Is this fit ok for Level 2 security mission and other PvE?

Been playing for a couple of weeks now and still don’t really have a great grasp on building a good ship for my intended purpose’s. Found this fit online and changed it around a little. Any advise on what to change and make better for an Alpha player with 990K skill points would be appreciated.

[Gnosis, ***Gnosis Heavy Destroyer]
AE-K Compact Drone Damage Amplifier
Shield Power Relay I
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer I
Magnetic Field Stabilizer I

Tracking Computer I
Compact Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Compact Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Medium Shield Extender I
Small Shield Extender II
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery

200mm Prototype Gauss Gun
Heavy Missile Launcher I

Medium Hybrid Ambit Extension II
Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

Infiltrator I x3
Hobgoblin I x3
Hammerhead I x3

Iridium Charge M x4000
Antimatter Charge M x4400
Nova Heavy Missile x1500
Mjolnir Heavy Missile x1590
Inferno Heavy Missile x1500
Scourge Heavy Missile x1500

You had me at gnosis. Yes that will easily do lvl 2 missions.

As has been said - yes, a battlecruiser - even one fitted like that - will handle Level 2 missions.
Normally I’d be saying “use a cruiser for Level 2”. You’re a new player, an older player quite often would use a destroyer, but that’s the benefit of experience (how to manage the fight) and a general higher skill level.

Ship fitting is something you’ll learn with time. A good place to start is Eve University with their fitting guide: Fitting ships - EVE University Wiki - though be aware that’s skimming the surface of a large, deep and interesting rabbit hole.

My immediate thoughts on the fitting were:
No form of Range Control - rail guns track really badly (tracking is effectively how fast they can follow and hit a moving target). Level 2 missions include a lit of small and fast moving targets - you struggle to hit them. I had a Moa fitted with railguns I used in Level 2 missions: a horrible experience until I fitted it. Normally in a mission ship battlecruiser I’d be fitting a Medium Micro Jump Drive: bounce off 100km, chance to let the shields and capacitor recharge and to give you the distance to track and kill small ships as they chase after you.
A tracking script for the tracking computer will help a lot.
Yeah, the memory of that Moa has rather stuck with me.

You have gone for Cap Stability. Bit over-rated, you don’t need to be cap stable, you just pause for a moment and let the capacitor recover. You’ll not be firing all the time. Take Lead charges, they do less damage for range and better capacitor usage. If you are MMJD fitted, then range is good!

T2 Rigs. Someone has some ISK to spare! Probably overkill, T1 rigs will be fine. Possibly change the Ambit rig for a tracking rig (the metastasis ones).

I can see why the Nanofibre modules are there: she’ll be a lot slower than you are used to. Get used to it: big ships are big ships. You may find replacing one with a Damage Control module and the other with another Magnetic Stabiliser an improvement. General rule: always fit a Damage Control unless you understand why you are not fitting it.

You’ve got three of each type of light drone. I assume that’s because you only have Drones skill at level III so can only fly three at a time. If that’s the case training it to Level V is worth your time. It’ll enable you to fly full sets of drones. Take a flight of lights and a flight of mediums.

Anyway, not a horrible fit. Not how I’d do it, but some of that is personal preference. And a lot of it is preference not absolute right or wrong.

I see you are using meta-turrets (the “prototype” railguns) - the “better than the basic gun, but not as good as the T2 gun” units. There are meta equivalents of most of the other modules you have fitted. Look at using those: the little gains all add up.
And start to train your basic fitting and weapon skills: all those many “+5% per level” things add up.

The Gnosis itself isn’t a bad hull if your spaceship skills are poor, but it’ll be out performed by a faction ship where you have a good skill level for that hull. The Ferox for example: an extra turret and a bonus to hybrid range.

This is the Moa I ended up with. Not perfect, but adequate, similar defence, better DPS and a third of the price. Yes, I’ve a higher skill level and can fit everything in, but it may give you a place to start thinking from.

Moa Fit

[Moa, Gloriana II]

Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II

10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Large Shield Extender II
EM Shield Hardener II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Stasis Webifier II

200mm Railgun II
200mm Railgun II
200mm Railgun II
200mm Railgun II
200mm Railgun II

Medium Thermal Shield Reinforcer I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Hybrid Metastasis Adjuster I

Acolyte II x3

3 Likes

Level twos can be easily done in destroyers, a battlecruiser though, some missions WILL bar you from accessing them with such a ship.

[Cormorant, *Simulated Cormorant Fitting]
Vortex Compact Magnetic Field Stabilizer
IFFA Compact Damage Control

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Enduring Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Small Clarity Ward Enduring Shield Booster

125mm Prototype Gauss Gun
[Empty High slot]

Small Capacitor Control Circuit I

Iridium Charge S x5000
Antimatter Charge S x5000

This will run lvl 2’s fast just dont keep the shield booster on and asign a short cut key to the shield booster so you can pulse it every now and then.

The 125’s have better tracking than the 150’s but if you get good at flying and you fly away from frigates then upgrade to the 150’s which have more damage and longer range.

For pve tank there is usually 2 types of fits, resistance + cap mods + active repers. or shield Max hp + shield recharging rate but you usually get low dps out of it so the active tank is mostly better.

Well, unsurprisingly, your fit is a bit bad. Assuming that you want to keep using your Gnosis with at least some of its modules, I’d like to suggest training CPU Management and Weapon Upgrades to Level 3 and try following:

[Gnosis, 200mm rails]

IFFA Compact Damage Control

Optical Compact Tracking Computer, Optimal Range Script
Optical Compact Tracking Computer, Optimal Range Script
10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender

200mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Iron Charge M
Drone Link Augmentor I

Medium Hybrid Metastasis Adjuster II

Hammerhead I x4
Hobgoblin I x4

As mentioned above, you will encounter a lot of frigs, thus also training Drones to 4 ASAP is VERY much encouraged.

This fit provides you with following:

Some damage even vs small ships at 0 transversal(when they are flying directy at you from longer distances) from somewhere 25 to 50 km but you usually won’t hit stuff with your guns below 20-25 km at all.

Damage vs close range targets via drones(train to lvl 4 asap).

Some capacitor stability when not running AB.

Said AB will allow for easier traveling inside mission pockets or for adjusting range and keeping transversal at 0 when needed.

Drone Link Augmentor increases your base drone control range to 40 km.

Being buffer tanked, this fit relies on you not taking too much damage thanks to your adequate damage projection.

Now, in the case that you want to do a mission that has all the NPCs exclusively at close range, nothing hinders you to fit 150mm small rails, maybe change from AB or shild extender to a web, switch between iron and antimatter ammo as needed and just blast the small stuff away. Obviously, being buffer tanked, this requires proper judgement about how much damage you can handle.

P.S.: you may try to change one tracking computer to a web, but in my past experience as an Alpha you won’t hit frigs with rails - especially 200mm ones - even when webbed without some serious transversal adjustements. Drones will do, though. So it’s a possibility to consider.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.