:
https://eveskillboard.com/pilot/Wramong_Erioldes

My current lvl 3 mission running ship:

[Gnosis, *Simulated Gnosis Fitting]
AE-K Compact Drone Damage Amplifier
Vortex Compact Magnetic Field Stabilizer

Large Shield Extender I
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
Cap Recharger I
Large Shield Extender I
Medium Shield Extender I
10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

250mm Prototype Gauss Gun
Drone Link Augmentor I

Medium Core Defense Field Purger I

Hornet I x7
Hobgoblin I x8

Tungsten Charge M x2190
Antimatter Charge M x3428

Thanks in advance for your help.

You would want a Battleship hull to run L4 missions.

The top ships to go for as a long-term goal are probably still the Rattlesnake and Machariel.
But since you neither have the skills it seems, nor want to spend ‘billions’, your best bet is probably a T1 Battleship that fights at range.

Something like a Dominix with MJD and sentry drones, or a cruise missile Typhoon (also with MJD) would be a relative cheap option. The Praxis might be worth a look too.

Sadly I can’t give you a fit for those. My time running missions is long past.

You very likely want shield-tank all of them to have your low slots free for damage modules. So if you are not sure what to skill in the meantime, put skillpoints into shield-tank. Then drones, those help on almost all hulls.
Your fitting skills also have room for improvement. I didn’t specifically check for them, but looked like you could still improve some of the “magic 14” which will help you on almost all ships you can put a fitting on.

And welcome back.

Thanks for your fast answere. Yes there are much to improve with my skills, it just going so slowly to gather enough sp and i cant gather ISK fast enough to buy injectors. Thats why im looking for some easy to start with builds/ships. I dont want to break ISK/hour records on the first day doing missions/ratting, i just need something that i can use soon enough and i can upgrade it later.

A Raven (130m isk for the hull) is very capable of taking on lvl 4 missions. Use Cruise Missiles so you can attack at a far range. Eve Uni is a great place to start for fitting suggestions, but make sure you swap the ammo/shield mods to match the rats you’ll face. If you are really concerned about cost, you can actually get away with tech 1 (non-faction) equipment; but tech 2 stuff will certainly make your job easier/faster.

Keep in mind, if you go super cheap- you’ll occasionally have to warp off to repair/reposition yourself. You’ll also want an MTU if you intend to loot/salvage. Good luck.

I like the idea to snipe enemies from far away, but what are u doing if you land 10-20 km away from a group of badguys after jumpgates?

If you can’t face-tank this group of NPCs, you use a Micro Jump Drive (MJD) to make a leap of 100km after a short spool-up.

Nora is correct, best method is micro jump drive.

Nora mentioned Praxis earlier, ive just checked it out and i have to say it has realy nice bonuses for cruise missile damage and drone damage/hp. Its a bit more pricey than a Raven, but it is compensated with the fact that i can straight hop in. But if we look only the bonuses and ship stats, what do u think which one has the most benefit for me as mission runner?

Edit:

This is how looks a Praxis with my current skills, what do u think about it?

[Praxis, *Lowskill Praxis Fitting]
Co-Processor II
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Pro-Nav Compact Missile Guidance Enhancer
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Capacitor Power Relay II

Large Micro Jump Drive
500MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Missile Guidance Computer II

‘Arbalest’ Cruise Launcher I
Drone Link Augmentor I

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Processor Overclocking Unit I
Large Ionic Field Projector I

Hornet I x5
Acolyte I x5
Warrior I x5
Hobgoblin I x5

Caldari Navy Scourge Cruise Missile x276
Cap Booster 800 x1
Missile Precision Script x2

Unfortunately, easy and cheap tend to be mutually exclusive. You can run level 4 missions in a meta fit T1 battleship as a 6 month old character. In my experience it’s neither cheap (based on my financial situation at the time) or easy!

Fit a Micro Jump Drive and learn how to use it to control range on the battlefield. You can get a medium for your Gnosis to play with - they aren’t expensive but it takes practice to use effectively.

Fit mission specific hardeners - they work better than an omni-tank and you know the damage profile of your opponents. Likewise use mission specific ammunition where possible - you want to be hitting the rats where they are weakest.

Aim for “gank + tank => 1000” where “gank” is your dps as reported by Pyfa and “tank” is your hitpoint regeneration/second also as reported by Pyfa. Level 4 missions start to qualify as “easy” once you cross that threshold.

Use https://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=HomePage to research missions you’re about to run the first time.

Good luck.

Thanks for this one.

Something that i didnt know yet and easy to controll how bad/good my current ship is.

Remember a key detail. The fact that you can fly a ship does not mean you should fly it, nor does it mean you can fly it well enough to use it.

When it comes to L4 missions it becomes crucial to have strong skills. While many L4 missions can be done with lev 3-4 skills, some L4 missions will do you serious damage.

If your skills are not strong enough, you may want to continue with L3 missions while gaining more skill points. You’ll be able to knock out L3 missions fairly fast without too many difficulties. While with L4 missions you may find yourself expending major time and efforts.

I recommend shields and cruise missiles for the mission runners in my mission runner corp. Starting with the Raven, then into the Navy Raven, then when you can fit it well finally step into a Rattlesnake. However remember the axiom of “don’t fly what you can’t afford to lose.”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.