New Project Discovery: COVID-19

Obviously the supply of concord ships is only from these projects. So they didnt want to get rid of the only one thing they come from.

Most of the Gold Standard cell boundries are arbitrary as hell.
While I usually easily pass, the “answer” they are looking for in the control samples could have easily been moved one way or another.
Just like looking at clouds and determing what you see.

2 Likes

Obviously the supply of concord ships is only from these projects.

Nope. You can get all the CONCORD ships BPCs with recruiting RECRUIT A FRIEND AND GET REWARDS

Though I’d say it’s more challenging than PD.

Removed an offensive post. First warning.

1 Like

I have a suggestion – you should make it so that a double click closes the boundary you are drawing. Currently it is quite annoying to close the loop. Either you keep clicking till you have enough points so that it closes automatically (and I have drawn some very weird shapes just to get it to close). Or you try to click exactly on the first point, and it’s quite a struggle to pinpoint that thing. A double click would solve this problem very well.

Wow, 40 recruits that pay for game. Definitely someone would have to be really active in social media to get to this number.

Just a few notes,.
If you have less then 1 million SP you will not be able to receive any rewards besides ISK past level 10
If you have less then 2 million SP you will not be able to receive any rewards besides ISK past level 25
I’m pretty maxed out on % and level points,.but can only do 5-6 levels in 24 hours,.
I’m curious if the next shut off will be at 5 million SP and level 50,…
Happy Hunting !!

2 Likes

This sucks for a new player. Eagerly waiting to get to 2 mill so I can keep getting the sweet sweet rewards

Remember that you have 3 character slots per account.

True, but I am really new to this and so far am still loving just flying around in my main and doing random stuff… I will definitely take advantage of this at some point!

1 Like

IMHO new “discovery” is a complete bullsh*t. CCP, I want my exoplanets back!

3 Likes

Confirmed. I tried it on one of my alts, and it’s true. You stop getting experience points after level 10 if you have less than 1m SP.

This is what is says:

‘‘Your participation in the project is admirable but it appears you lack the necessary skill-point-based prerequisites to qualify for the next rank. Unfortunately, until you progress in your training as a capsuleer and obtain 1,000,000 skill points, we cannot promote you to the next rank. That said, we will still renumerate you for your efforts in the form of ISK’’.

This is a bit unfair. I know CCP must be curled up in agony over people farming alpha accounts for PD rewards, but still…

I wonder…do you need 50m SP to be able to get to level 500?

I’m honestly OK with this. Exoplanets was botted pretty heavily (sadly) and it was mostly by alpha accounts. They would make a new account then let it sit and get to level 500 then start on the next. This greatly reduces the amount of bots that can profit off of PD.

I just wish that older accounts that are Omega didn’t have the Hard limit every day.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t actually mind either. This will increase Enforcer and Marshal prices and make these ships rarer (if there are further SP requirements to progress that far). Exactly what limited-edition ships should be. We can still get them, and that’s nice. But we can’t farm them anymore.

1 Like

I really don’t even understand the point of this iteration.

I literally have no freaking clue what I’m suppose to do…but have a 96.2% accuracy rating.

…and I just got a 90% accuracy on another ‘verified slide’.

I actually have to count how many I do so I don’t hit the “5 per minute” limit.

Has anyone found a few of the Gold Standard reference slides to be completely inaccurate? For example, sometimes I’ll get one with two obviously separate clusters–one near top, one near bottom with a large slice of empty space between them. No ambiguity. But the Gold Standard will encompass one cluster and stretch it all the way–through the empty void in between and eat into the second cluster, resulting in a 0% accuracy score.

I’ve seen more clearly-inaccurate examples than the one I’ve pasted below, but it’s the only screenshot I have. It’s hard to see, as the “Failed” text obscures some of the empty area, but the cluster I drew at the bottom is clearly separated by an empty gulf from the dense cluster above. But the gold standard instead stretches the area of the top cluster past that completely empty area and bisects through half of the bottom cluster.

These are the Gold Standard reference slides, but some of these can’t be right.

2 Likes

Another feature that’d be nice would be an undo function. Right-click to undo the last node, something like that.

To be frank, I am not sure what exactly is accurate and what not, but I have got contradicting standard slides. Your example would be one of them. I really feel that this whole thing is a child’s play. You don’t really need to go through much effort to keep your accuracy at 99%…

I don’t know. Maybe they don’t even need that accurate boundaries (otherwise there would be much tougher quality control). Maybe they just need the virus molecules to pop up, no matter in exactly what manner it is you accomplish that.

I find that people are far too conservative with their box drawing. Just do the simple method.

6 Likes

thats what i do all the time