New Player, should I subscribe?

Hello,

After getting into Second Galaxy, I have decided to try out the real game. Is subscribing a worthwhile investment out of the gate?

Thanks,

2 Likes

Yeah. I’d say it’s worthwhile.

1 Like

I would say not. Wait until you hit the 5 million sp cap as an alpha. All that sp is free. Unless you are rich irl. Then you can do whatever.

4 Likes

It’s not an investment at all, but consider what else you spend your entertainment budget on and ask yourself if EVE fits into that at whatever your local subscription rate is.

If you play an average of two hours a day, 60 hours a month, and you pay $15 for that sub… Is EVE worth $0.25 per hour? What did you spend on coffee or burgers last month?

That’s how I look at it, anyway.

8 Likes

There is very little reason to go omega right away, as a new player. You’re not going to run into any barriers too quickly and while training is faster being new means you don’t even know WHAT to train, or do. Unless it’s disposable income for you I’d suggest to take your time to figure out what EVE actually is, if it’s actually what you are looking for and if so which play style you are looking for.

I would suggest to try different play styles, different ships, weapons and factions and actually, create different accounts so you can train different things at the same time. And once you have somewhat of an idea then start to focus on that play style/character/account that you feel suits you and THEN perhaps go omega on that one.

As a side note I’d suggest to NOT buy plex, inject SP or create/copy skill plans, especially not “magic 14”. All of these will rob you of early achievements that keep you interested or just set you on a long boring road to something you might not even end up enjoying.

1 Like

Jump on and get comfortable with the game a bit for 3-4 days. If you are having fun 100% recommend a sub.

3 Likes

If you get through the tutorial and feel like you could exist with us here in Eve, then yes throw it a sub you will train twice as fast as an Alpha.

I reccomend subbing but as others have said go ahead and get some more experience as not subbing right away isnt a bad thing.

Thanks for the input, friends. I’ll sub a little further down the line.

2 Likes

Nope. Eve is dying and CCP are flogging a dead horse. Don’t bother subbing, ever.

2 Likes

If you enjoy the game as an alpha, stay alpha.

Hold off from subbing until you’ve got a good reason.

1 Like

What most have already said… It is nice to have faster training and adding a list of skills to train that lasts weeks/months is also nice. But if you are going to play every day to add skills to training queue and you dont mind a bit more wait. Training the basics first can save some money.

Personally I always go for subs in a game once I realize I like it, for the bonuses.

2 Likes

Counter-argument: it’s $15 for your first month. Unless you’re poor just buy it.

The main reason to sub is to do pvp and maybe large-scale industry and trade. Vanilla pve shouldn’t require a sub.

Of course if that’s all you’re going to do you might as well quit now because you’ve opted into the most boring and pointless part of the game. PvE exists to fund the cool things, nothing more.

Not just sp wise, but very few people stick with the game if they don’t find a good group of people to play with.

So it may also be a good idea to wait until you find some friends before you invest heavily in the game.

If you are a patient person, wait until you hit the 5.5M SP cap for Alphas…

If you are not or $15 doesn’t bother you then go for it…

Just please, read first some advise on EVE and how to play and enjoy it:

• Don’t play to earn ISK, play to have fun
  • Set short term and long term goals
  • Have your character specilize in a primary role and a secondary (related) role…don’t Swiss-Army-Knife

Enjoy and GL…

2 Likes

No…

Everything should require a sub. Alpha state should be removed entirely.

1 Like

No. The game can get very tedious, very quickly.

It also seems that the game direction is a bit in doubt currently, so it would also make sense to wait until the vision clears up a bit.