Sorry Renard, tied up at work past couple of days. Haven’t been able to check much stuff. Can log into windows and extract logs from there from SiSi in about an hour or three, if this is still useful.
Yea, this is the best way to go about it I think.
They’ve explained why they don’t bother with Linux. And it’s understandable, though it pains me to say it. It boils down to amount of “effort per user” ratio, perhaps even the devs are beholden to this because it came from up above, some higher up tying their hands on what they should or shouldn’t use their time on. ![]()
I do appreciate that they did go out of their way to communicate this once they realized that there was a good sized group of Linux users, and recognized that they were not aware of the amount of users using Linux to log into/play the game.
It’s good to let them know (in a nice way) that there are people like ourselves that do use the Linux client. As mentioned on the other post, I’ve got 4xomega accounts, and have been using the eve on linux for about 10 years now maybe (I can’t remember for sure)? I’m 100% sure that I’ve been using them consistently, for at least 6 years.
But for the time being, we have to assume that there won’t be any additional help, and look into this ourselves as much as we can. In the process, we may leave some breadcrumbs that might lead to a fix on CCP’s end if the effort needed to fix is small enough. Or… maybe not, but then we all know we did as much as we could.