Nerf Ganking Megathread

Got ya! :slight_smile:

How?

I’m still ganking, and tethering.

Doesn’t look like you got anything.

1 Like

I am not against you ganking. Do it all day long.

I am doing it all day long.

I am glad you are enjoying the game then! Everyone who does that is a satisfied customer, hopefully supporting CCP with Omega which can then fund the server for some years to come!

If only there was an objective, authoritative post-fanfest statement from CCP about whether ganking was still allowed. Maybe then @Lucas_Kell would be convinced.

Oh look.

3 Likes

I guess I could make the argument that a frigate, sitting on a gate in a gank heavy system for an hour, is not actually a noob simply traveling but rather someone with experience using an alt to keep an eye on traffic to determine when it’s clear to jump. That feels like a valid target. Same reason we always kill the pod sitting 250 km off the Low sec gate camp. It’s not some poor rookie, it’s a dude streaming the gate camp.

Thank you. I’m glad you agree. Aiko’s stats prove that corvette kills are exceptionally low in her killboard. But CODE. is linked via ESI, they don’t have anything to hide. The same is true for other “honest” gankers. You and I both know that griefers are most likely not linked.

You must be referring to someone else’s post now, I wrote no such thing.

I posted a link with data, where’s the bias in that ?

Good.

I’m sure there are real griefers in the game, and that not every t1 frigate loss is the result of griefing. I’m also certain that the forums are not the place where it will be decided what constitutes griefing and what ganking, or how Mr. Ratati’s slides should be interpreted.

It would be far more interesting to have a debate on pvp in general in high sec space, but the division in opinions has become radical and therefore useless.

Realistically their stance has already changed, that’s why Aiko and her minions are going ham on trying to shut down discussions about it.

Show me where I’ve stated ganking isn’t allowed.

What I’ve said is that CCP are looking into reducing ganking, particularly when it comes to newer players which is objectively true.

Yeah I’m sure you could make near infinite amounts of arguments, that doesn’t change the reality that most ganks are not people floating about if freighters, they are small ships like frigates.

Yeah, agree.

It was the context of the kill I linked. They made that claim, I posted the link as a quick nod that their claim was false.

:rofl: :rofl: My bad. When I clicked the link your post was you just going “nope” and a link to a beatles song.

I somewhat agree, but I see no issue with discussing and even speculating on what CCP may be inclined to do. It’s just basically impossible to do in any reasonable way when there are people denying that was he was talking about is related to ganking in any way.

Highsec PvP has been going downhill for a long time, and the addition of citadels run by nullsec groups really didn’t help a lot. To me, the highsec income streams are already staggeringly low. If they tackled extreme multiboxing (by making activities more active and harder to scale) and went a bit harder on bots the game could easily afford to make highsec a safer zone with more environmental and PvE dangers. I have a feeling they are eventually going to just roll it into FW though.

1 Like

Yeah, sorry about that. That was a link for the “What music are you listening to today” thread. Fixed it.

I agree.

1 Like

And what is the context? Are they explorers likely to have exploration loot that is worth expending a catalyst for.

How many examples do you typically require before you stop diminishing counter arguments as being irrelevant outliers. It’s pretty much your favourite way to dismiss valid counter points so I defer to your wisdom.

Anywhere you talk about “the Fanfest presentation”. Duh.

1 Like

Nope, just going through gates. It happens a lot in hub systems between career agents like Sobaseki and Isanamo. There’s a guy called Aaaarrgg who now pops pods on gates, he used to pop frigates pretty much all day every day in Madirmilire. It’s just to push up kill numbers, most of the time they don’t even have anyone on standby to do any looting.

Depends on the question and the outliers. Most of the counterarguments presented to me here haven’t even been outliers though, just outright lies (see what I did there?).

I talk about he fanfest presentation to show that CCP believe that a portion of ganking affects new payer retention and that they have plans to reduce ganking. At no point have I claimed it means ganking isn’t allowed.

Extreme edge case compared to the majority of ganking taking place at the moment. You’re moving goalposts to support your argument. I’m rapidly losing interest in this discussion.

Griffins are dirt cheap too. You don’t want solutions though, do you? Just another whiner.

Scout/looters, I said. Yeah, I don’t know what I’m talking about…

I’m done here. Yet another nullsec F1 monkey coming to C&P with the “solution to highsec ganking”.

2 Likes

As much as I dislike antigankers, because they are the absolute scum of the universe (like what kind of sociopath psycho would try to grief a poor innocent ganker???) I will acknowledge that they are better than the crybaby forum nerf ganking whinerminers like Lucas Kell, Dracvlad, Dryson, RidleyRenlyRohan Shadowbanner, etc. If u want to stop me so bad, then undock your ship and come try to catch me, instead of just endlessly posting about how CCP needs to do it.

6 Likes

Absolute rubbish. Stating that I have never been ganked while mining and that avoiding being ganked is easy is not an ‘opinion’…it is actual fact from Eve. And when you try to reduce that down to 'that’s just your experience '…you provide absolutely no reason why it would not be anyone else’s.

If I ever see Cilly mining, I will absolutely go out of my way to gank that one. So you have the most active miner ganker in the game, and leader of the largest ganking alliance in the game, who will specifically target and gank this miner… and yet they haven’t been ganked, because it’s easy to avoid ganks.

Protip: Don’t mine in Isanamo. That’s half the battle!

3 Likes

But it’s also not evidence of anything in this thread. All it’s evidence of is that you personally haven’t been ganked while mining.

Just look at the killboards. There are countless people for whom that is not their experience.

You said it’s easy to avoid ganks, and now you are arguing the opposite?

1 Like

Bring it on ! I love a challenge. This is what Eve is all about…not whiny people moaning that their 2 pence worth of Venture got blapped and now they have to have post traumatic hypnotherapy counselling alongside alien abduction victims and former flat earthers.

3 Likes