New Player, should I subscribe?

every year for almost 15yr I’ve bought 4 x yearly subs BUT this year na I’m waiting to see if eve would last a whole year, this will be my first year having no faith in eves directions EVEN after deleting the Boot.ini

Or just play now and enjoy the game, and if it goes in a direction you don’t like then you still had fun until then. It’s only $15 a month, not a million dollar commitment for the rest of the OP’s life.

1 Like

NO!

first try out the alpha account, play for some weeks/months and decide if u really like the game and the way the devs are going!

if u still like it after playing some time get a omega account and pay for it! but test it first, dont give a company fast money if u arent sure if u gonna like the game/their product!

I’m not sure that there has ever been a clearly stated vision for the overall game. New major features have been announced at various points and introduced into the game, but I’ve never had the sense of an overall long-term game vision being committed to outside of three things: pvp, a shared sandbox experience, and a mostly player-driven economy.

To OP: there are many different things to do in EVE. Try some of them out and see what you like and don’t like. If you like some of them enough, I’d recommend subscribing as the training time advantage will will accelerate access to ships / skills. Also, some skills, ships, and missions are off limits otherwise since alpha accounts aren’t allowed to use them.

1 Like

Exactly this.

Play as alpha untill 5million skillpoints. It might be tempting to subscrbe to be able to fly better mining ships like retriever but really avoid mining as much as possible. It is lowest income in highsec from basically all possible activities, it is boring and non-interactive af, you learn nothing about this game and you get also abused by gankers and called carebear or crab. You don’t want that. Apply to pvp or pve corporation and follow their advices.

Don’t mindlessly mine all days only to find out you actually didn’t play this game.

2 Likes

Yes, but stay away from the forums and reddit.

It’ll ruin your game.

5 Likes

A couple of other points:

• At the start, other than accumulating more SP per day, subbing/Omega gives you few benefits because almost everything you use/do is available to Alphas anyway.
  • You are likely better off to sub ‘strategically’ once you learn a bit more about the game. There are ‘refer a friend’ benefits, there are occasional events which give bonus rewards to Omegas, there are sales on subs. You might end up deciding to use this account to ‘refer a friend’ a second account and sub that one, for instance.
  • There are Starter, Meteor, Galaxy packs etc. that give various bonus items/PLEX and sub time, and can only be purchased once per account.
  • Various sales happen for Black Friday, Christmas, annual Anniversary etc.

So learn the game a little, then check into the various ways of setting up a first time sub, and pick the method that fits your budget and interest level.

2 Likes

This is a great point actually. Once a new player decides that they want to go Omega, they should watch for sales as these packages are a great deal.

My short answer is no, don’t bother. Just play for free and see how things go for you personally and for the game.

actual refferal link. If you use it, write me here the name of the character and the time of registration, I will send you a gift.

@Logan_Glassnova

well … yes it is … you will get a 50% off for first month offer from CCP … then you can try out for a few bucks

for me subscription was never a questeion (no alphas at that time)
and your really dont need to think about alpha … omega … can i use this or can i fly that … just do it

feel free to ask me ingame for info

JuuR

1 Like

i would say that if you like it then subscribe. it certainly is worth having access to more powerful ships and weapons.

1 Like

no. Especially with their screwing everything up like they are now.

Obviously this isnt normal. Things will get better.

Are you implying that EVE is DDOSing itself?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.