Gnosis Gallente PVE LvL 3 Mission Fit

Hey,
I am relatively new to eve (only about 2 months in). Currently in omega.
I do find this game has a steep learning curve.
But i am still really enjoying it.
As of now im sticking to doing agent missions in high sec in a cap stable thorax as its relatively easier.
Have a vexor too but i do prefer the thorax even though mostly ive read that people prefer vexor (drone fits). My thorax fit just clobbers them from 45 km out easily. And i end up spending a lot less on iron charge whereas in the vexor i was losing a lot of drones so a lot of isk spend. Im not good a micro managing as yet.
Tried my hands at exploration and a few other things but lost a bunch of ships, so staying away from that for now.
Low on ISK. only about 190mil.

Skills are leveled to 3 for all the main skills (command, drones, gunnery, etc.)
A few of them are in level 4s also.

Now for the main question:
Just got the Gnosis in the celebration event so thought ill try level 3s.

This is the fit im looking at:

[Gnosis, Gnosis fit]

Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Damage Control II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Capacitor Power Relay II

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Compact Adaptive Invulnerability Shield Hardener
Compact Adaptive Invulnerability Shield Hardener
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Cap Recharger II
Medium Cap Battery II

250mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge M
Drone Link Augmentor II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Core Defense Field Purger I
Medium Core Defense Field Purger I

Hammerhead II x5
Hobgoblin II x5

It is cap stable (which i prefer) with everything on. It will cost me about 37 mil as i already have the ship.
Is this good for level3 ?
I dont wanna lose it as buying another would mean a lot of isk.

Would love your suggestions :slight_smile:

I’m not sure I’d bother with the damage control. You’re shield tanking, and a couple invuls will generally give you enough resist for level 3 missions (and level 4s to be honest).

I’m not sure you quite have a passive tank here. I’d suggest looking at a couple large shield extenders and a couple shield power relays.

I’d question the MWD over an afterburner, too.

But I’ve never actually flown this ship for missions. I’m sure someone will come along with more concrete recommendations.

Ive read from a lot of of other posts that for newbies its safer to have a damage control till we are able to figure out the game better.
I do have one large shield extender + 2 invuls in the fit and my resists for thermal and kinetic are at about 61%.
As far as the mwd, the gnosis is a very slow ship and with an af its not much jump in velocity.
mwd is a safer bet if i just wanna quickly get out of range.
But honestly i could be wrong in my assumptions as i have no idea how much more dangerous lvl 3 missions are.
But thanks for your suggestions :slight_smile: :grinning:
I will defnitely try to change the fit and see what stats i get.

Bear in mind you should use eve survival to see what you will be facing in the missions, and you can tailor the resists against the rats you will be facing.

https://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=MissionReportsLevel3

You shouldn’t be in danger of losing your ship as unless you are warp disrupted or scrambled you can warp out if it looks like incoming damage is getting worrying so kill those ships first if there are any in your mission. A a start I would suggest when your shields get to 1/3 I would warp out to rep, always best to be on the safe side when you start.

For pve you can use an active tank. Big ol’ shield booster on that bad boy…maybe even a shield boost amplifier.

If you are going to use guns as your main weapons, stick 3 magnetic field stabilizers on (or the appropriate damage modules for the type of weapon you are using, heat sinks for lasers, gyroscopic stabilizers for projectile guns, etc), you could probably get rid of the drone damage amplifiers. On a drone boat where drones will be the main weapons, do the opposite.

Microwarpdrives are nice and fast, but they also bloom your ship’s electronic signature 500%, making you easier to hit…can be a tradeoff situation. Praxis looks cool (in my opinion of course), but it is pretty slow. Maybe check out an afterburner?

Put a microjumpdrive on 'er. If you get in trouble you can fairly quickly “blip” yourself 100km away.

tracking computer with tracking speed scrip.

Maybe see if you can get some rigs on there to increase your gun damage or fire rate.

Light T1 drones are probably fine. A lot cheaper than T2 and just think of them as expendable ammo. Battleship like the gun Praxis mostly carry light drones as close-in defense against frigates that get up “under your guns”.

CHAAARGE!

3 Likes

@Anastasia_Vemane thanks for your suggestions :slight_smile: :grinning:
i do try my best to do that but sometimes i get overwhelmed and thats how ive lost a bunch of ships.
Guess it’ll take sometime for me to be better at it.

One thought to mwd: If you panic and run, be aware your ship is as big as a skyscraper and every shot will be a hit. Lost a couple of Myrmidons that way against Battleships.

Downsides of MWD:

• Needs much power and CPU in fitting
  • Needs much Cap, even when turned off.
  • Your sig radius will bloom when turned on.

A sniping Gnosis will do L3 Missions well, drones to kill approaching frigs, keeping distance with an AB is no problem. I tried some brawling in a Hurricane recently in L3 Missions, that was not that successful.

hey @Xuxe_Xu
sorry for late reply. my machine crashed so i couldnt reply sooner.
i do have mag stabs and drone dmg amps. its a bit of both taking my total dmg to around 446 with the turrets + hobs and around 538 with hammers.
i already do have a mwd and am cap stable with it running (so that should definitely help in escaping quick if i need to)

hey @Pierre_de_Bricassart
thanks for the suggestions.
i do get your point about mwd and their signatures.
i think ill give the sniping gnosis a try. thats excatly what my thorax build is and i love it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.